i notice something that my blackberry playbook have scattered light on the upper left corner. strange but i bbm my wife if her playbook also have the same scattered light on the upper left corner, to my surprise she said yes. i wonder if all you guys who bouth blackberery playbook have the same.. thanks
    02-04-12 12:47 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    It's normal... read up on all the good stuff below..

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in the Blackberry Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-04-12 12:50 AM
    Is it a red scattered light?
    02-04-12 12:56 AM
    @jafobabe. thanks for that immediate reply.. uhmm its normal.. i mean the light on upper left corner :-) well i love my playbook :-) thanks again..

waiting for os2
    02-04-12 12:56 AM
    in my playbook its white but in my wife pb its red
    02-04-12 01:12 AM
    Since the browser and apps window sit on top of the top menu/notification bar whenever you get a new notification the scattered light effect or the appearance that the window is offset a bit is there. I bet you and your wife have different wallpapers so that is why the color appears different. Pretty cool feature and not really talked about much.
    02-04-12 02:11 AM
    By scattered light do you mean the red notification light? This occurs in white as well????? Whaaaaaat?
    02-04-12 06:15 AM
    I have a red scattered light...never had one in white.

The red indicates you have messages when bridged to your Blackberry phone.
    02-04-12 07:50 AM
    The red indicates you have messages when bridged to your Blackberry phone.
    Just for OP's clarification, the red is for any notification. I'm not bridged and get them for app updates from AppWorld, for example.
    02-04-12 08:01 AM
    The white light is probably light bleeding. Can you post a pic?
    02-04-12 08:22 AM
    Here is a picture of the red notification. I have some light bleed but it's difficult to get a picture. You can only see it when its dark making it hard to take a picture.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 02-04-12 at 08:44 AM.
    02-04-12 08:37 AM
    Here is a picture of the red notification. I have some light bleed but it's difficult to get a picture. You can only see it when its dark making it hard to take a picture.
    Good pictures as examples. I just took my new 64gig into a closet to check for pixels and light bleed. Fortunately it appears this one is good (fingers remain crossed as I type this reply!)...
    02-04-12 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD