The USB port on my PlayBook is damaged, the tab shifts. Does anyone know of a reputable repair shop in southern Ontario that might be able to fix it? I'm about 40 minutes west of BlackBerry's hometown.

The PlayBook has helped me through a 4 month hospital and 5 month convalescence home stay. I want my PlayBook back in working order.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    03-06-14 11:31 AM
    I had same problem. BlackBerry customer service got my pb fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:36 AM
    Did you go to BlackBerry directly? Or one of their vendors? If it was direct, how did you get a hold of them?

03-06-14 01:36 PM
    Did you go to BlackBerry directly? Or one of their vendors? If it was direct, how did you get a hold of them?

If it were me I wouldn't bother with repair. I would get the magnetic rapid charger and use wifi to do file transfers and sideloading.

I've never had anything on playbook that required I back it up. I save all my data files to another pc or the cloud and don't worry about the apps as they can always be reinstalled when it's time for a routine security wipe. Prefer clean installs of the apps anyway just in case the files start getting corrupted.

Ebay for the rapid charger, delivered to your home, problem solved. Don't need a usb port.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-06-14 01:47 PM
    My wifi Playbook also is damaged in the USB port. I tried calling Customer support number on its website, but it was of no help. If you call it gives you a couple of options then tells you to visit the webiste help page(where you GET the number in the first place) then hangs up on you.
    03-07-14 04:56 PM
    If it were me I wouldn't bother with repair. I would get the magnetic rapid charger and use wifi to do file transfers and sideloading.

I've never had anything on playbook that required I back it up. I save all my data files to another pc or the cloud and don't worry about the apps as they can always be reinstalled when it's time for a routine security wipe. Prefer clean installs of the apps anyway just in case the files start getting corrupted.

Ebay for the rapid charger, delivered to your home, problem solved. Don't need a usb port.
    Ebay has em for 24 bucks, Amyzon has them for 13 bucks. These are ALL I use.

Good Luck! Hope this works for you.

c
    03-07-14 05:03 PM
    I have the rapid charger. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a repair shop?

03-10-14 01:07 AM