Foul implied

From my Z30 via CB10
    01-28-14 09:30 PM
    I don't understand why...
    Attachment 242890

Posted via CB10
    They turned off the playbook servers... Not more updates.
    01-28-14 09:32 PM
    I'm getting this error too, hope it's just downtime.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:37 PM
    I'm getting this error too, hope it's just downtime.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, they pulled the plug... PlayBook servers are dead... End of life support.
    01-28-14 09:42 PM
    Nope, they pulled the plug... PlayBook servers are dead... End of life support.
    No way. Will be back as soon as they unfreeze their berries.
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-28-14 10:27 PM
    What are PB users trying to do here, download the 2.1 OS on new or used PlayBooks that had been wiped before they bought them? Then getting the
    error message above indicating the server is down?
    01-28-14 10:58 PM
    I just bought a LTE version. Cant even connect to the server! WTF. Imma use the leak OS and hopefully that works
    01-28-14 11:56 PM
    The design of the playbooks software requires it to check in with the BB servers when it is first put into use or if it is security wiped. The inability to do this has rendered all newly bought or security wiped playbooks inoperable.

So 1. If you have one go on happily using it but don't security wipe it under any circumstance. 2. Don't buy one as you will essentially be getting an expensive brick.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    01-29-14 08:49 AM
    The PlayBook is dead and their will be no more updates.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    01-29-14 11:03 AM
    The PlayBook is dead and their will be no more updates.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    It is not that simple. There are lots of corporations and government entities using PlayBooks and without the update servers, their PlayBooks would be useless too. It is probably just a technical error related to the new OS rollout on the phones. Once they fix this, we will be able to activate and update our PlayBooks.
    01-29-14 11:15 AM
    I just bought a LTE version. Cant even connect to the server! WTF. Imma use the leak OS and hopefully that works
    Let us know how that works out. I cannot remember if it is PlayBook or OS10 phone related, but newer OS now allow you to skip the update servers and proceed with setup.
    01-29-14 11:17 AM
    Also are you behind mock-it?

I noticed your signature states that you are a member of OSBB.
    If you are, nice work on the app!
    I wish!! A good friend of mine is. He's a great developer and a good person. I hope everyone supports his app, once it's done in Beta. It's my most used app, especially since you can use your own images.

Also, thanks for the info about the tweet. I'm not on twitter much, so I miss out on reports.
    bbmtna likes this.
    01-29-14 11:27 AM
    There aren't that many Playbooks out there. Can't take that many servers to keep alive.

Posted via CB10
    illlya likes this.
    01-29-14 12:33 PM
    There aren't that many Playbooks out there. Can't take that many servers to keep alive.

Posted via CB10
    Are you joking? There are over two million
    01-29-14 12:46 PM
    I also just bought a new, unused, still in the box Playbook. Just received it yesterday and get the same error. I was planning to use the bridge feature with my 9930. I'm debating whether to send it back.
    There is no excuse for taking so long to get an updates/activation server back into production, especially one that serves the end customer.
    01-29-14 12:49 PM
    Before we all get dizzy running around in circles, BlackBerry has NOT ended support of Playbook OS 2.x; at least according to BlackBerry's software support lifecycle dates. Support for PlayBook OS 1.X ended in Dec, but there is no mention of and end of support yet for OS 2.X
    Software Support Life Cycle - US
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-29-14 01:04 PM
    Are you joking? There are over two million
    Are you joking? That is nothing when millions and a lot more than 2 million androids are activated daily. 2 million playbooks after 3 years isn't even a blip on the radar.
    01-29-14 01:15 PM
    Before we all get dizzy running around in circles, BlackBerry has NOT ended support of Playbook OS 2.x; at least according to BlackBerry's software support lifecycle dates. Support for PlayBook OS 1.X ended in Dec, but there is no mention of and end of support yet for OS 2.X
    Software Support Life Cycle - US
    Support for what you have. Yes. Updates, I'd bet the farm there will be no more.
    01-29-14 01:17 PM
    Let us know how that works out. I cannot remember if it is PlayBook or OS10 phone related, but newer OS now allow you to skip the update servers and proceed with setup.
    The leak OS did NOT help. Still went to the software update section and still couldnt connect to the server. Are they telling me, this brand new LTE version i just bought wont work now? Bullsh*tting me
    01-29-14 01:49 PM
    Are you joking? That is nothing when millions and a lot more than 2 million androids are activated daily. 2 million playbooks after 3 years isn't even a blip on the radar.
    Who give a damn about comparing it to Android?! That is 2 million playbook being relied by governments, regular consumers, etc...Are you saying they should just dumb their playbooks and buy a new one?! Get out of here
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-29-14 01:50 PM
    I went to the Blackberry community forum website and read this post

error 65792 playbook 1 - Page 11 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

One said, a Blackberry technician will get the server back 3-7 days from now
    While other says it'll be fix in a day or two
    Mecca EL and raw_dog like this.
    01-29-14 01:58 PM
    If you just got yours and it is eligible for a refund I would have to consider sending it back. With no official statement from the manufacturer and conflicting tech support responses on another thread you don't want to be in a situation two weeks from now where you own a brick. I got mine in November, so I have had it long enough to get hooked, love the device, and be annoyed at what may become of it. I was considering ordering a couple more last week and just ordered a z10 last week. Glad I didn't get the backup playbooks.
    01-29-14 02:33 PM
    Seems to be a bit of hysteria here. Updates to the Os, who knows. Bricking your playbook by not letting you update it to after an install. It's just not going to happen.
    What worries me more is that misinformation will be spreading like wild fire round the Internet that BlackBerry have switched off people's play books.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:54 PM
    Seems to be a bit of hysteria here. Updates to the Os, who knows. Bricking your playbook by not letting you update it to after an install. It's just not going to happen.
    What worries me more is that misinformation will be spreading like wild fire round the Internet that BlackBerry have switched off people's play books.

Posted via CB10
    Some are spreading this on purpose, even in this thread. Just make a note of those causing the panic, for future consideration.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-29-14 03:46 PM
    Make your dissatisfaction known on all your issues to the CEO/CFO

Then and only then does any company staff get their as$ off their finger....

[email protected]Chief Finance Officer, the one who's vested interest it is to keep our cash coming in the door.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-30-14 01:02 AM
122 1234 ...