Ok, so I haven't been active on this forum for quite some time.
    The truth is I even rarely visit the forum just to read some random posts. But the 'mighty' PlayBook is, in fact, still in hand.
    I was traveling abroad last month (from Indonesia to China) and one thing that I really wanted to test out is the BlackBerry Bridge while roaming.
    To make things short, it works!
    I got roaming package on my Bold 9900 and the Bridge functions really served me well. Browsing, checking email, watching YouTube is a child's play on PB.
    I visit Shenzhen and then Hongkong. While in Shenzhen, there wasn't much FREE WiFi available, most hotels offers free internet LAN. But in Hongkong, free WiFi is available everywhere, but funnily not so much in hotels (need to pay additional charge).
    So instead changing from one WiFi AP to another, I chose to Bridge my PB instead and voila. Got internet on both for 24/7. (Ok, I know the battery on my Bold won't survive that long with Bluetooth on). And very satisfied with the 3G speed on both locations, way faster than my original carrier.
    It was the "best 4 days" using a PlayBook since I bought it (heck, I got lots of good days with it)
    For you that thinking how much did I spent for roaming package, it's 140,000 IDR for 3 days and 55,000 IDR for a day. (Approx $16 /3 days or $7 /day).
    Expensive? Cheap? It's up to you to decide.

Now to make things more perfect is the official Bluetooth Keyboard and I'm ready to take the world with only my BB and PB (hopefully with OS 2.0).
    02-02-12 05:04 AM
    FYI, the XCom Global Mi-Fi is about $15 per day for unlimited 3G data just about anywhere in the world and you can share it between 5 devices. I find that this works out to be better because you can even use Google maps and wireless calling anywhere you are.
    02-02-12 07:45 AM
    Let's focus on the topic. Roaming with the PlayBook.
    02-02-12 08:33 AM
    Ok, so I haven't been active on this forum for quite some time.
    The truth is I even rarely visit the forum just to read some random posts. But the 'mighty' PlayBook is, in fact, still in hand.
    I was traveling abroad last month (from Indonesia to China) and one thing that I really wanted to test out is the BlackBerry Bridge while roaming.
    To make things short, it works!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope to do the same while in Japan for 2 months.
    02-02-12 09:35 AM
    that's a great story about the great functionality of the PlayBook. Thx for sharing it.
    02-02-12 12:29 PM
    Let's focus on the topic. Roaming with the PlayBook.
    Ouch.. some posts got deleted? This forum indeed getting strict huh.
    I did multi quotes and actually still on topic. But anyway, u're the boss..

FYI, the XCom Global Mi-Fi is about $15 per day for unlimited 3G data just about anywhere in the world and you can share it between 5 devices. I find that this works out to be better because you can even use Google maps and wireless calling anywhere you are.
    No such thing as XCom Global MiFi rental here, I'm from Indonesia, not the U.S.A.
    This thread also dedicated to others who doesn't live state side.
    02-03-12 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD