In German - Austrian newspaper "Der Standard" article

Head of Sales for Switzerland, Austria and Israel reports that the Playbook sold 1 million

RIM: "Eines Tages wird auch Apple wieder unten sein" - Smartphones - derStandard.at

Baptista: Immer, wenn ein Tablet kommt, kommt es zuerst in der WLAN-Variante und wird dann durch eine 3G-Variante erweitert. Unser PlayBook hat sich eine Million Mal verkauft. Es hat sich zwar nicht so gut verkauft, wie das eines Konkurrenten, aber es ist eine nette Zahl. Das PlayBook ist als Erweiterung des BlackBerry gedacht.

sorry guys, it is in German

Sith_Apprentice and Heavens1 like this.
    08-01-12 01:17 PM
    Baptista: Whenever a tablet comes, it comes first in the wireless version, and then expands with a 3G version. Our playbook has sold one million copies. Although it has been sold not as good as that of a competitor, but it's a nice number, the Playbook is designed as an extension of the BlackBerry.

Google Translate
    hreiner1 likes this.
    08-01-12 01:24 PM
    considering nobody even really knew for a long time that RIM had a tablet and all the OS delays, 1m is pretty decent.

Sent from my BB 9900 using the CB Forums App!
    08-01-12 04:39 PM
    I assume he's talking about PlayBook sales in general and not just his region, right?
    08-01-12 05:05 PM
    I assume he's talking about PlayBook sales in general and not just his region, right?
    That's what I was wondering. I suspect OVER ALL sales.
    08-01-12 07:14 PM
    Its a worldwide sales number, but I see no source. RIM said they sold "over 1 million" worldwide at some point this spring, so he's probably just using that number to write the article.
    08-01-12 07:19 PM
    As has been noted in several places, the PlayBook activation total (i.e. actual sales, not merely shipments) passed 1M roughly at the end of 2011 or some time in January 2012.

By now it's obviously gone well beyond that. This 1M figure isn't "news" any more...
    08-01-12 11:24 PM
    As has been noted in several places, the PlayBook activation total (i.e. actual sales, not merely shipments) passed 1M roughly at the end of 2011 or some time in January 2012.

By now it's obviously gone well beyond that. This 1M figure isn't "news" any more...
    It would be kind of helpful if RIM reported cumulative sales more often and more clearly, so people aren't left guessing or reporting old numbers because those are the closest thing to official that they've got.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-12 12:14 AM
    Yea this news has been out there for a while, still good to hear though.

IMO the PB sales wont increase again until there is another firesale or when BB10 arrives and the BB10 phones have created a bit more media exposure on the platform (hopefully positive buzz!!!)

They should clear the wifi-only PB inventory once BB10 hits with another firesale to get a BB10 device into as many households as possible!!!
    08-02-12 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD