I went to a SAP conference in Feb and they stated they were going to develop business object apps for the playbook that would allow us to show reports and dashboards. I have not heard anything on this development wise. Anyone know anything? I am not able to get the BOBJ Crystal Reports to run though the web browser now.

Also it seems that the playbook does not support MS Sharepoint at least security wise there seems to be some issues. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to load the mobile version of the company portal on the playbooks for the execs.

Looking forward to the new updates.
    05-05-11 02:48 PM
    I am hoping for a native BOBJ app sooner than later as well. I wonder how many enterprise companies are waiting for policies to be deployable to the PlayBook and the native SDK so they aren't forced to use the Air SDK.

As for SharePoint... I have accessed it through the bridge browser on the 19th "twice" (MOSS 2007 over SSL with NTLM with a 2008 front end server) after trying many things including having a WiFi connection active and connecting to RIM's NOC through it. I can no longer get connected via the 9650 with the bridge browser through my BES since the update.

Not that the bridge browser was doing a bang up job before the update, but now I just can't seem to access it at all no-matter how much I mess with.

I even made a new policy for testing since I needed to separate the browsers on the 9650 and force some domains to go through MDS to get anywhere.

RIM will sort this out over time and I am confident the experience will be rich.

I need this to work better than the Good Technologies "Secure Browser" I have deployed to iPad testers here at work or management will push hard to move away from BlackBerry if possible.

I don't get it. Over 800 full BES users, a newer BESx environment stood up "for free" and still my end users in IT seem to have it our for RIM. We'll pay $150+ per Good Mobile Messaging license to get a fraction of the functionality on their iOS device that can't display more than one alert at a time. I am getting frustrated just typing this!!!

Hope we hear some good news soon for us enterprise users.
    05-05-11 10:29 PM
    SAP did a little demo at BlackBerry World:
    05-05-11 10:31 PM
    I did see the demo at a SAP conference that was why I was hoping that this was coming soon. I will hit them again at Sapphire and see what they say.
    05-09-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD