Man I am really upset about how blackberry executed this... I mean it's been stated over and over, however the tablet itself is better than anything else I've used..... This tablet has saved the day over and over..... Currently I sit in a rental condo property in Gulf Shores, Alabama... This building is built to withstand hurricanes which means heavily fortified walls and floors I.e totally concrete.. Needless to say outside on the balcony is the only place I get service.... And since the sun went down its been chily.... Much to cold to sit outside with a charger hooked up trying to move the phone perfectly to pick up a signal to send a message... Or surf the net. Or anything.... HELLO PLAYBOOK !!!! I whip my playbook out, turn on bridge. Play my phone perfectly to get optimal signal and here I am texting away, emailing away , and surfing the net.... Moving all around while my phone charges and powers up.... Gosh how could blackberry fumble this soo bad... It's frustrating because I understand why they stopped supporting it but just imagine if it had bb10, if it could get thefull android support as the phones? I just hope they realize they have the features no one else has they just need to market it. Maybe one day they try again.... The mods will probably close this, but I had to vent my frustrations and crackberry is the only place people will understand
    AWB70 and FF22 like this.
    05-17-14 05:59 PM
    Agree with the points but, but at this time, it's a bit of a beaten dead horse, no?
    05-17-14 06:29 PM
    Your post needs a new title. Should be " PB is awesomely great for a Three year old eol tablet"
    Banco and mh1983 like this.
    05-17-14 06:31 PM
    Agree with the points but, but at this time, it's a bit of a beaten dead horse, no?
    Yea it is… i stated that it was.. but i haven't used my playbook in a long time and today after using it the way i have to use it for the next three days, I'm reminded of the awesome ideas put into this thing… and how its just gone to waste
    Chrysalis1156 and KemKev like this.
    05-17-14 08:25 PM
    Yea it is… i stated that it was.. but i haven't used my playbook in a long time and today after using it the way i have to use it for the next three days, I'm reminded of the awesome ideas put into this thing… and how its just gone to waste
    Agree. They've paid the price for it too ... look at how much money it lost, the delays it caused to BlackBerry 10 itself, the damage to its reputation.

I liked the ideas behind it too, but there was just no way they could salvage it.
    05-17-14 08:41 PM
    That horse has been beaten so much and so often that there is now a depression in the ground big enough to bury all the Playbooks (and possibly Blackberry). Great hardware/OS, weak app market and clueless company.

All is not a total loss, even a complete failure can be used as a bad example.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    05-20-14 07:31 AM
    It's funny though, having just acquired a Z30 for the first time I can see how incomplete the Playbook was. And also how it was a staging post to BB10.
    46Nico40 likes this.
    05-20-14 08:23 AM
    I can't really think of that much that would convince me to buy another tablet right now. All I want is guarantees that security issues will be patched and a newer runtime. Other than that alls good.

I'm in the same boat as you charging wise. I'm on site all day and in hotels at night. I use the playbook while the Z10 is charging in the evening otherwise id never have the cable out the Z. Most people get miffed at what could have and should have. So little woukd make a big difference but Blackberry just treat it like the elephant in the room.
    05-20-14 05:02 PM
    It still works well enough. I still use mine a lot, and I still like it. With a BB10 phone I'm less bothered by the runtime issues than I was and maybe that's the point. Yes, it was a missed opportunity but it's the years old now.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:16 PM
    I still use my PlayBook lots.. it even mounts in my car as a music player. My PlayBook mounts my car lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:04 PM
    Title is misleading...

From my lovely Z30
    05-20-14 06:24 PM
    For me, the Playbook is an essential utility for email, banking, weather, surfing, using the excellent cameras, I continue to enjoy it more all the time. I am not an "new app every five minutes!!" person, I don't Facebook, Twitter or any other privacy invasion nonsense. As long as it continues to work this way, I am quite content.
    05-20-14 09:41 PM
    If blackberry will care about the playbook long life they could unlock the boot loader and let the developer community make an installable version of Android for the Playbook. Imagine the possibilities...
    rdm101 and AWB70 like this.
    05-21-14 04:11 AM
    If blackberry will care about the playbook long life they could unlock the boot loader and let the developer community make an installable version of Android for the Playbook. Imagine the possibilities...
    That should be if blackberry care about their customers. It's pretty obvious they don't care about the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    rdm101 likes this.
    05-21-14 07:28 AM
    Not going to happen - PlayBook was sold as a secure device and there were some sold to Police Forces and other government agencies (boy did those IT guys mess up - bet that burned them from using BB). Anyway "opening" the boot loader would be a major security issue.
    kbz1960 and jpash549 like this.
    05-21-14 07:32 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=922676
    Check my last post on there.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 10:00 AM
    How many times are jackballs going to come on this site and talk about Blackberry unlocking the boot loader?

IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Go get a Tinker toys tablet or a Lego tablet if you have an insatiable need to **** around reconfiguring/remaking a tablet.
    kbz1960 and 46Nico40 like this.
    05-21-14 10:10 AM
    UNTIL BLACKBERRY SAY WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Unless their final official word on it is screw you we had you over and we're offering no options or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    05-21-14 01:00 PM
    Apples get jail broken. Androids generally come that way. All Blackberry has to save it is that it doesn't get jail broken. I for one hope it stays that way. And what do you expect to get out of a three year old tablet by jail breaking it? Turn it into an Android machine? If so get you an up to date Droid.
    05-21-14 01:58 PM
    How about imagining buying yourself an android tablet?

It's a pretty simple solution if you want to run android.

I'm pretty happy with the PlayBook as it is.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:31 PM
    It's now glue.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:33 PM
    That horse has been beaten so much and so often that there is now a depression in the ground big enough to bury all the Playbooks (and possibly Blackberry). Great hardware/OS, weak app market and clueless company.

All is not a total loss, even a complete failure can be used as a bad example.
    Much can be learned by the company and others as well. Sometimes learning how NOT to do something is just as important as learning how to do it right.
    05-21-14 02:43 PM
    Yeah, but it is like the girl/guy that got away but one can't seem to help thinking about her/him when one remembers how good things could have been.
    05-21-14 02:46 PM
    Massive potential unrealised.
    05-22-14 06:17 PM
    I use my PlayBook and I enjoy it. My playbook also mounts in my car and it plays music thru my car speakers via Bluetooth. I play videos on any TV via HDMI. Pretty awesome device if you ask me. I'm not really an app for this and that person.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:52 PM