This is strange. I have a 20 month old that can use the playbook.
    I have a cat that can use the Playbook.
    11-28-12 03:38 PM
    This is strange. I have a 20 month old that can use the playbook.
    Same here, I have a 5 y.o. niece who loves using the cute games on the PB, and she loves using the gestures and figured them out in "like" 45 seconds.
    11-28-12 03:53 PM
    Yeah I saw it too. All other reviews trash it. Even cnet said with an update it could be better. Then ipad 2 came out and they lowered the rating from 7.3 to 6.0 or something due to "new higher end tablets being released". Even the guys who break phones said it sucked because the screen broke on the second time. We'll they dropped it falt on the screen both times not like other devices where they do the corners and just drop it. It's all bs. I love my playbook
    My screen broke from being dropped on carpet....no lie.
    11-28-12 04:51 PM
    I think the review was fair. Some things I didn't agree with but she pointed out flaws the PlayBook had back then that it still has now. Even on 2.1 my Playbook take a good deal of time to open ....and I don't even have any email accounts set up on it.

BB10 Can't come quick enough. I like my Playbook but it's still a beta product imo
    11-28-12 05:07 PM
    I think the review was fair. Some things I didn't agree with but she pointed out flaws the PlayBook had back then that it still has now. Even on 2.1 my Playbook take a good deal of time to open ....and I don't even have any email accounts set up on it.

BB10 Can't come quick enough. I like my Playbook but it's still a beta product imo
    While I agree that some of the flaws she mentioned are still there, she questioned the RELIABILITY of the PB... I don't know about anyone else, but my PB has never froze on me unlike my ipod or htc and I have never had to question whether it would be there when I needed it. Overall, I believe her video was made to purposely stir a buzz in the comments and to generate/increase the number of views.
    11-28-12 09:28 PM
    While I agree that some of the flaws she mentioned are still there, she questioned the RELIABILITY of the PB... I don't know about anyone else, but my PB has never froze on me unlike my ipod or htc and I have never had to question whether it would be there when I needed it. Overall, I believe her video was made to purposely stir a buzz in the comments and to generate/increase the number of views.
    I kinda gotta disagree. I wont/can't say my Playbook has never frozen on me. I don't know how long you've had yours but I've had mine since day 1 and it's froze plenty of times...its not a frequent thing at all but it has done it. 2.1 has really helped the stability of the software though.

I don't know...I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I think she may have slightly exaggerated somethings, but I think overall she was giving her opinion on the tablet and there's nothing wrong with that
    11-28-12 10:57 PM
    I don't knooooow, my PB has been very gltchy and sloooow since the upgrade. Very disappointing. I'm waiting for BB10.
    11-28-12 11:59 PM
    I think she did point out a few things but in a VERY EXAGGERATED way...that is what made it funny to me. My Playbook rarely gives me any trouble, every so often it will get weird but my laptop and cell is way worse IMO.
    11-29-12 05:50 AM
    I think she did point out a few things but in a VERY EXAGGERATED way...that is what made it funny to me. My Playbook rarely gives me any trouble, every so often it will get weird but my laptop and cell is way worse IMO.
    The bold part is most likely true to 99.97% of PlayBook users. And you know guys... If a 3finger doesn't fix it, backup, wipe, reload. I've found that this can handle any issues without any loss of data (Android data aside that is).

If there are people suffering with the PlayBook, it's just because they refuse to fix it - of the device is plain simply not right for them.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-29-12 06:00 AM
    I just make it a point to do a simple reboot every few days just to refresh the system and I do not do that because it is acting up. I feel that is that key to keeping things working properly on any device.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-29-12 06:39 AM
    While I agree that some of the flaws she mentioned are still there, she questioned the RELIABILITY of the PB... I don't know about anyone else, but my PB has never froze on me unlike my ipod or htc and I have never had to question whether it would be there when I needed it.
    It's not only freezing. It is disappointing when you give your pb to a non-tech, and then she calls you because the pb has started asking the password for Yahoo mail over and over again.

For my job I critically need email, and that's why I ended up buying an Android tab.

I guess comments about how the pb is beautiful, reliable and perfect comes from people who have never used Android consistently. Already when you see it starting in 10 secs you realize there is something wrong with RIM...
    11-29-12 07:02 AM
    It's not only freezing. It is disappointing when you give your pb to a non-tech, and then she calls you because the pb has started asking the password for Yahoo mail over and over again.

For my job I critically need email, and that's why I ended up buying an Android tab.

I guess comments about how the pb is beautiful, reliable and perfect comes from people who have never used Android consistently. Already when you see it starting in 10 secs you realize there is something wrong with RIM...
    I am a consistent Android user and I do find the Playbook to be solid and reliable. Remember - "to each his own".
    11-29-12 07:34 AM
    Wasted time for sure. Her "frustrations" seemed overly exaggerated.
    11-29-12 09:11 AM
    I looked at a lot of reviews before picking mine up and despite it's "age", I still feel like this tablet runs like a champ! I only wish I could have found a larger model than my 16GB workhorse.

The review I watched was a three part in depth on pre 2.0 software and I still was sold. The YouTube username is Blunty3000 and by far offers some of the best tech reviews of the site. This little bugger has been my organization tool more than my phone. Had RIM added cellular support, I'd carry this bad boy ahead of a Galaxy Note and that's saying quite a lot since I love the Galaxy S3 as my primary phone.

The PlayBook may not have quite the gaming chops of other tablets (Shadowgun is great but awfully scaled back in visuals). What it does do great after learning how to use it, the PlayBook is a great PIM device that can only get better over time.

The games are coming with bigger titles, plenty of apps, but honestly, the PlayBook really does come with nearly everything you already need to be productive instead of being trendy. I have gotten my fair share of heckling from owners of the iPad and once I show them how much the design made sense, they were pretty humbled. I also own an iPad and can go on about it's strengths and weaknesses, but for portability and functionality, it's been tough to find a better bargain than the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-29-12 10:23 AM

Allow me to call bull on this one. Any person that is in critical need of email and relies on Yahoo cannot be taken seriously. Sorry. Yahoo? No. Just no.

My PlayBook never asks me for my Yahoo password past the initial setup. If you're complaining about the Yahoo Mail APP, then double seriously on you, for complaining about third party, unsupported, android ports and blaming it on RIM...
    11-29-12 12:07 PM
    I just got off the phone with my best friend, she has an iPhone and loves it and told me she is going to get the iPad. I told her about the Playbook, she said she would check it out but the reason she is most likely getting the iPad is because she does not like change and iPad is a bigger version of her phone. But she was impressed at what the Playbook could do even though she is not too tech savvy.
    11-29-12 03:01 PM
    I suspect she will buy the iPad because there is zero learning curve for her and she can use iCloud and Facetime between devices.
    It's good to see people actually trying something else though.
    11-29-12 05:04 PM
    I suspect she will buy the iPad because there is zero learning curve for her and she can use iCloud and Facetime between devices.
    It's good to see people actually trying something else though.
    Yes, you are right. She was laughing telling me how she hates any type of change and her iPhone screen is too small for books, movies and games and she wants the bigger screen. I kept telling her what I do with my playbook but I could tell it didn't matter. But I tried!
    11-29-12 05:10 PM
    Allow me to call bull on this one. Any person that is in critical need of email and relies on Yahoo cannot be taken seriously. Sorry. Yahoo? No. Just no.
    No, I don't allow you. By reading my post with normal literacy you would have understood that it is not I who uses Yahoo.
    11-29-12 05:11 PM
    You know someone who had a problem with Yahoo mail on a Playbook.
    Email is critical to your job.
    You don't use Yahoo mail.
    You bought an Android.

Clear as mud.
    11-29-12 05:17 PM
    I kinda gotta disagree. I wont/can't say my Playbook has never frozen on me. I don't know how long you've had yours but I've had mine since day 1 and it's froze plenty of times...its not a frequent thing at all but it has done it. 2.1 has really helped the stability of the software though.
    Really? I can't say I've ever had the whole device freeze on me in the year that I've had it. Seen plenty of app oddities that encouraged me to restart every once in a while but never a 'freeze'. OS stability is never a problem I've had with PlayBook (and I've been vocal about what my problems with it are).

Ditto with "ease of use". I've seen a few people claim it's 'hard to use', but this usually boils down to them being used to how Apple does things and they don't like change. I've been fortunate enough to watch my non-technical mother get a Playbook and an iPod touch at the same. No difference in how quickly she picked them up, honestly.
    11-30-12 06:53 AM
    Thank you wafa for posting the link, I for one enjoyed the video and did not find the reviewer hard to watch or hard to listen to either. Funny, I kept looking at her "blackberry" fingernail polish for some reason, lol.
    11-30-12 06:56 AM
    why did she go to the file manager to open a picture?

Most people will locate the pictures application.... and i dont understand how she couldnt swipe down on the pictre.... and it is simple to set a backround pic.. its a swipe and one press of 'set as wallpaper'....her attempt to describe how hard it was to set a wallpaper is completely misleading to the end user,as its not the way she describes it... (as it being so difficult)

fail....
    11-30-12 07:04 AM
    Read what I wrote above, I said it was NOT only him. He is the only one that is coming back at me so all these posts are going back and forth with him. The others did not respond. Why don't you read the whole thread and see my responses about bashing throughout. I asked if it could please stop, no one listens. But I do see patterns of certain people that do this constantly and now I am back and forth with both of you and I noticed this is what you both tend to do. If you have a problem with me, report me. I see no reason to go further.
    Life is too short. Don't spend it debating people who live on forums looking for fights.
    Seanny25 and Bla1ze like this.
    11-30-12 10:21 AM
    Life is too short. Don't spend it debating people who live on forums looking for fights.
    Yes, you are right . I hate conflict and these people just will not stop.
    11-30-12 10:38 AM
88 1234