Frackin Crap!!!! I came here Peed off and need to chill, Is there anything available for playbook where i can create a document and have spell checking!!!!!!!!! frack!

Michaelaw
    12-30-11 08:51 PM
    Ummmmm No, not that I know of for now, unless we get that with the OS2 update.
    12-30-11 09:04 PM
    12-30-11 09:14 PM
    The next beta for 2.0 will apparently include spell-checking and auto-text of some form, at least in the APIs available to developers to use in the AIR SDK and perhaps WebWorks and the NDK as well. (I'm only certain about the AIR one, and assuming for the others.)

I have no idea if this will show up in the native apps or web browser... it may all still be a work in progress so also no idea how solid it will be. Remember, it's a developer pre-release for developer testing, not a real beta of the full OS.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-30-11 09:17 PM
    Docs to go spell checks or suggest anyway if you touch the word.
    12-30-11 09:28 PM
    I just checked and the stock Words to Go app still spell checks and has replacement words. Are you on the Beta OS? I think spell check is no longer in Words to Go in the Beta, as the 2.0 will have a global spell check.
    12-30-11 09:43 PM
    I just checked and the stock Words to Go app still spell checks and has replacement words. Are you on the Beta OS? I think spell check is no longer in Words to Go in the Beta, as the 2.0 will have a global spell check.
    Not on Beta, too many people posting problems keeps me away,
    12-30-11 09:48 PM
    Learning to spell is not a practical option? It worked for me millions of years ago.
    There is always one post like this when it comes to a spell check post.

It's called convenience..

Tim
    12-30-11 11:02 PM
    Not on Beta, too many people posting problems keeps me away,
    For normal use it's great!
    12-30-11 11:36 PM
    I didn't say I don't use it, I just know how to spell. Did spelling bees in school, 45 years ago.

And there's always one who doesn't get the humor.
    I still prefer the old-fashion way of checking word spelling - the dictionary.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-30-11 11:42 PM
    Don't need one. As I said, I aced spelling bees in grammar school.

I knew you would continue with this. Carry on.
    What are you talking about, "I knew you would continue with this. Carry on." I seriously use a dictionary daily at work and at home. I never trust computer-aided spell checking as there are too many errors from the "auto suggestions." And for your information I was an ace speller in school though I did not compete in spelling bees. As you were. Carry on.
    12-31-11 12:05 AM
    Learning to spell is not a practical option? It worked for me millions of years ago.
    But it did not teach you to avoid exaggeration.
    katgirl39 likes this.
    12-31-11 12:45 AM
    Beer????? Did someone say Beer????? Throw me one willya?
    12-31-11 02:33 AM
    Well KJD,

Your post sounds smug, and the structure of your sentence makes its sound as if you are millions of years old!

I was a voracious reader as a youth, my word comprehension is above average, yet for some reason there are words which I consistently cannot learn to spell as well. Some sort of brain fart thingy.

Anyway, don't try to use coy sentences to say, hey buddy, your stupid, can't you spell!

Frack no I can't spell!

Michaelaw
    12-31-11 06:32 AM
    For normal use it's great!
    Are you on Beta OS2?

Michaelaw
    12-31-11 06:35 AM
    Are you on Beta OS2?

Michaelaw
    If you're looking for spelling assistance stay away from the beta. It doesn't even underline words like OS1 does.
    It does function well otherwise.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 12-31-11 at 10:48 AM. Reason: My error was hurting KJD's eyes.
    12-31-11 09:24 AM
    Chaddface, are you using it now?
    Yes I am.
    12-31-11 09:33 AM
    on a lighter note, at least people have stopped posting the same topic over and over and over.....or maybe not.

also, jus a FYI for everyone, there is a spellcheck button in the top right of the window for posting on the CB forums
    12-31-11 09:40 AM
    It doesn't seem to work very well then. I was considering it, but I think not.
    Good idea. I think you should wait for the easy button.
    12-31-11 09:54 AM
    I'll edit my post to avoid any more confusion my horrible mistake caused.
    You have proved your dominance. Maybe you could talk me through facing my wife and daughter.
    12-31-11 10:47 AM
    yea i think its so ********. PB can tell you its spelled wrong but wont spell check it. :|
    12-31-11 11:27 AM
    yea i think its so ********. PB can tell you its spelled wrong but wont spell check it. :|
    Actually, it is a free NEW GAME for the pb: See how many tries it takes to finally get the spelling of the word correct.
    12-31-11 12:12 PM
    Actually, it is a free NEW GAME for the pb: See how many tries it takes to finally get the spelling of the word correct.
    hahah

i wish those little blue select/copy/paste arrows were integrated through out the entire PB. i can easy zoom in on websites but not in BBM so inhave to tap repeatedly to get the correct spot. lol its easier erasing the whole thing and starting over.
    12-31-11 12:17 PM
    LOL I do that sometimes. Lately I've been typing things in word to go then I do a copy and paste. Or I check the word on google. More work than it should be but does the trick.
    12-31-11 12:19 PM
    LOL I do that sometimes. Lately I've been typing things in word to go then I do a copy and paste. Or I check the word on google. More work than it should be but does the trick.
    Well, that's close to the guy who said consult a dictionary. I've got one on my phone. So I could start typing on my pb, see a RED UNDERLINE and consult my phone for the correct spelling. Really, really efficient.

Well, maybe OS2!
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-31-11 12:56 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD