Russia is one of the biggest growing market for tech purchasing. The Russians are spending huge amounts on the latest gadgets and are paying a lot more for the products. An iPhone costs on average $1000 US, which is a lot higher compared to the prices in Europe on or off contract. They buy tablets by the bucket load, Android and iPads are everywhere. So where is BB, the phones are sold by 2 outlets and its the old versions with the older OS and there is no official launch of the PB. You can buy a grey market PB starting at $500-850 US for a 16GB.
    Then RIM announces it is dropping market share, not meeting targets and now evening losing money. But where is their representation in one of the Worlds fastest growing markets, next to nowhere. I really find it beyond belief that RIM can just ignore the Russian market while they struggle to maintain and even loose footholds in over developed markets like the US and Europe.

Can someone tell what is RIM's market strategy and why they choose to ignore certain lucrative markets?
    06-29-12 04:49 AM
    hi opteva, they have a Russian website Сма�€�‚�„он�‹ BlackBerry - Нов�‹е Теле�„он�‹ BlackBerry в �оссии where all the items can be bought,

but I know what you mean, i prefer to walk down my high street and buy in a store, it makes all the difference having the device in your hands before you buy.

*** thats weird , the link looks as if it has been encripted, but it does work
    Last edited by der_mit; 06-29-12 at 05:25 AM.
    06-29-12 05:23 AM
    hi opteva, they have a Russian website Смартфоны BlackBerry - Новые Телефоны BlackBerry в �оссии where all the items can be bought,

but I know what you mean, i prefer to walk down my high street and buy in a store, it makes all the difference having the device in your hands before you buy.

*** thats weird , the link looks as if it has been encripted, but it does work
    If you try the site you'll notice you can't buy. It directs you to the 2 outlets that offer pretty useless contracts and packages. Also, no mention of the PB. It is as if it doesn't exist or not a BB product!!! Very poor indeed!!!
    06-29-12 05:53 AM
    Maybe they are concern about the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the culture of graft there.
    06-30-12 04:57 AM
    I doubt it, as they sell their phones in Russia. They seem to have market strategy and they are always last to join the party. The money they could have made in Russia could have provided some breathing space for the management!! But they think that they know best.
    06-30-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD