I was quite happy with the latest upgrade as I never run in development mode. Sure it had some glitches, but there are lots of positives. However, my PB has now, in the last few days, ran slower and slower. The browser is one checkerboard after another. Browser and apps closing for no reason. Anybody else having this recent issue? Any suggestions to possibly speed up my PB, not including flash adjustments.
    10-16-12 10:13 PM
  2. Your Friendly Neighbourhood Interac Guy's Avatar
    yep, same here. I've tried rebooting and deleting files, but it hasn't helped.
    10-16-12 10:24 PM
    I've noticed this as well, especially with the browser and keyboard. Would love to know if there's a fix.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-12 10:48 PM
    my browser is checkerboarding a lot more but not an increase of browser or app crashes
    10-16-12 11:06 PM
    I was having some browser crashes and problems viewing online videos. Restarts didn't help. I thought I was going to have to do a wipe and reinstall.

Then I did a full power off and left it off for about one minute and haven't had one issue since. Not one browser crash.

Might not help your problems but it's worth a try.
    kware84 likes this.
    10-16-12 11:20 PM
    Same here. .668 was the best update for me. Fast and no glitches. Now my apps take longer 2 close and sometimes freeze my playbook. Never had any problems until 2.1.
    10-17-12 10:30 AM
    I've only had a couple poofs but the browser is slower and there is more checkerboard than before.
    10-17-12 10:50 AM
    I'm glad it isn't just me.

I thought I was imagining it, but my Playbook is definitely running a lot slower than it was before. I've tried hard resetting it, etc, but it is still as slow and unresponsive.

The keyboard often takes a while to pop up, whereas it didn't before, and sometimes typing has a painful delay where what you type take many seconds to appear on the screen.

Alas, my Bold 9900 often suffers from that horrible egg-timer coming up for lengthy periods, so between the two I'm getting a tad frustrated with RIM at the moment.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

It does worry me that if, after all this time, RIM can't get the Playbook running smoothly (all of the time) then BB10 could well suffer from the same lags, spinning wheels, and egg timers. I do hope not.
    10-17-12 10:58 AM
    Mine goes in streaks or depends on the site. It is disheartening but they made a decision and probably a correct one, to focus on BB10 for the phones that they need to survive so our pb has been put on the back burner until after that is done. They don't have the assets to both at the same time it seems.
    10-17-12 11:06 AM
    Yep, slower than ever. Thought it was my internet provider at first.
    10-17-12 11:08 AM
    I just started a thread about this issue in a different manner. It seems that when this behavior (system slowdown) is seen other members suggest to wipe the device. Something one doesn't do without hesitance. The main question I had was whether it (wipe the device) would help to make the PB faster and more responsive. But just as important, I wondered why wiping would help. The point is, I can understand that if several apps are running at the same time this puts a load on the processor and anything can happen. On the other hand I always thought the OS should be able to handle these issues by providing way to the most important requests. Oddly enough even a single app like the browser can slow down the system tremendously. Pfffff, even no active app at all can cause this unresponsiveness because sometimes the screen is not very responsive (maybe something going on in the background, e.g. WiFi issues). One possible reason for the slowdown is that it might be that the information on the SSD is sort of scattered, which obviously should not happen. Other possibility, working memory is not handled properly by the OS. I simply want to understand why wiping would help. Some will be happy that it works, I also like to know why, so I might be able to avoid it next time.

Have a nice day.
    10-17-12 02:15 PM
    I just started a thread about this issue in a different manner. It seems that when this behavior (system slowdown) is seen other members suggest to wipe the device. Something one doesn't do without hesitance. The main question I had was whether it (wipe the device) would help to make the PB faster and more responsive. But just as important, I wondered why wiping would help. The point is, I can understand that if several apps are running at the same time this puts a load on the processor and anything can happen. On the other hand I always thought the OS should be able to handle these issues by providing way to the most important requests. Oddly enough even a single app like the browser can slow down the system tremendously. Pfffff, even no active app at all can cause this unresponsiveness because sometimes the screen is not very responsive (maybe something going on in the background, e.g. WiFi issues). One possible reason for the slowdown is that it might be that the information on the SSD is sort of scattered, which obviously should not happen. Other possibility, working memory is not handled properly by the OS. I simply want to understand why wiping would help. Some will be happy that it works, I also like to know why, so I might be able to avoid it next time.

Have a nice day.
    Wiping the device is a last resort when you've exhausted all other possibilities. The test bed 16g i have I wipe often enough as I don't have many apps installed on it and certainly don't keep any important data on it.

What you may find, if you've had your pb a while is, residual files/data/corruption/ from many os updates, package installs and removal and just general daily usage. Wiping the system brings it back to almost new and thus removing the residual crud.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-17-12 02:59 PM