I think the Playbook is a solidly built tablet, the right size, good speed and has been an overall good experience for me the past 12 months. Even though the Playbook was put on the bargain shelves last year I still think it is a winner and can be firmly resurrected by the BB10 upgrade.

The goal for the Playbook at this moment in time should be to keep as many hands off IOS and Android tablets as possible and move BB World apps to a repressed customer base or people on the fence about what tablet to buy. By providing the BB10 upgrade you will see Playbooks disappear from E-bay, Craigslist or even Groupon very very quickly and a spike in BB World app downloads.

Blackberry has had long enough to bring out the Z10, Q10, Q5, its now time to get the BB10 to the Playbook and throw some easy $$$$ to the bottom line from BB World.
    05-19-13 12:44 AM
    I think you're expecting WAY too much.

I believe a BB10 update is on the way, and that it will add a lot of value, but not so much that it will redeem the brand to the extent that you seem to think.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    dmlis and ELavar like this.
    05-19-13 12:54 AM
    I don't think it would change anything for the PB and I know all the promises but I don't think we will get a 10 update. I'm just skeptical at this point. I love my PB but there is little that can be done to save the day as far as the PB is concerned.
    05-19-13 01:44 AM
    PB 64G 99 and 3 years instant replacement (includes accidental) 25 add almost full BB10 great for wifi but no BIS on new QNX drawback for BB owners, for non BB owners its a steal price for a tablet with no limitations and that's on OS 2.0...perhaps people will go BB after purchase and Apple/Android BBM but loyal BB customers are refusing NO BIS no security. It's a buyers market them newer customers are cheaper to keep.

Alienation of a loyal core customer a big mistake tho.
    05-19-13 02:15 AM
    What's with this "no BIS no security" FUD?

05-19-13 07:41 AM
    Do you guys think that the upgrade will include the new keyboard?
    05-19-13 09:20 AM
    Do you guys think that the upgrade will include the new keyboard?
    It would, yes. Not to mention the browser.

05-19-13 09:25 AM