It has been quite a while I must say since I last received an OS update for my Playbook. Isn't it now about time for a new one? Is someone asleep at the wheels of the Blackberry establishment in Canada?
    anon(5597702) and Tim1131 like this.
    01-27-14 01:54 PM
    Before anyone jumps on you, I'll be the one to break it to you. The Playbook has reached 'end of life' status.
    I like to gamble and I wouldn't even put money on any type of update coming from Blackberry for this device.
    kbz1960, Tim1131, jkomo001 and 3 others like this.
    01-27-14 01:57 PM
    Updates generally happen on Tuesdays, so keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow. Maybe there's a reason that their update servers are currently down. Then again, maybe not.
    01-27-14 02:03 PM
    I'd love to see one someday - but I'm not expecting to see another one.
    01-27-14 04:07 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath about that. We can always hope. Isn't there a new update coming for bb10 phones. Maybe that's why it's down

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:58 PM
    Before anyone jumps on you, I'll be the one to break it to you. The Playbook has reached 'end of life' status.
    I like to gamble and I wouldn't even put money on any type of update coming from Blackberry for this device.
    Where was it published that the PB has reached EOL? Or are you repeating quotes from unreliable sources? There was never an announcement that the PlayBook has expired, nor should you tell anyone that there will be no more updates. Statements like this will have community members jumping you, for false statements. Just say you either don't know, or don't respond. If I was a gambler, I'd take your money.

SImilar statements were made until we leaked 2.1.0.1753
    01-27-14 06:11 PM
    Where was it published that the PB has reached EOL? Or are you repeating quotes from unreliable sources? There was never an announcement that the PlayBook has expired, nor should you tell anyone that there will be no more updates. Statements like this will have community members jumping you, for false statements. Just say you either don't know, or don't respond. If I was a gambler, I'd take your money.

SImilar statements were made until we leaked 2.1.0.1753
    I never did download the last leak as not sure if it is worth the 400mb by 16GB tab has to give up.
    01-27-14 06:55 PM
    I never did download the last leak as not sure if it is worth the 400mb by 16GB tab has to give up.
    It's ota. You should have it available
    01-27-14 07:09 PM
    Hey Mecca,

Thank you for pointing out that I had jumped the gun on this one.
    I was simply basing my statement on this tweet which I and many people take (for what it's worth) as validity. https://twitter.com/VictorShikhman/s...2232686594?p=v
    I agree that the only press release issued on the playbook recently only mentioned that bb10 will not be pushed to the playbook.
    I will also agree that I wasn't expecting the last update that you mentioned, heck I welcomed it however as much as I hate to say it, I think that the device is done.
    That's not to say a user can't find a use for it,heck I'm typing on it now, and it accompanies me daily for use with spreadsheets and so forth, but to get an update that further enhances the users experience shouldn't be expected.
    If the day comes and an update is issued even if it's a security update, I'll be sure to plug in all three of my devices,download and eat crow.
    All of the best!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-27-14 07:39 PM
    Also are you behind mock-it?

I noticed your signature states that you are a member of OSBB.
    If you are, nice work on the app!
    vangelas likes this.
    01-27-14 07:40 PM
    Blackberry has laid off so many people, are there any left on the Playbook team?
    How many vendors continue to provide updates for a product this old?
    The chances of getting another update are vanishingly small. Blackberry is fighting for its survivial. I doubt any resources would be spent on a product that is already EOL.
    01-28-14 07:11 AM
    What you guys are forgetting is that there is a new management team at Blackberry, acutely aware of how important the Playbook is for the present and the future of the Company. Why allow the best tablet ever made to fade into oblivion?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-28-14 07:27 AM
    It's more likely BBRY turned off PlayBook updates on their servers to save money. They lost money on the PB and they don't give a sh1t about PB users.
    01-28-14 08:09 AM
    What you guys are forgetting is that there is a new management team at Blackberry, acutely aware of how important the Playbook is for the present and the future of the Company. Why allow the best tablet ever made to fade into oblivion?
    Say what?

Yes new management.........playbook was old management problem. Why would they go near it with ten foot pole.

They are acutely aware that the playbook has no future at RIMberry.

How would they know whether the playbook is good or bad. Unlikely Chen has ever seen one unless he was in a pawn shop.

Rimberry is praying that the broken usb ports, camera failures, display failures and battery fatalities put a quick and sudden end to any further mention of Playbook.
    01-28-14 08:43 AM
    See the post by AaronEqL, who apparently spoke to RIM about the outage.

error 65792 playbook 1 - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    01-28-14 10:19 AM
    They just don't give a f---.
    01-28-14 10:24 AM
    Because they lost a boat load of money on it, and they have already told everyone that development for it was at an end. At this point I bet attrition has remove 20% of devices that were built from the market...

As for the future of the company.... they aren't even sure they are going to make phone hardware, why would they support existing tablets or make new ones?
    01-28-14 11:49 AM
    If you don't want to take my word for it, just go to Amazon and read the users' reviews for the Playbook and you will figure out that Blackberry is sitting on top of a gold mine, but for some crazy reason the Company is no longer mining the gold, much to the stockholders' chagrin.
    Carterbits likes this.
    01-28-14 12:02 PM
    Need.....browser.....update.......endtransmission.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Mecca EL, bigbikeguy and Creaulx like this.
    01-28-14 12:13 PM
    Need.....browser.....update.......endtransmission.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    I'd prefer an update to Android runtime. Think this would be easy but I don't pretend to know.
    Mecca EL and anon(5597702) like this.
    01-28-14 01:58 PM
    I'd prefer an update to Android runtime. Think this would be easy but I don't pretend to know.
    Both please! Browser and Android runtime updates
    Creaulx and Mecca EL like this.
    01-28-14 02:17 PM
    At this point, I would be quite happy with the servers coming back up so that people who need to security wipe their playbooks don't end up with a bricked tablet and we can go on using them as they are.
    01-28-14 06:51 PM
    One can always maintain an optimistic view. Perhaps the error message on the playbook software updates is telling us another one is in the horizon?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-28-14 06:54 PM
    Phew, I thought something was wrong with my PlayBook cause the updates isn't connecting on mine either. Glad I'm not the only one

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:04 PM
    I don't understand why...
    Playbook Software Update-img_00000045.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:06 PM
122 123 ...