I wonder if RIM considered leveraging the success of the iPad by incorporating features in their handhelds to compliment the iPad? Take the BlackBerry Bridge for example... Why not work with Apple to make BlackBerry Bridge a native feature of iOS. It might entice BlackBerry users who have been looking to jump ship to a different handheld manufacturer to stay with BlackBerry. Perhaps focus on the rebuild of your handheld OS to make the combination of these two devices the best user experience possible. I am sure those who own an iPhone and iPad today get a feeling of redundancy when carrying both devices. I know the iPhone is a natural competitor for BlackBerry handhelds, but it seems all of these companies partner in some fashion nowadays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wonderful business strategy. Help your competition to sell more by giving them access to your best technology.
    I hope you are not planning to go into business for yourself anytime soon.
    Next you would advise BMW to supply engines to Hyundai.
    Why don't you advise Apple to open their system a little bit. Their tyranny is good business sense, but any other company protecting their inventions is made out to be stupid business choices.
    05-08-11 02:52 AM
    Wonderful business strategy. Help your competition to sell more by giving them access to your best technology.
    I hope you are not planning to go into business for yourself anytime soon.
    Next you would advise BMW to supply engines to Hyundai.
    Why don't you advise Apple to open their system a little bit. Their tyranny is good business sense, but any other company protecting their inventions is made out to be stupid business choices.
    Interesting then that RIM announced this week they will be working to support iOS and Android on BES.

Boom. Roasted.
    05-08-11 03:17 AM
    Interesting then that RIM announced this week they will be working to support iOS and Android on BES.

Boom. Roasted.
    Yea just like BBM is coming for iOS and Android....
    And BES is not consumer BIS. For activated BES on iOS and Android, a company would still need to install an Enterprise server in their company. That would mean revenue would go to RIM.
    05-08-11 03:54 AM
    I think the issue at this point is Apple defined what a tablet computer is, at least for now. Lots of the reviewers come at it from that perspective.

Me on the other hand, I had not really used an iPad a lot. I got my PlayBook and loved it. Then someone in the family got an iPad 2 this week. I have used it multiple times in the past week. I cannot help but find the iPad bulky/heavy, and down-right inelegant compared to the PlayBook. I keep wanting to swipe from the bezel to see browser tabs, etc and so on. Screen is not as clear. So you could say I expect more from the iPad because of having used the PlayBook a lot.

That reminds me. I was a little aggravated when setting up the iPad for them. I had to install iTunes and hook the pad to a PC before they could use it. If I was a reviewer, that would be something "negative" I would have to ding the iPad for.
    Last edited by southlander; 05-08-11 at 04:49 PM.
    05-08-11 03:46 PM
    After playing with it, I didn't understand everyone's nitpicking when i found it to be better than the iPad but on pure ability. Apps is a whole different topic.

TGSB PlayBook Review
    05-08-11 04:57 PM
    You are correct. Apple and Google both paid off every newspaper and website to give the playbook a bad review. You have uncovered the conspiracy.

ReviewGate I like to call it.

The fact that the PlayBook is crippled without a Blackberry has nothing to do with it.
    So facebook hires pr firm to smudge google....and now ot seems that is exactly what apple might have done to downplay its competition...which clearly seems to have worked when I look comments like these.....
    05-13-11 10:39 AM
    So facebook hires pr firm to smudge google....and now ot seems that is exactly what apple might have done to downplay its competition...which clearly seems to have worked when I look comments like these.....
    Yup. Some people are a bit too naive and quick to play the "make fun of conspiracy" card.

Not all reviews are biased and very few reviews are TOTALLY biased but to believe there is no favoritism and unfair treatments happening is really naive.
    05-13-11 12:18 PM
    LOL Apple hiring a PR firm to downplay the Playbook?

So you have uncovered the true conspiracy.

When I look at comments like THESE, I can't help but notice how blind some people are to the world.

Apple didn't need to publicly smudge the PlayBook, RIM did it themselves.
    05-13-11 12:54 PM
    It would be one thing if one or two reviews were bad, but MOST criticized the PlayBook as being unfinished or unpolished.

If you really think there is a conspiracy, against RIM, I would love for you to investigate and come back with your findings later.
    05-13-11 12:56 PM
    I was reading the new review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on Boy Genius Report and within that review, BGR had a lot of positive things to say about the Playbook and QNX. "I really like the 7-inch display on the BlackBerry PlayBook - it makes the tablet much easier to tote around in a jacket pocket..." "You'll call me crazy, but I prefer the BlackBerry QNX UI to what Honeycomb has to offer so far. Yes, I know there's a lack of apps available for RIM's tablet, but QNX feels so much more spry, especially when it coms to multitasking and flipping around the user interface." "The BlackBerry PlayBook's QNX user interface is more fun, more polished, and more intuitive right now."

It is funny that one of the most positive reviews of the Playbook is hidden within a review of a Android Honeycomb 3.0 device.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 review | BGR
    05-13-11 01:21 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD