There are plenty of other threads about how many playbooks have actually been sold, but i came across this today.

Only 3.8 Million Honeycomb Tablets Sold So Far | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

When you consider how many different Android Honeycomb Tablet models there are, does it put things in a different perspective ?
    I leave you to judge !!!
    10-19-11 06:56 AM
    That's a good question..

I view it as PlayBook sales were bad until they ran those sales, then they got respectable. Unfortunately, with the sales figures of Android tabs thrown in, it really is still an Ipad market not a tablet market.
    10-19-11 07:35 AM
    I agree the sales figures so far really only show that its an iPad market everyone else is playing catch up.
    10-19-11 07:38 AM
    Yes ipad had a head start also plus it's a big ipod/iphone. Nothing is coming close to it's sales yet. I'm going to stick with my more computer like experience of the playbook over it.
    10-19-11 08:06 AM
    It's really funny that after I bought my wife's 16GB Playbook for $299, her showing her friends caused 2 of them to place orders from The Source for similiar Playbooks...neither had ever seen or really heard too much about this tablet.
    Hey you goofy Canucks...$299 MUST be the entry level for Playbook, you will sell all you have, developers will come forward, life will be good....ya you will have pee'd off the early adopters but they will understand...like what are they going to do, go drop another $500 on an iPad...ya that will show RIM not likely!
    10-19-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD