hey everyone,
    I have 2 PlayBooks that I need to have a tech look at. 1 has a defective broken USB port and 1 has the power button too sunk into the frame.

any one know any Toronto techs that can repair them?

Thanks
    02-18-14 09:50 AM
    Call BB tech support.
    They will mail you boxes with a return postage attached. They will look and fix it within 7 days and mail it back to you (new if they can't fix it).
    They will also follow up by calling and make sure you are satisfied. Send it in for repairs, don't let some bloke on the road repair it
    02-18-14 10:07 AM
    Call BB tech support.
    They will mail you boxes with a return postage attached. They will look and fix it within 7 days and mail it back to you (new if they can't fix it).
    They will also follow up by calling and make sure you are satisfied. Send it in for repairs, don't let some bloke on the road repair it
    Already did.. Both PlayBooks are out of warranty.
    02-18-14 10:49 AM
    Already did.. Both PlayBooks are out of warranty.
    Did you activate your warranty online when you bought it?
    02-18-14 04:48 PM
    Did you activate your warranty online when you bought it?
    Yes. These arent new playbooks. i've had them for someitme now.
    02-18-14 06:06 PM
    If the Power Button works but is too low, you could probably put a dab of silicone glue or sealant on it. Mine is much easier with the Otterbox case - the raised rubber nubbin provides just enough raised relief.

A laptop repair or cell phone place might be able to handle the usb issue. You could probably have them install a standard micro usb rather than the schizoid compromise (for the un-enabled usb on the go) one that's there.
    02-18-14 08:10 PM
    If the Power Button works but is too low, you could probably put a dab of silicone glue or sealant on it. Mine is much easier with the Otterbox case - the raised rubber nubbin provides just enough raised relief.

A laptop repair or cell phone place might be able to handle the usb issue. You could probably have them install a standard micro usb rather than the schizoid compromise (for the un-enabled usb on the go) one that's there.
    Hey F2.. Nice to see you

the power button seems to be too low for me to even sometimes press with my thumb. I dont want to use a paper clip or anything that'll cause any damage.

For the USB port, I'll take it to the local cell shop and see if they can repair it.
    02-19-14 08:34 AM
    Hey F2.. Nice to see you

the power button seems to be too low for me to even sometimes press with my thumb. I dont want to use a paper clip or anything that'll cause any damage.

For the USB port, I'll take it to the local cell shop and see if they can repair it.
    I drop in occasionally to check out the antics.

But in keeping with SOM's ideas - I was cross country skiing in Sun Valley and one day were were skiing and it was MINUS 9 F (-22c). Quite chilly.

I don't use the Power Buttons much. I think someone ages ago did put a small dab of something on the button it raise it.
    02-19-14 10:18 AM
    F2: Another topic. Did you ever get a Windows 8 or 10" tablet. Just bought a Toshiba Encore 8 32GB on sale at Staples and also a HP Omni 32 from Amazon. Missed out on the big Windows sale. Both tabs have good reviews on you tube. Will try both with my inexpensive Rosewill four port powered hub. Sure wish PB would allow us OTG.
    02-19-14 12:24 PM