how do you restart the playbook without wiping it. I don't know if the device froze up, or is fully operational, but it is on, and can be woken up with a screen swipe. Screen remains black.
    I was thinking outside the box, and felt that I could accommodate a restart by using bridge, using the mouse pointer, lining up the pointer where the battery icon is to bring up the standby screen, and move the pointer to "restart " and engage it blind on the black screen. Didn't work.
    Daughters device , and what was running or not is unknown to me.
    I just want to restart it for her.
    Thanks very much!
    07-20-14 04:49 PM
    If I recall correctly, you have to hold the power and volume up button at the same time for a couple of seconds. I could be wrong.
    awindsr likes this.
    07-20-14 05:01 PM
    Yeah, I think the two button works but the three button (power, vol +, vol - ) or salute is also a reset method. This is more like a battery pull and resets hardware/software issues, which the OP may need. You should not lose any data. A little hard to execute as a vol+/vol- hold down also initiates a camera screenshot. It should restart automatically on its own but may need to be turned on with power button. Just have to be patient as PB boots slowly.

How To Perform a Hard Reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview
    awindsr likes this.
    07-20-14 06:13 PM
    Okay, I got it . I can't believe I didn't know that the screen I was looking for comes up after holding the power button for 3 seconds.
    Doh!
    07-20-14 06:41 PM
    Thanks for your input!
    07-20-14 06:46 PM