Recently bought a playbook of a mate to use purely for browsing, which it does brilliantly. Using either default browser or origami there is no lag on the keyboard at all. However when I use ebay, as soon as I go to to the main search text box it lags horribly. The keyboard comes up but any inputs or deletes take an eternity to register?? I have turned off java script which seems to make it work alot better, however this stops me from viewing images etc. I have done a full reinstall and don't really know what else to do?? Any help appreciated.
    12-15-13 11:22 AM
    Sorry just to add this is ebay.co.uk
    12-15-13 11:26 AM
    This may help:

Exit ebay.
    Go to Content in the Browser settings.
    Turn off Load Images, Enable Flash, Enable JavaScript.
    Open ebay.
    Go back to the Browser Settings and turn Load Images, Enable Flash, Enable JavaScript back on.
    Try ebay search again.
    12-15-13 11:51 AM
    Hey thanks for suggestions. Tried this and the initial search is nice and fast. However the next time I search it has gone back to being unresponsive again?
    12-15-13 12:00 PM
    Sideload the Android eBay app - works really nicely on PlayBook. Should solve your issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:13 PM
    I noticed it slowed down again but wasn't sure if it would on ebay's UK site, too.

Have you tried ebay through OrigamiBrowser with the desktop mode off?
    12-15-13 12:20 PM
    I've tried the origami browser and it is slightly better but still not really usable. If I hit the boost (which disables java/flash?) it works perfectly but ebay brings up a message about turning java back on. If I don't I can't view any images etc on listing's. I could look at sideloading but a) I'm a bit of a novice and b) I haven't really come across anyone else with this issue so there must be a fix?? Thanks guys
    12-15-13 12:26 PM
    Snow, just tried origami with desktop off and it flies. Guess this is good enough work round unless there is a miracle cure!!! Many thanks
    12-15-13 12:30 PM
    Try this, too: Go to the ebay app and select Advanced for the search. Key your search and sweep away the keyboard and press the blue search button. Seems to always work fast but you need to keep selecting Advanced.
    12-15-13 12:40 PM
    Yep that works too. Thanks for the pointers really appreciate them. Shame it doesn't just work normally but at least I can use it now rather than keep reaching for my iphone or laptop!!
    12-15-13 01:22 PM