I had a quick question. My playbook has been acting funny the past couple of weeks and just randomly freezes up using the Podcast app or playing games and it could by from only two reasons off the top of my head and I was hoping I can get some advice.

I've recently sideloaded a few android apps and I think that's when the problems started. My browser used to crash almost daily which I can deal with but freezing apps is just plain annoying.

THe second reason (which is unlikely but think I should throw it out there regardless) is that I currently use a lens cleaner for my screen and thought this affected performance as well.

Is the only way to fix this would be to wipe my playbook? How do you conduct a security swipe anyways?

Thanks for your help!
    03-11-12 09:01 AM
    I wouldn't wipe immediately. Start by simply restarting your PB.
    You said you think the sideloaded android apps are the cause; remove them and see if it makes a difference. If it does, you could either decide to do without those apps, or you could add them one at a time (few days in between) so you can figure out which app causes the issues.
    Hussein Hashi likes this.
    03-11-12 09:10 AM
    I've tried restarting my PB. I've also deleted all of the android apps. I just wanted to try sideloading and the android app player...

The last thing I want to do is a security wipe but I'm also hoping this would fix my browser crashing problems as well.

I still think the playbook is an awesome tablet regardless though.
    03-11-12 09:43 AM
    You might mention the names of the Android apps so that others can comment on their stability or issues they may have noticed.

I've loaded a number of them. While one or two have not worked well, I simply removed them. Been using Words w/friends, a nice solitaire game, Kindle (not that often). Official Android apps from appworld - ghost commander, overdrive and something else.

Security Wipe and Debrick are a pain if you have lots of data (music, video, pics) to restore and add back apps. Security Wipe is from Gear/Options, Security, Wipe.
    03-11-12 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD