How can you unstick (get out of) the PlayBook's WiFi configuration screen. If you don't configure a WiFi network, it seems to stick on that screen and you have no way out. Help!
    08-11-11 08:50 PM
    Press On of button for 10 seconds, it will restart your PB
    08-11-11 08:52 PM
    Sorry, doesn't work. A reset boots back to the same WiFi configuration screen. I can only manually enter a WiFi config or have it automatically try to find a network. If it can't find one, it just gets stuck in this mode.

I've actually seen several demo BlackBerrys in stores (Walmart and others) and no one knows how to get out of this mode.
    08-12-11 04:22 PM
    Hello, I'm having the same problem with my Playbook. Did you find the solution for this wifi stuck problem? If so please let me know how, I don't know what to do. Thanks a lot.
    10-23-11 10:51 AM
    If you have backed up your device recently, you can also try resetting your PlayBook instead of just restarting your PlayBook by holding down both volume keys and the power button all at the same time to reset the device. You can then restore your previous back up.

If not, you can always debrick your PlayBook back to the factory settings and start from there. I saw a nice short description here in this thread to follow.
    FROZEN "blackberry playbook" - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

1) Turn your playbook off by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update
    7) Your computer will now download the much needed "debrick" file as talked about in earlier posts.

Hope this helps...
    10-23-11 01:10 PM
    destrop software doesnot show update icon
    07-09-15 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD