Well today the playbook came into it's own when my son really wanted to watch Ice Age 3 with his friend for a birthday sleep over. Having burnt this to a DVD there were sound sync issues, so I fired up the playbook where I already had a copy on, plugged in via HDMI and sorted. For a device that is effectively "dead" it came into it's own as a media player.
    11-01-13 03:06 PM
    Well today the playbook came into it's own when my son really wanted to watch Ice Age 3 with his friend for a birthday sleep over. Having burnt this to a DVD there were sound sync issues, so I fired up the playbook where I already had a copy on, plugged in via HDMI and sorted. For a device that is effectively "dead" it came into it's own as a media player.
    Have a 64GB with pretty much my whole Disney Libary on it and a few kids games. Both of them Grandkids, who are only 3 years old are really the only ones that use my PlayBook now. Would have been really nice if there was a way to prevent them from erasing apps.... way too easy to do.

But yeah the PlayBook make a great portable media player for kids.
    11-01-13 03:31 PM
    For the win!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:59 PM
    Would have been really nice if there was a way to prevent them from erasing apps.... way too easy to do.
    You can hide apps on the next screen. Hold on the app till it pulses, then drag it over to the right onto the next screen. Maybe just move BlackBerry World to the *hidden* screen.
    11-04-13 07:42 AM
    You can hide apps on the next screen. Hold on the app till it pulses, then drag it over to the right onto the next screen. Maybe just move BlackBerry World to the *hidden* screen.
    As long as they don't figure out the swipe to next screen. No real issue, just reload a "lost" app, or reload movie as long as you have a copy someplace.

GOOD Story.

c
    11-04-13 10:38 AM