I upgraded the os,when I did the power button was mssing,I had rim help me over the phone,big mistake made the playbook unuseable.well I hipped it off monday feb 27,I recieved a replacement today,still no power button icon???I dont want to call them again has anyone else had this issue
    03-02-12 07:48 PM
    I can send you a power button icon bar. But you will have to load it with ddpb.

Pm me if you want it.
    03-02-12 08:14 PM
    The power button icon was BUGGY. If you chose Standby, it would reboot/restart. It was removed for OS2.
    03-02-12 08:32 PM
    I deleted the power button icon. Just press on the battery. I'm not sure why RIM didn't mention this because it seems like they are trying to do away with it.
    candjmc likes this.
    03-02-12 08:50 PM
    yeah I did and yes when pressing the powere on /off,it comes up it just made me think the os wasnt installed properly but its working great and I dont want to deal with them any time soon
    03-02-12 08:52 PM
    pressing the powere on /off
    Just to be clear, you can just press on the battery icon up top to get the same options.
    03-02-12 09:29 PM
    that's weird mine is 2.0 and still has the power button icon.
    03-02-12 10:04 PM
    The power button icon was BUGGY. If you chose Standby, it would reboot/restart. It was removed for OS2.
    yes it happened to me too!! facking annoying!

that's weird mine is 2.0 and still has the power button icon.
    I still have it also in 2.0, but it doesn't work properly...wonder why we still have iit still on our playbooks if it was removed?
    03-02-12 10:13 PM
    Just press and hold until icons blink - then DELETE the buggy and superfluous PowerButton! The Battery Icon has it covered and is not buggy.
    03-02-12 11:03 PM
    Unless we are talking about the physical power button along the top edge. If that is missing - then that's a problem.
    03-02-12 11:04 PM
    Unless we are talking about the physical power button along the top edge. If that is missing - then that's a problem.
    Pretty sure he means the software button for Power off.
    03-02-12 11:11 PM
    I upgraded the os,when I did the power button was mssing,I had rim help me over the phone,big mistake made the playbook unuseable.well I hipped it off monday feb 27,I recieved a replacement today,still no power button icon???I dont want to call them again has anyone else had this issue
    Maybe you should try their job for a week before casting stones at the support staff. I doubt their job is easy. The only mistake I took away from your posting happened when the Power icon "mysteriously" disappeared. ThePower icon is still on my tablet so the upgrade does not remove it. Did you security wipe the tablet before upgrading or perform an in-place upgrade to OS 2.0? I did in in-place upgrade. It is possible a security wipe followed by installation of OS 2.0 on the clean tablet does not include the Power icon but without more details and facts there are too many variables unaccounted in your story.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-03-12 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD