Well since there is no app for Skydrive I jump into the browser. Let me say that it is nearly impossible to scroll through your files without accidently moving files into other files. Any suggestions other than using a different cloud based doc storage?

I am still trying to find the productive part of a BlackBerry. If you have advise on how to help me with my BB9900 calendar/task/email issues please stop by:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-email-743455/
    09-04-12 10:42 PM
    Android skydrive app works like a charm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 10:47 PM
    That is like installing Windows on a Mac to make it work.
    09-04-12 11:07 PM
    Plenty of people run Windows on Macs in order to be able to run programs not available for Mac. VMware Fusion: Run Windows on Mac, Virtualization for Mac Lion Similarly, many here run android apps on our PBs if native apps aren't available. So, what's your point?
    09-04-12 11:36 PM
    I don't see how...the os has an Android player, so why not use it? I use it and as I said it works great.
    Graheem and garlee like this.
    09-04-12 11:55 PM
    Files and Folders is working on Skydrive support, but it's not in the current version.
    Rad_Book and Innovatology like this.
    09-05-12 12:21 AM
    SkyDrive will be supported in the upcoming release of Files & Folders. Stay tuned!
    luigigosc and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-05-12 05:24 AM

Actually, all you have to do is grab the SkyDrive .apk file and go to apk2bar.unker.net and upload it and it makes it a bar file easily. I did that. There is no document editing in the app because the app doesnt recognize RIM's Docs to Go application. but you can upload documents excel worksheets and powerpoint presentations as well as pdfs videos music and photos.
    09-05-12 06:14 AM
    It sucks.... Download option wouldn't work. Had to open an Web excel file but with limited features and d/l from File menu... Went back to e-mailing the file to get it on my Playbook. Not happy! Use sky drive daily.
    09-05-12 01:04 PM
    Let me say that it is nearly impossible to scroll through your files without accidently moving files into other files.
    I have faced a similar issue with my folders when trying to browse and share a link by using the Google Drive webpage. I have the Files & Folders app but it doesn't offer any link sharing. Or maybe I'm missing something.
    09-05-12 01:24 PM
    It sucks.... Download option wouldn't work. Had to open an Web excel file but with limited features and d/l from File menu... Went back to e-mailing the file to get it on my Playbook. Not happy! Use sky drive daily.
    Downloading files from within the app works fine for me. Plus, FWIW, to open files within the app you need to have an android app installed on your PB that can open the file. The biggest drawback is the limited ability to upload files , since the app only sees photos and videos, and not all of them. But, if you have the app installed, you can then upload any files on your PB from Ghost Commander through the Skydrive app. So, all in all, it's not too bad.
    09-05-12 04:22 PM
    I use SkyDrive in my PlayBook browser all the time and it works almost seamlessly even after Microsoft updated the SkyDrive website. All the options work just fine for me, I can upload and download just as I would on a computer. Use the scroll bar on the side to scroll through your files and folders to avoid rearranging anything by accident. And maybe try deleting your cache and history if it's a bit slow.
    Last edited by StonerVibes; 09-05-12 at 06:46 PM.
    09-05-12 06:44 PM
    Only use the browser since most of the apps are limited function(i use for msoffice files). Will try clearing the cache tomorrow to see if that helps. I need the apps to work the same way the pc do... Automatic syncing.
    09-06-12 03:00 AM
    SkyDrive will be supported in the upcoming release of Files & Folders. Stay tuned!

You've been saying this for several months now. Is there a projected due date?
    09-13-12 10:55 AM
    Well since there is no app for Skydrive I jump into the browser. Let me say that it is nearly impossible to scroll through your files without accidently moving files into other files. Any suggestions other than using a different cloud based doc storage?

I am still trying to find the productive part of a BlackBerry. If you have advise on how to help me with my BB9900 calendar/task/email issues please stop by:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-email-743455/
    Since you went to Office365, why not just store your files there?
    09-13-12 12:17 PM
    Why not just use playcloud as it has skydrive support and works great, plus its a native app, not free but well worth it.
    09-13-12 01:03 PM
    use
    cloudexplorer for skydrive 1.99
    play cloud 0.99
    09-13-12 01:04 PM
    And they have stopped answering emails as well.
    09-13-12 01:04 PM
    And they have stopped answering emails as well.
    I guess the squeaky wheels do get the grease. v5.0 just released.
    09-17-12 04:54 PM
    seems a bit faster but could be just me.
    09-17-12 05:55 PM
    Files and Folders V5.0 upgrade available WITH Skydrive. Just upgraded today!
    09-17-12 06:02 PM
    So I upload a word doc from my laptop to skydrive, is there any way for me to open that on my playbook, edit it and then sync/upload it again?
    10-25-12 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD