http://us.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...k_specs_US.pdf

I found this one, but I'm looking for something more detailed to forward to my company's IT department. From what I understand I need my IT department to allow Bridge connectivity in our policy. At this point they seem to know very little about the Playbook, and more specifically, how Bridge works. It's one thing for me to explain it and another for them to see literature from RIM describing the way Bridge works.

I can't wait to go buy a Playbook, but without Bridge connectivity I'm not sure it will be worth it.

Any help would be appreciated!
    04-18-11 08:33 PM
    Give them Kevin's Bridge video.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bengleu22 likes this.
    04-18-11 08:35 PM
    I know I can't view anything on youtube at work, I would assume our IT department can.

I'm hoping to find a detailed spec sheet that addresses security.

I forwarded Kevin's article and video earlier today.
    Last edited by bengleu22; 04-18-11 at 08:43 PM.
    04-18-11 08:41 PM
    From what I have read, by default (without changing anything) the Blackberry Bridge will work out of the box with BES. Additional security policies have to be added to disallow the Blackberry Bridge from the BES server but it needs to get an update to do so.

Forward this link to them: Security Technical Overview - BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0

Edit: There's some interesting reading for those technically minded also in terms of general tablet security for those who like to look under the covers.
    Last edited by snuci; 04-18-11 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added Edit
    dcscott likes this.
    04-18-11 08:48 PM
    From what I have read, by default (without changing anything) the Blackberry Bridge will work out of the box with BES. Additional security policies have to be added to disallow the Blackberry Bridge from the BES server but it needs to get an update to do so.

Forward this link to them: Security Technical Overview - BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0

Edit: There's some interesting reading for those technically minded also in terms of general tablet security for those who like to look under the covers.
    Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD