Some are spreading this on purpose, even in this thread. Just make a note of those causing the panic, for future consideration.
    All this is true, however, BBRY have done NOTHING to refute the situation of the official status of the Playbook, so users have to believe whats being said.

Cmon Mr Chen, for a company focusing on software and enterprise this seems an own goal.
    AWB70 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-30-14 02:20 AM
    It is an ongoing problem. For a company that deals in communication they don't appear to do a lot with their customers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-14 03:02 AM
    Seems to be a bit of hysteria here. Updates to the Os, who knows. Bricking your playbook by not letting you update it to after an install. It's just not going to happen.
    What worries me more is that misinformation will be spreading like wild fire round the Internet that BlackBerry have switched off people's play books.

Posted via CB10

BlackBerry DESERVE a major reputation hit for this ****-up and the subsequent total lack of care in providing us updates on what they are doing to resolve it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-14 05:43 AM
    Some are spreading this on purpose, even in this thread. Just make a note of those causing the panic, for future consideration.

Listen to you, pompous *** with a fascist Simpson character for an avatar lol
    01-30-14 05:48 AM
    Who give a damn about comparing it to Android?! That is 2 million playbook being relied by governments, regular consumers, etc...Are you saying they should just dumb their playbooks and buy a new one?! Get out of here
    No I'm not but in reality its nothing. They will get no more updates, the server for the current OS has been down. When is it going to be back? Crickets
    01-30-14 07:08 AM
    No I'm not but in reality its nothing. They will get no more updates, the server for the current OS has been down. When is it going to be back? Crickets
    If BlackBerry doesn't want to support the PB update server anymore, they need to roll out one last update that removes the update check on system wipe. Give the autoloader to CrackBerry and call it a day.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Old_Mil and cesarpq like this.
    01-30-14 07:17 AM
    don't some of you people read? there was a link to a post on the bb forums saying wait till the 5th of Feb. How about we wait till then instead of assuming or spreading troll flames about it being dead.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    01-30-14 07:27 AM
    don't some of you people read? there was a link to a post on the bb forums saying wait till the 5th of Feb. How about we wait till then instead of assuming or spreading troll flames about it being dead.

Missed that post. Thanks.

I went to the Blackberry community forum website and read this post

error 65792 playbook 1 - Page 11 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

One said, a Blackberry technician will get the server back 3-7 days

Posted via CB10 now
    While other says it'll be fix in a day or two

3 to 7 days putting the worst case scenario at Feb 5th. Ouch. Long gone are the days of reboot and all is well, eh?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-14 07:34 AM
    Missed that post. Thanks.

3 to 7 days putting the worst case scenario at Feb 5th. Ouch. Long gone are the days of reboot and all is well, eh?

Posted via CB10
    basically. I'm glad my pb has been good since the last major update. I've never had to wipe it. As for all the people saying the device is eol, id like for them to post the link to where BBRY said this.........
    the PB may have been put in the back seat, but I doubt the support just gets cut off like that with no warning. Even Legacy users got word of support life.

Mecca EL likes this.
    01-30-14 07:37 AM
    basically. I'm glad my pb has been good since the last major update. I've never had to wipe it. As for all the people saying the device is eol, id like for them to post the link to where BBRY said this.........
    the PB may have been put in the back seat, but I doubt the support just gets cut off like that with no warning. Even Legacy users got word of support life.

I just don't think BlackBerry has many ppl working on it anymore. I don't think it's 100% dead, yet. This downed server would of course set ppl's mind off in crazy directions.

However, I am sort of shocked that CrackBerry hasn't made any posts on their main page about this yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 07:40 AM
    01-30-14 08:49 AM
    EOL in terms of Bell not restocking it any more.
    01-30-14 08:54 AM
    EOL in terms of Bell not restocking it any more.
    The thing is EOL. Are they still making them? No. Aren't they still selling them? If you can find one and they are fire sale price. Will they update it? No. Will you be able to use it? Yes. If/when they fix the server problems you can reinstall the current OS on it.

What even resembles a product that isn't EOL? My 9850 is EOL. The pb is 3 years old. No devices stays relevant for 3 years. How about you find a link stating it is not? With how BBRY is so great on communicating with the public good luck. You'll have as luck as I did trying to find something from BBRY themselves.
    01-30-14 09:06 AM
    I've been following this thread because a number of longtime posting PlayBook friends such as DoctorEvil have been adding their input. Attached is a good summary from last June of what RIM/BB has and has not said about the PlayBook. Blackberry PlayBook is as Good as Dead.

At that time, BB said they would continue support for the PB (but didn't define it), and they did release the.1753 update, which I believe was primarily due to an Android security issue. They never used the term "End of Life", but they also made it clear it wouldn't be updated to the BB10 OS. At least one executive (managing director for India) announced they will stop supporting OS 7 on the older generation phones at yearend 2015, with an exchange program for upgrades, and no future plans for tablets. I checked recently on the BB Beta Zone to see what the PlayBook developers/users were saying, but the PlayBook Program is gone, and the BB PlayBook moderator (John) is over at the BB10 Program. This recent Update Server issue is at least interesting, and I hope not disturbing. But given the large headcount reductions, it shouldn't be surprising that timely answers are hard to come by.

The PB still has many useful functions, including email, contacts, calendar, some web browsing (native or Origami), and music (and I'm sure many other things). But as discussed elsewhere, as services such as Netflix, HBO GO and other video services upgrade their Android apps or even web applications, without upgrades to the PB, even the workarounds are becoming more difficult. EOL suggests it's useless and no longer supported in any way, which is not the case. But increasingly less useful, at least for "consumer" applications, probably is. I'm one of the truly disappointed BB phone (now only serving as a WiFi music player) and PlayBook users who is unfortunately gravitating elsewhere. But I also continue to follow these posts, hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised by some enhancement update.
    01-30-14 09:33 AM
    EOL doesn't mean it's useless or dead. It means you'll get nothing mire than what you have.
    01-30-14 09:43 AM
    EOL doesn't mean it's useless or dead. It means you'll get nothing mire than what you have.
    An appropriate clarification. Thanks.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-14 09:55 AM
    I don't think all updates are done just yet. I'm thinking this server issue might raise the need for an update. Or, the server issue may have been a direct result of an attempted roll out of an update.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:14 AM
    Mine is updating now

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:30 AM
    I don't think all updates are done just yet. I'm thinking this server issue might raise the need for an update. Or, the server issue may have been a direct result of an attempted roll out of an update.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be totally shocked if there is any update and if its any more than patching holes.
    01-30-14 10:47 AM
    Mine finally updated fine. It's off the error code, but no "new" updates beyond the 1753.

Least it's working again and those that need to can get their PB running.
    01-30-14 10:53 AM
    01-30-14 11:07 AM
    I'm going to check right now

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:25 AM
    The software update server is working fine again. I thought for a moment that they pulled the plug on the servers.
    01-30-14 01:00 PM
    Listen to you, pompous *** with a fascist Simpson character for an avatar lol
    It's Rainier Wolfcastle, the character they created to make fun of Arnold Schwarzenegger and his inability to act or pronounce words correctly. He makes me giggle, along with Duffman OH YEAH.
    01-30-14 02:43 PM
    so who here recommends that i purchase a playbook? Or wait til the update arrives?

loosing faith........
    02-01-14 04:06 PM
122 12345