View Poll Results: PlayBook Screen lowest setting is too Bright ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Too Bright. I want lower setting.

15 22.06%
  • It's OK. Keep it.

49 72.06%
  • No, I want Brighter.

1 1.47%
  • Other, Please post what you think...

3 4.41%
    :::

Anyone feel the same as me, the PlayBook Screen is too Bright
    at Lowest when not at Auto Dimming Mode ..?
    Anyway to have it lower than current lowest...?

Last edited by Talon88; 02-24-12 at 06:07 PM.
    gpktom likes this.
    02-24-12 07:09 AM
    Excellent idea. I agree. I'd like to be able switch to a lower scale of brightness (but keep the high brightness for outdoors). And this should also extend the battery life.
    Talon88 and gpktom like this.
    02-24-12 07:11 AM
    Set automatic backlight dimming to on if you haven't already.
    That will drop it down considerably, especially in a dark room.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 02-24-12 at 07:32 AM.
    02-24-12 07:30 AM
    Adjust your brightness settings.
    02-24-12 07:32 AM
    Adjust your brightness settings.
    Or put on cool sunglasses

The screen brightness does help me fall asleep though. I put on a TV stream and the brightness will just will my eyes shut. I wish there were some sort of sleep function timer on the Playbook. App idea perhaps?
    02-24-12 07:50 AM
    When I'm reading in a completely dark room, on the lowest setting and with auto-dim set, I find it's still too bright at first.

My eyes adjust quickly and I forget about it, but I'd be fine with a lower setting if it lowered the battery drain, which it would (since the screen is the single biggest drain on battery in this device).

Not a big deal though, since I never do this for long... I don't think it's very good for the eyes!
    02-24-12 08:13 AM
    Reading in a completely dark room is bad for your eyes. You should always have some background lighting on. This will adjust your eyes to let less light in, making the PB seem dimmer.
    02-24-12 09:10 AM
    I think it's perfect just like it is with all the different settings
    02-24-12 09:21 AM
    One thing I would like to change is the auto gain of the brightness when alight shines near it. It then gets super bright even if I do not want it.
    Also have two different models and one screen is yellower than the other. I would love a way to adjust color temperature settings
    02-24-12 10:20 AM
    It's a very simple matter to alter the brightness of the screen. Usually I have the brightness at zero ... but while watching videos or looking at pictures, I'll increase the brightness to whatever is appropriate.

Easy.
    02-24-12 11:08 AM
    OP I agree 100% I don't understand why this inst a bigger issue for more people. What makes it worse is that it would be so easy to implement a "fix". In the meantime, anyone know of an app we can use to reduce the brightness? It looks ridiculous, but right now I use a post-it to block the sensor and trick it into staying at the lowest setting.
    02-24-12 05:50 PM

Maybe I should be more Specific, I mean Too Bright at
    Lowest Setting when not in Auto Dimming Mode....

Last edited by Talon88; 02-24-12 at 06:08 PM.
    02-24-12 06:04 PM

Maybe I should be more Specific, I mean Too Bright at
    Lowest Setting when not in Auto Dimming Mode....

Umm so just use auto dimming mode. Makes it plenty dark.
    02-24-12 07:32 PM
    I don't find it too bright, it's good enough for me aah. Adjusting the brightness will do.
    02-24-12 07:35 PM

Haha, I am doing the same things. So I can
    Have lower brightness.

OP I agree 100% I don't understand why this inst a bigger issue for more people. What makes it worse is that it would be so easy to implement a "fix". In the meantime, anyone know of an app we can use to reduce the brightness? It looks ridiculous, but right now I use a post-it to block the sensor and trick it into staying at the lowest setting.
    02-24-12 07:42 PM
    I find it too bright also...but you can adjust by clicking the battery icon and there is a low to high scale.
    02-24-12 07:46 PM
    Sometimes I would like it darker, like when I'm in my car in the dark. Even at the lowest settings, it's more than needed. I've thought about cutting a small piece of window tint that I could slap on as needed.

EDIT: Are people really having that much trouble comprehending the concept that we are aware of the settings options, but they do not provide enough of a range??? I just keep thinking of this:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY[/YT]
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-24-12 at 07:53 PM.
    02-24-12 07:49 PM
    The first time I turned mine on my shirt burst into flames. WOW!
    gpktom likes this.
    02-24-12 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD