So where do I start?

Firstly I must state for the record I have become a bit of a PB nut.

Over the last few weeks I have bought enough cases and chargers for my PB to last until the second coming!

So what do I think of them and what are my fellow Crackberrians points of veiw?

Well here is my two pennies worth.

My preamble goes like this, my first purchase disappointed me in the beginning; as I thought I had been robbed.

I bought the "charging Pod" ( see pic.) I rushed it to the PB to connect all the cables I could to it, to maximise its potential and soften blow financially and low and behold no USB no HDMI and no LINE OUT.

OMG! RIM you Bast Ards I thought, �44 for this, I could have used my Orange tip Fast Charger and stood it up with a Plate Holder ( you know like the ones your Mum uses to stand up all those ghastly Dinner plates, that are worth a fortune now, love my Mom!).

Then typical of me I decide to buy the " Rapid Charger" as it was on special offer.

Once again I am like a kid with a new toy but this time I know what I am doing, so I plug in the Charger the USB and the HDMI connect them all to the Mains, TV, and Lap Top respectivly and hey Presto!

As I am typing this thread on my Laptop I am watching a movie stored on the PB's hardrive on my HDTV via the HDMI (the Senna one, all actual footage, amazing!) Downloading Pictures and Music to the PB from my LapTop via the USB and Charging the PB at a rapid rate via the mains.

Now that's more like it don't you think? All are working simultaneously with no drag or lag to speak of.

As for the "charging Pod" I see its function finally.

It is in the bedroom on the side table waiting for me to finish typing this, so my PB can be put to rest for the night then wake me in the morning via " Todays Alarm" app (which is free) playing my favorite music, fully charged and raring to go.

Some alarm clocks cost less than �44 but they don't look as nice for sure.

Which leaves me with the Orange Tip Charger which came with it, I now am using that to charge my 9900 which leave me with a spare to carry around during the day.

So which do I think is best? All of them of course But what do you think?

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by White9900; 01-26-12 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Typo
    AggreX and hpjrt like this.
    01-26-12 08:33 PM
    My RC pod is on my desk for the "naked" home-bound PB for the perfect viewing angle and the RC cord is the charger for the PB on-the-go in a slim case. Both chargers are equally useful and with some practice they can be attached in the dark. The RC cord is the best choice for accessing the hdmi/micro usb ports. An extra RC cord is kept at work for extra security.
    01-26-12 10:03 PM
    Does the charging pod work with any of the slim cases [specifically Incipio's feather case]? I'm really interested in the pod and am ready to take a gamble to see if I can still charge with my feather case.
    01-26-12 10:14 PM
    Rapid Charger for me.

I use my 9930 in the charging pod for my clock/alarm, so I don't need to stand my PB upright. And honestly, I don't want that huge screen next to me all night long. I use the Convertible case to stand it upright for viewing stuff too. I also don't care that's it a rapid charger either, I just like to save the usb port from when I plug it in after a night of a few too many drinks. I don't trust myself using the PB with the charger plugged into the usb port either.

The ease of use of the rapid charger is what got me..
    01-26-12 10:19 PM
    You people get that nice yellow/orange tipped usb. Thanks - I have finally seen it now in your picture. We get the drab, basic black one in the States!

I rely solely on the rapid charger for the pb and the pb's "normal" charger is used for my bb phone.
    01-26-12 10:33 PM
    Does the charging pod work with any of the slim cases [specifically Incipio's feather case]? I'm really interested in the pod and am ready to take a gamble to see if I can still charge with my feather case.

I am sure you will find that the " Charging Pod" will only work naked!

In the picture above I am using the OEM Journal Case folded back so as to access the ports, all of which are in use.

I have not found any case or skin that is designed to be used with the "charging Pod" I have tried them all Skin, Soft Shell, Journal etc. none of them work so be advised!
    Last edited by White9900; 01-26-12 at 11:00 PM.
    01-26-12 10:50 PM
    You people get that nice yellow/orange tipped usb. Thanks - I have finally seen it now in your picture. We get the drab, basic black one in the States!

I rely solely on the rapid charger for the pb and the pb's "normal" charger is used for my bb phone.

The Orange Tip is also a rapid charger but USB (it came as a free upgrade with extra plugs).

I don't know which is fastest pehaps someone knows the Tech of them all and wishes to share I would surly like to know.
    01-26-12 10:57 PM
    I am sure you will find that the " Charging Pod" will only work naked!

In the pictures below I am using the OEM Journal Case folded back so as to access the ports, all of which are in use.

I have not found any case or skin that is designed to be used with the "charging Pod" I have tried them all Skin, Soft Shell, Journal etc. none of them work so be advised!
    Thanks for the info! Not sure why no one develops a charging pod that will accommodate slim cases. For example, when the Storm phones first came out, the oem charging pods could only hold a naked Storm but Seidio came out with a pod that accommodates slim cases [unfortunately they refuse to make one for the 9850/60].
    01-26-12 11:05 PM
    Oh, for looks, I love my pod:

01-26-12 11:09 PM
    Nice pic.

Anyone else have a pic in situ of there Playbook using either a CP or RCP if so, post them!
    01-27-12 07:44 PM
    Here's a corner of my rather messy desk with Kindle3, sd card reader, Garmin Dakota and the PB being charged
    01-27-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD