So spreading bunk is OK because someone will be releasing a Quad Core at sometime? This guy just spouts off totally wrong stuff regularly.
    im not saying anything. I knew there was talk of the quad core coming and since we were talking about that subject i provided a link about it.
    02-16-11 05:41 PM
    So spreading bunk is OK because someone will be releasing a Quad Core at sometime? This guy just spouts off totally wrong stuff regularly.
    I'm inclined to disagree. Maybe howarmat was unaware that Qualcomm was releasing quad cores later this year. What I do know is that he doesn't go around spouting off wrong information regularly. He's a good guy with no bad intentions. promise. ))
    02-16-11 05:55 PM
    im not saying anything. I knew there was talk of the quad core coming and since we were talking about that subject i provided a link about it.
    I'm inclined to disagree. Maybe howarmat was unaware that Qualcomm was releasing quad cores later this year. What I do know is that he doesn't go around spouting off wrong information regularly. He's a good guy with no bad intentions. promise. ))
    My original comments were to N8ter, and that is who I was referring to on spreading the wrong info statement. Nothing was meant towards howarmat other than than N8ter obviously wasn't referring to the Tegra 3 Kal-El. Sorry if it was taken as an attack on howarmat as that was not the intent.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    02-16-11 07:21 PM
    i understand and knew you were not talking about me.....no worries bro!
    02-16-11 07:24 PM
    My original comments were to N8ter, and that is who I was referring to on spreading the wrong info statement. Nothing was meant towards howarmat other than than N8ter obviously wasn't referring to the Tegra 3 Kal-El. Sorry if it was taken as an attack on howarmat as that was not the intent.
    My bad! Didn't really get it. Sorry about that. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 08:42 PM
    I pulled the 4GB from Gizmodo who was reporting it had 4GB, not 4Gb. Any case im wrong lol.

The Optimus 3D has 512 of RAM not 4GB. It has 8GB of storage. As for you comment below, saying the Snapdragon has better application cores is not true either, it's only your opinion. As for SGX540 in the PlayBook, it can hold it's own. The PlayBook in general can hold it own against any other tab that's coming out for a while.

Edit: Also the PlayBook has the SGX540 clocked higher than in devices.

Andandtech already ran benchmarks on the Galaxy S 2 with Exynos, and it falls behind even the Tegra 2. And the Tegra 2 is behind the TI OMAP 4430. Also note the dual core dual channel processor versus single in other devices.
    I've already addressed my mistake regarding the RAM of the Optimus 3D.

Regarding the Snapdragons, they have been time and again benchmarked and have simply blown every other CPU away, yes thats including every variation of the OMAP3 and even my beloved Vibrant's Hummingbird. When it comes to GPU performance, the Snapdragon falls waaaaay behind. It will be interesting to see if any next gen cpu will topple the Scorpion inside the Snapdragon, but i hope they do considering the scorpion hasnt been updated in a couple years i think.

Regarding the SGX540, i have one in my phone and the thing is beast so i know how powerful it is.

Regarding the Exynos, it is still unfinished and not in full form which if you've seen any of the Youtube videos, you can see some very obvious lag just from switching pages on the homescreen. Its easy to tell something isn't right when the quad core Mali 400MP4 is getting beaten by the original Galaxy S or within spitting distance and the pathetically weak GPU of Snapdragons in the HTC devices is beating a quad core GPU. I'll wait until the device is close to being readily available before saying the Exynos chip is a dud.
    02-17-11 02:04 AM
    I want to like Nvidia, but I just can't. I think they're just rushing out processors in an attempt to gain share, which is fine if that's all you want. But their processors just don't match up well against others; Qualcomm & TI. Kal-El is interesting, but not in a HH.
    You have to think that all the hardware manufacturers that have been showing off tegra 2 tablets this week at mwc are going to be more than a little annoyed with nvidia as this public announcement is going to lead to some people deciding to keep their money in their pocket for another 6 months.
    02-17-11 03:53 AM
    You have to think that all the hardware manufacturers that have been showing off tegra 2 tablets this week at mwc are going to be more than a little annoyed with nvidia as this public announcement is going to lead to some people deciding to keep their money in their pocket for another 6 months.

The Hardware Manufacturers won't load the Tegra 3 into tablets unless they make money off of their Tegra 2 tablets, so that wont be the case, I don't expect to see Tegra 3 tablets in 2011 maybe for the holiday rush, but these company's who are currently using the Tegra 2 are all "poor" company's they don't have the margins to kill off their tegra 2 based shipments for a re Engineer with tegra 3,

Also, How well HC is made to handle 4 cores needs to be addressed, will there be resource management to make quadcore more attractive than dual core?
    02-17-11 06:28 AM
    The Xoom surely hasn't topped the PlayBook. It won't be getting Flash support for a few months. Flash support on the PB however, works very well.
    02-21-11 05:56 AM
    The Xoom surely hasn't topped the PlayBook. It won't be getting Flash support for a few months. Flash support on the PB however, works very well.

Just saw that on engadget... wow.

Say what you will about RIM not releasing fast enough, but it seems Motorola is releasing TOO fast with no flash support, needing to buy a month of data to activate wifi, waiting to "upgrade" to 4G.
    02-21-11 06:24 AM
    Just saw that on engadget... wow.

Say what you will about RIM not releasing fast enough, but it seems Motorola is releasing TOO fast with no flash support, needing to buy a month of data to activate wifi, waiting to "upgrade" to 4G.
    I agree. They are rushing too much. RIM knows what it's doing, regardless of what they naysayers say.

As for the Xoom, it will be a good tablet. A very good one in it's own right. I just think Moto is trying to push it out too quick and the device is suffering because of it. As are it's potential customers.
    02-21-11 06:52 AM
    When I read that I started to laugh and after reading through a couple of pages of the comments my laughter become louder. This has to suck for all those who wanted this tablet.
    02-21-11 07:02 AM
    When I read that I started to laugh and after reading through a couple of pages of the comments my laughter become louder. This has to suck for all those who wanted this tablet.
    That and the $900 for a 3g device. The suck meter had to go waaaay off in the red on that one.

On the other hand the xoom fiends will have thiers soon... And no garauntee when the playbook will be out.

02-21-11 07:09 AM
    The lack of flash doesn't really bother me with the Xoom it's the up in the air about Netflix. I'm waiting to hear more about yes or no.
    Last edited by Daps; 02-21-11 at 08:11 AM.
    02-21-11 08:00 AM
    That and the $900 for a 3g device. The suck meter had to go waaaay off in the red on that one.

On the other hand the xoom fiends will have thiers soon... And no garauntee when the playbook will be out.

the needle should be in the red :P
    02-21-11 09:32 AM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD