LOL.

"R.I.M" (pronounced Are I Em) upgraded the software and downgraded the price.

/turnOff
    That's how I felt when she said "supposebly".
    11-27-12 09:10 PM
    Ok, just a question here guys : is it surprising that an average user expects a tablet to multitask by default ? Simple things like continuing a download while reading a document ? especially if the OS is praised for its superior multitasking ?
    It's set like that to conserve battery life. It's up to the user to chose the trade off for more performance.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-27-12 09:16 PM
    Thanks for the share wafa510 ,she had me giggling asking myself why ....seriously...
    11-27-12 09:29 PM
    Crackberry troll patrol strikes again. I'm sure she's real hurt that a bunch of fanboys spam her comments.

2.1 didn't exist when this review was made champ.
    Ohhhhhhhh, so you made the review.
    11-27-12 10:33 PM
    The video you just watched, was actually a last Ditch to discard the Playbook's Ability.

Why such a Review Now? The OS has been out for a While.

The Question is, Why now? BB10 must be that better than ADROID And the IPeople?

Can't wait to get the OS on my Playbook.

RIM is Back! Ha Ha Ha!
    11-27-12 11:49 PM
    The video you just watched, was actually a last Ditch to discard the Playbook's Ability.

The Question is, Why now? BB10 must be that better than ADROID And the IPeople?

Can't wait to get the OS on my Playbook.

RIM is Back! Ha Ha Ha!
    That review was posted months ago on Youtube.

Even if BB10 will be 'better than Android on iOS', there's no BB10 in this discussion. She reviewed PlayBook OS 2.0.
    11-28-12 01:02 AM

I find it hard to imagine how it would be like to have a worldview where by default, everyone is pushing an agenda. It has got to weigh you down.
    11-28-12 01:09 AM
    Although I rather have a positive review of the Blackberry Playbook, she does raises some valid points.
    First time I wanted to change my wallpaper I had to search too for a minute.
    And programs like mail take indeed way to long to open. I don't care about that, because I use my curve for mail, but if my playbook was my main driver for email I would be frustrated with the constant waiting. (Luckily, seeing the demos, it opens blazing fast on BB10)
    11-28-12 01:39 AM
    Crackberry troll patrol strikes again. I'm sure she's real hurt that a bunch of fanboys spam her comments.

2.1 didn't exist when this review was made champ.
    I clicked view post from blocked user just to confirm my theory. Sur enough I was right and you had something negative to say about another member. As wafa said, we shouldn't be bashing each other.
    antiRIM likes this.
    11-28-12 02:56 AM
    She was reviewing the Playbook from the standpoint of a new user.
    The points she made are valid if you are new to tablets or use another brand.
    But, she could do the same type of negative review for any product.
    I have the Playbook and an iPod Touch. I am always trying to swipe my iPod screen and nothing happens. Not very intuitive.
    Toodeurep and bp3dots like this.
    11-28-12 04:47 AM
    Although I rather have a positive review of the Blackberry Playbook, she does raises some valid points.
    First time I wanted to change my wallpaper I had to search too for a minute.
    And programs like mail take indeed way to long to open. I don't care about that, because I use my curve for mail, but if my playbook was my main driver for email I would be frustrated with the constant waiting. (Luckily, seeing the demos, it opens blazing fast on BB10)
    And how fast is the email suppose to open. She had 85 emails waiting and she wasn't using a BB email address that for sure. I have multiple email address and they load way faster than that but then again I use Bridge instead of the native client.
    11-28-12 05:42 AM
    Truth hurts folks. An unbiased unfanboy review. She didn't trash it so don't get your virtual panties in a bunch.
    She's a robot head and she says so. You really think she doing a promo for Netflix so she can get paid. Lol.
    11-28-12 05:47 AM
    Guys, try to keep your objectivity...

1. She reviews tech, but she is far from an expert
    2. She was new to the PlayBook
    3. Best OS she could get back then was 2.0 on it's first release
    4. Video is old. quite old.

Wafa's point is valid when she said she didn't have any of the issues the reviewer had, and I too found it hard to swallow some of the comments she made. But all in all, she could have been more biased and trashed it far worse.

Was it a fair review? I'll add it to the fairer than most. But she could have read the manual and gotten used to the OS before reviewing it. For comparison, here is what I consider to be a fair review (and one from an iOS user).

Strap your time machine sit belts, we're going way back here (Wafa, watch and see all the fun you missed!):

Last edited by diegonei; 11-28-12 at 06:21 AM.
    wafa510 and pkcable like this.
    11-28-12 06:04 AM
    Guys, try to keep your objectivity...
    Was it a fair review? I'll add it to the fairer than most. But she could have read the manual and gotten used to the OS before reviewing it. For comparison, here is what I consider to be a fair review (and one from an iOS user).
    I remember this was the video I watched last before I decided to get a PB.
    11-28-12 06:48 AM
    I clicked view post from blocked user just to confirm my theory. Sur enough I was right and you had something negative to say about another member. As wafa said, we shouldn't be bashing each other.
    If you ignore the ignore function, then you're not doing it right!
    You're right, we shouldn't bash each other. But it's mighty hard to swallow the fact that a certain demographic of members finds it necessary to spam the comments of any article/review that's not praising Blackberry. They're giving the community a terrible name.
    11-28-12 06:55 AM
    But it's mighty hard to swallow the fact that a certain demographic of members finds it necessary to spam the comments of any article/review that's not praising Blackberry. They're giving the community a terrible name.
    It's the emotional investment with a brand/team/celebrity which brings about this behavior. RIM fanboys are not the worst offenders, the Apple fanboys have the title. It's probably because there's just so much more Apple users, that the small percentage of rabid fans translate to a larger presence. It is sometimes entertaining, often annoying to see the fanboy attack squad go after bloggers in the comments section.
    11-28-12 07:38 AM
    If you ignore the ignore function, then you're not doing it right!
    You're right, we shouldn't bash each other. But it's mighty hard to swallow the fact that a certain demographic of members finds it necessary to spam the comments of any article/review that's not praising Blackberry. They're giving the community a terrible name.
    Playbook review on You Tube...you got to be kidding me!-tumblr_m8ppi7a3zq1ruqn1eo1_500.png

It doesn't happen often Mike, but I agree with you on this one. I try to advise against bashing when I see it, but who can really control people? You for one do a considerable amount of bashing around here (even if in a polite way. )
    PatrickMJS and TheScionicMan like this.
    11-28-12 08:13 AM
    Well I see there has been a bit more bashing back and forth since I was on here last night. I really do not understand so here is my take on things.

First, regarding this video or any other made on You Tube, I do watch to see what people say. However, everyone has their own opinions and possibly agenda when they post about a product. This video was funny. It just was. I posted it more for comic relief hoping people had the same type of sense of humor as I had. Obviously, not so much but that is besides the point.

Second, I came on these boards to learn about the Playbook, ask questions and read as much as I can about the Playbook and its capabilities. This is a Blackberry forum and I am astonished at the amount of people on here that are so quick to bash, slam and demean people, especially when they are happy or get excited about something Blackberry/Playbook related. Yes, it is good to speak about positive and negative aspects of the products, but we are all BB owners in one way or another and we need to be positive and get excited about what we have. Speaking objectively about something the Playbook/BB phones does not have or will never have is ok, as long as it is done without hurting someone's feelings about their opinion. Getting nasty does not help the newbies (me included) either.

Having said all of that, even though we may be 2 million strong (playbook) or 80 million strong (blackberry phones), we are a community and should be happy and proud of what we CHOSE to buy and support each other. If we feel another product is better we can state why or just go out and buy it. Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses and you will find negativity with people owning Apple and Android. But it is a choice folks. If we are not happy, we live in a society where we can change it or try to deal with it until we can.

Sorry for another rant, but I felt the need to say all of this to you. I want to enjoy coming here and learning and being positive. I spent my well earned money on a tablet I personally love and Crackberry was the first place I registered with and came to for knowledge and advice. The fighting, nitpicking and bashing does not help me one bit nor many other people coming here because we are all (or should be) PROUD owners of our tablets and phones.
    11-28-12 09:43 AM
    Like any forum, or group of people in general, we are going to have some negative people. You'll learn who they are.
    I'm sure there are a few that don't even own a Playbook that joined this forum just to bash it.

If you do need advice there are many people here that will genuinely try to help. Just ignore the negative people.
    wafa510 likes this.
    11-28-12 10:07 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m8ppi7A3Zq1ruqn1eo1_500.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	126652

It doesn't happen often Mike, but I agree with you on this one. I try to advise against bashing when I see it, but who can really control people? You for one do a considerable amount of bashing around here (even if in a polite way. )
    I do try to keep it civil
    If I bash, it's only because I care
    11-28-12 10:29 AM
    Quite an interesting thread with a valid debate.

I have to say it kind of is making me think I should post some youtube reviews of the PB. At 19 months old, it is my favourite device. I'm quite aware of its shortcomings but what it can do, it does very well. I'm thinking a walking & talking type of review where the camera occasionally zooms into the PB screen. Hmmm...
    diegonei likes this.
    11-28-12 10:38 AM
    That was a painful review to get through and I usually like her.
    11-28-12 12:27 PM
    Lol she's pathetic
    Agree. However, her voice is nice. Christmas is coming so I must be charitable after all. LOL
    11-28-12 01:11 PM
    while she seems like a posterchild for the average/casual user of tech this girl actually comes across quite ignorant. my 13 year old niece would be a better reviewer of tech, not because her dad is an IT guy, but because she realizes that a little learning and patience will go a long way to making the most out of your devices.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-28-12 01:24 PM
    This is strange. I have a 20 month old that can use the playbook.
    11-28-12 03:23 PM
88 1234