So I sent in my playbook which had a really bad problem with the display flickering (probably a breaking ribbon cable) and had a corner scratched to the metal thanks to concrete and a hole in my carrying pouch... and about 3 days after I handed it to the Fedex guy I got it back. I got a brand new playbook with a raised power button and seemingly better volume buttons. While volume up doesn't click I can at least feel that I'm pressing it.

Overall RIM is awesome.
    11-08-11 05:50 PM
    That's good service.

I had an issue with app world and billing and I also received good service from RIM.
    UltraBlackBerry likes this.
    11-08-11 06:05 PM
    So I sent in my playbook which had a really bad problem with the display flickering (probably a breaking ribbon cable) and had a corner scratched to the metal thanks to concrete and a hole in my carrying pouch... and about 3 days after I handed it to the Fedex guy I got it back. I got a brand new playbook with a raised power button and seemingly better volume buttons. While volume up doesn't click I can at least feel that I'm pressing it.

Overall RIM is awesome.
    So was your other problem with the playbook fixed too? That's great that you got excellent customer service... maybe they are getting their schtick together now.
    WTG!!
    Thanks for sharing this good news
    11-08-11 06:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure i got a brand new one so everything is in perfect condition. I'm afraid to turn it on now since its so shiny and new.
    11-08-11 06:53 PM
    Did you get the same PB back or did they just send you a new one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 07:35 PM
    Good news - thanks for the positive feedback - surprising with concrete marks!

I think I've used the power button a total of three times since I bought mine in June... do you know you can just touch the battery icon to put it in standby and swipe from bezel to bezel to wake it yup?
    11-08-11 07:58 PM
    Nice to hear RIM stands by their products.
    11-08-11 08:01 PM
    I do know you can put it to sleep and power it up like that. Also I would like to say that my power button has a clicking feeling to it and feels great now. Before I would have to press so hard the playbook would warp. Just a light tap now.

I'm 99% sure this is a brand new playbook, it may be refurbished but it looks completely different than my launch playbook did. Slightly different shade of gray around the rim and the buttons are MUCH improved. I like this a lot
    11-08-11 09:01 PM
    I do know you can put it to sleep and power it up like that. Also I would like to say that my power button has a clicking feeling to it and feels great now. Before I would have to press so hard the playbook would warp. Just a light tap now.

I'm 99% sure this is a brand new playbook, it may be refurbished but it looks completely different than my launch playbook did. Slightly different shade of gray around the rim and the buttons are MUCH improved. I like this a lot
    Sounds like you did get a NEW one! Bezel swiping is VERY addictive and doesn�t work on refrigerator doors ... tried it myself a few times!
    11-08-11 09:51 PM
    Nope refrigerators don't have menus..... yet
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-08-11 09:52 PM
    Nope refrigerators don't have menus..... yet
    Mine does - Thai and Pizza - held there by magnets!
    jafobabe and Harryl6134 like this.
    11-08-11 11:28 PM

Well....look at the PIN #....is it different to the one you had before?
    11-08-11 11:51 PM
    I can confirm, the RIM RMA process is just top notch if you are still within the 90 days. I got my new replacement Playbook overnight (shipping is about $50-70 one-way AFAIK). It came with a prepaid box (also overnight) to send my defective unit back to them. So they spent tons of money on shipping alone.

I usually view Amazon as the golden standard for returns and exchanges (have had only positive experience over many years) but RIM's return/exchange process was just wow. I don't know if it's YMMV though.
    Last edited by ferganer; 11-14-11 at 10:37 PM.
    11-09-11 12:21 AM
    I'm still working on my RMA, but the process so far has been absolutely fantastic. The customer support people were extremely helpful and nice. I got my shipping boxes very quickly, and I had it back about 4 days after sending it out. They fixed my power button and even replaced the rubbery grip material, mine was pretty scratched up on the bottom.

Unfortunately the problem I sent it in for was not fixed (memory issues, application crashes) so I had to send it back for round 2. I have a feeling they'll send me a new unit, but I'm happy either way, it's really been a great process.
    11-09-11 01:06 AM
    I was not within the 90 days but I still got a playbook back in less than a week. I think it was 6 days from when I shipped it to them. That includes 2 days for the weekend.
    11-09-11 09:34 PM
    So I checked my pin... turns out its the same. That would mean they replaced everything except for the main board and battery.... That's insane. I like it
    11-09-11 10:35 PM
    whats the number to call? one of my playbooks is having an issue connecting to HDMI.

also, how long is the warranty for again?
    11-10-11 11:55 AM
    One year warranty

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    11-10-11 06:36 PM
    Does anyone know what happens to defunct PB's?
    07-13-12 11:30 PM
    Does anyone know what happens to defunct PB's?
    There have been postings about sales of refurbished units. Rim might also ship them out as replacements????
    07-14-12 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD