04-08-13 10:27 AM
33 12
tools
    Hi everyone.

I want to start a new project and a new software for beloved playbook. do u need any software? or any idea?

cheers
    02-11-12 07:48 PM
    what kind of project and software do you want to start? maybe some more info if possible?
    02-11-12 07:55 PM
    'Software' on a tablet is an 'app'.
    If you have a PB then go to BlackBerry appWorld and make your selection(s).
    02-11-12 07:59 PM
    Hi everyone.

I want to start a new project and a new software for beloved playbook. do u need any software? or any idea?

cheers
    Oh man! Do you know what your asking?! You better sharpen your pencil and get a carton of notepads.
    sixthelement likes this.
    02-11-12 08:04 PM
    anything but 3D games , because of graphics. i prefer utilities. so let's think what we miss on our playbooks.
    02-11-12 08:05 PM
    'Software' on a tablet is an 'app'.
    If you have a PB then go to BlackBerry appWorld and make your selection(s).
    I took it he wanted to develop some apps for the PB and was asking for suggestions.
    02-11-12 08:06 PM
    Oh man! Do you know what your asking?! You better sharpen your pencil and get a carton of notepads.

hHahaha, It's a good idea you gave me an Idea, thanks mate.
    02-11-12 08:08 PM
    game or other?
    02-11-12 08:09 PM
    how about an app that can record all stats for a hockey team? Something along the lines of a database that can be posted the the web?
    sixthelement likes this.
    02-11-12 10:37 PM
    Nondescript post is very nondescript.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-11-12 10:40 PM
    A good note taking app that will change a handwritten note, (like cursive of print), on the screen to text format is something I've wanted for a while and not found yet on PB. Is there 1 already I'm not aware of?
    sixthelement and artie like this.
    02-11-12 10:53 PM
    Multi-track audio recording?
    Video editing?
    SIP VOIP client?
    PDF reader/editor?
    Face/voice recognition unlock?
    Tvistedhead likes this.
    02-12-12 12:06 AM
    slide lock
    02-12-12 12:11 AM
    how about an app that can record all stats for a hockey team? Something along the lines of a database that can be posted the the web?
    could you please give me some more details about your idea?
    frisco49ers likes this.
    02-12-12 02:35 AM
    A good note taking app that will change a handwritten note, (like cursive of print), on the screen to text format is something I've wanted for a while and not found yet on PB. Is there 1 already I'm not aware of?
    seams great! do you know any software which is doing the same? I'm also interested about it.
    artie likes this.
    02-12-12 02:38 AM
    slide lock
    good idea!, it should be a slide lock and unlock , but it must be get connected to the main password of pb and also it must disable edge gesture.
    02-12-12 02:43 AM
    Hi there how about:-

memory management tool.
    omap overclocker
    video editing
    simple clock on the screen in the top corner
    improve copy and paste for fat fingers

other than that im still loving my pb 64g
    02-12-12 04:30 AM
    Hockey Stat Tracker

You start by being able to create an account, by year and team. You enter the team info, ie, player name, number, and position. Once you set up team, when you start program it will give you a list of accounts to enter info to. Select the team. It will then take you to a page that you can enter the game info to. This would have game #, Date and time, home team, visiting team. Final score. then the game stats, enterr players that played. Enter all goals and assists, and penalty minutes. If possible be able to record the goalie stats by entering the goalie that played.
    I have it all in my head but i am no good at writing code or it would have been done already.
    02-12-12 06:49 AM
    seams great! do you know any software which is doing the same? I'm also interested about it.
    I don't know of any software on the PlayBook that does this, but I think it's on other platforms although I've never owned an iPad for example to see for myself. I'm not a software designer though so I don't have much faith in doing it myself or I would have created an app a while back when they were offering free PlayBooks for apps before launch. But there are several ways I've thought the layout would work. A full screen to write on would appear the simplest format. I also considered a split screen type of interface might be cool where one side you write and the other it dictates what you have written so you can catch mistakes on the go. As Playbook's OS progresses over time, I would like to see pop up boxes in place of the keyboard as an option so you can write in them throughout the system in areas where it might be productive to write instead of type. But that's way off so a simple "writing on screen note taking app" sounds like a great start to me.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 02-12-12 at 09:23 AM.
    02-12-12 09:15 AM
    Funny, I had the same thought yesterday !!! I think the playbook would be a great tool for this.
    My kids haven't played for a few yrs now, but used to help with some coaching when they did, and the playbook could be a great help.

First, and most simple.... use it a a chalkboard. You could have a fe templates on screen. then draw some plays on it. Templates: full ice, half ice, net area.

2nd, Yes a full team database. track goal, assists penelty min. and time on ice.
    (most house leagues require coaches to track ice time to ensure all kids get fairly equal time on the ice)

3rd maybe keep the team schedule, for games, practices, events... maybe maps to different arena's if it a travelling team.

Also there is already a site that most leagues around here use. It has team and player stats, team and league schedules, and game results. The site is goalline.ca

I believe the league pays to use the site, and it seems to be very popular in canada and the US. Maybe it would be better to interface with this site rather than creating your own.

Just a few ideas of the top of my head, like i said I was thinking about this just yesterday lol.... but any questions feel free to PM me. I really think this would be a great tool for coaches.
    02-12-12 09:53 AM
    for your first suggestion there is an app called play creator which i have tried already, it is a basic program but works great.
    to get the database to connect to a web base database would be ideal. To further it make it able to populate from a smart phone as well???
    Maybe tie it in to google calendar for scheduling, then you could share team calendar with the parents and they will alway have an updated schedule, save on paper!!
    02-12-12 10:00 AM

First, and most simple.... use it a a chalkboard. You could have a fe templates on screen. then draw some plays on it. Templates: full ice, half ice, net area.
    so you want playbook for the playbook
    02-12-12 10:17 AM
    so you want playbook for the playbook
    it is called playcreator, get it for $0.99 in app world
    02-12-12 10:25 AM
    Hi everyone.

cheers
    Perhaps you should focus on your writing skills before delving into application development. Communication skills are essential even for the lone coder living in mommy's basement.

Now on to answering your questions. BlackBerry Developer Zone and the Inside BlackBerry Developer's Blog should be the first places you visit. All software needed for development is freely available from Blackberry.
    02-12-12 10:26 AM
    Yes.... a playbook on the playbook Just had a look at play creator, yes that is pretty close to what I was thinking (although I did't buy it, just judging from desc.)
    Also found this app. Free Play Book 4 BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Play Book 4 BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

but it looks like this only works with wifi from the comments ? Not sure how many arenas would have wifi.

Here's a link to the league my kids used to play in. Chedoke powered by GOALLINE.ca

As you can see the whole site is powered by the goalline software. It looks like it's pretty slick, has all the info in the database already, personally I think you would just want some sort of a client app on the playbook that could update this database, as well as add some other features such as chalkboard... maybe some practice drills etc.
    02-12-12 10:30 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD