Spent an evening transferring my music to my PB put on my expensive pair of headphones to listen to my tunes and what do I find out? Bluetooth headphones don't F--king work with the playbook! Compounding the issue is the fact the reason I bought a Bluetooth set was because my headphone jack on my torch 9800 crapped out! Its these little annoyances that RIM seems to make on a daily basis that make it hard for me to stay loyal to the brand! If and when the new os releases hopefully RIM will be smart enough to solve this but I wont hold my breath!
    12-16-11 12:57 AM
    upgrade to the OS 2 beta that released tonight, it this feature working now
    BBThemes likes this.
    12-16-11 12:59 AM
    Upgrade to the newest 2.0 beta released today. Bluetooth works as tested by many forum members.
    12-16-11 01:00 AM
    Thanks Its good to hear that RIM is getting its act together I'm rather leery using betas I'll wait for the official release!
    12-16-11 01:14 AM
    Spent an evening transferring my music to my PB put on my expensive pair of headphones to listen to my tunes and what do I find out? Bluetooth headphones don't F--king work with the playbook! Compounding the issue is the fact the reason I bought a Bluetooth set was because my headphone jack on my torch 9800 crapped out! Its these little annoyances that RIM seems to make on a daily basis that make it hard for me to stay loyal to the brand! If and when the new os releases hopefully RIM will be smart enough to solve this but I wont hold my breath!
    Pays to search of the forums before you buy...can help prevent you from making costly mistakes.
    12-16-11 05:18 AM
    Annoyances RIM makes on a daily basis? Dude, you need to go to the Apple forums or Galaxy Tab forums and read all the "annoyances" there. You're talking about an electronic consumer device. They ALL have "annoyances of some kind, and RIM's are less than most. If you had researched, you would have found the bluetooth issue well discussed. I'm sorry, but I fear you will will be disappointed with anything you buy electronic. Sell you BB products and buy something else. I'm sure you'll never be disappointed again
    Megacharge and esqlaw like this.
    12-16-11 07:49 AM
    There's no reason to defend RIM on this. OP's concern is correct. If Music playback device supports bluetooth, what good is it if it doesn't support bluetooth headset.

Obviously, RIM wanted to support this. This simply confirms PB was rushed to market. OS 2.0 seems like what OS 1.0 should have been.

Personally, I'm happy with the speakers on PB, or headphone jack on it. Good bluetooth headsets are too pricey for what they are worth.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:40 AM
    conix, I think we can all agree it should have been there from the start but the OP should have checked features before buying. The lack of a2dp is no secret. If you buy blind you have no business complaining about missing features.
    12-16-11 09:27 AM
    There's no reason to defend RIM on this. OP's concern is correct. If Music playback device supports bluetooth, what good is it if it doesn't support bluetooth headset.

Obviously, RIM wanted to support this. This simply confirms PB was rushed to market. OS 2.0 seems like what OS 1.0 should have been.

Personally, I'm happy with the speakers on PB, or headphone jack on it. Good bluetooth headsets are too pricey for what they are worth.
    I agree, but what I was referring to was the Op's complaint of RIM products and their "daily annoyances" which are by no means more than any other electronic device's issues. A quick visit to any phone or tablet manufacturer's forums would verify that. We are owner's of the more reliable devices. To complain about an issue that has been widely known since the release of the PB, and yet to still purchase a PB seems ridiculous, no insult intended. An observation. That's no different than my daughter, after researching and coming across all the complaints of the iPhone 4s battery life and being tied to iTunes, still buying one and then complaining about it. I told her that she had no right to complain, as she was fully aware of the issues before the purchase, having no one to blame but herself. Period. I restate, if the OP is plagued by "daily annoyances", why keep it? Get another device. Simple.
    Willard814, d3adcrab and ast_ph like this.
    12-16-11 09:36 AM
    I agree, but what I was referring to was the Op's complaint of RIM products and their "daily annoyances" which are by no means more than any other electronic device's issues. A quick visit to any phone or tablet manufacturer's forums would verify that. We are owner's of the more reliable devices. To complain about an issue that has been widely known since the release of the PB, and yet to still purchase a PB seems ridiculous, no insult intended. An observation. That's no different than my daughter, after researching and coming across all the complaints of the iPhone 4s battery life and being tied to iTunes, still buying one and then complaining about it. I told her that she had no right to complain, as she was fully aware of the issues before the purchase, having no one to blame but herself. Period. I restate, if the OP is plagued by "daily annoyances", why keep it? Get another device. Simple.

To clear up what I meant by annoyances is the fact faulty headphone jacks is a well known defect that affect multiple bb models Ive had this problem with two different Blackberries just read the forums here and you will find plenty of examples. unfortunately the headphone jack on the torch is integrated into the motherboard and is difficult and expensive to fix so that's why I bought a Bluetooth headset whereas my old curve was easy to fix as you just had to pop out the old jack and cable no soldering involved why RIM decided not to include Bluetooth music support out of the box is the main question it seems every correct step RIM does is followed by two steps back.
    12-16-11 05:57 PM
    To clear up what I meant by annoyances is the fact faulty headphone jacks is a well known defect that affect multiple bb models Ive had this problem with two different Blackberries just read the forums here and you will find plenty of examples. unfortunately the headphone jack on the torch is integrated into the motherboard and is difficult and expensive to fix so that's why I bought a Bluetooth headset whereas my old curve was easy to fix as you just had to pop out the old jack and cable no soldering involved why RIM decided not to include Bluetooth music support out of the box is the main question it seems every correct step RIM does is followed by two steps back.
    I understand. Whereas some of these issues affect a very small percentage of owners, it appears to be more widespread than it actually is due to the nature of these forums in general. The majority of owners will only post to these forums when they have a gripe or problem, not when everything is smooth sailing. That being said, I dare say that the annoyances you've experienced are a very small percentage of the devices in circulation. That doesn't lessen the annoyance to you though, and I understand that. But my point was that you singling out RIM as the only manufacturer with annoyances and problems with their product is very much incorrect. ALL of them have their issues and annoyances, and it's well documented in their respective forums, I've been to several. Again I say, if these issues are so bothersome to you, get another device. But I guarantee you'll find annoyances with whatever device you purchase. On the bluetooth, why are you complaining about an issue that you were already aware of, and if not, should have been through research, before you bought the product? It's apparently a mute point anyway, as it is now being supported in 2.xxxxx beta. Apparently late is NOT better than never
    12-16-11 06:45 PM
    If the OP had headphone jack issues with 2 BB's, perhaps it might be due to the headphones. I've had 3 BB's, and 4 others in my family, and none have had jack issues.

Or maybe I am just supremely lucky.
    12-16-11 08:22 PM
    If the OP had headphone jack issues with 2 BB's, perhaps it might be due to the headphones. I've had 3 BB's, and 4 others in my family, and none have had jack issues.

5 BBs for me and never a jack problem either. I've only encountered one, a co-worker's, and turned out to be a bad jack plug on a set of Beats
    12-16-11 10:18 PM

Two years ago my headphone jack stopped working on my curve I researched how to fix it and found out the contact pins inside the jack can bend or break this defect is found in many platforms tour, storm, 9000, 9700, and 9800 who knows how many others its well documented just google it.
    12-16-11 10:57 PM
    A little off topic, but I just cannot figure this out! I can copy a link from the address bar in the browser, but I don't seem to be able to paste it in the reply window. Apart for pressing down on the screen for a second or two, is there a shortcut for 'pasting' on the PB?
    12-17-11 01:34 AM
    A little off topic, but I just cannot figure this out! I can copy a link from the address bar in the browser, but I don't seem to be able to paste it in the reply window. Apart for pressing down on the screen for a second or two, is there a shortcut for 'pasting' on the PB?
    Nope, that is the standard method for pasting on the PB. Though it would be nice to have the paste function in the drop down menu from the top, or from another layer of the screen keyboard.
    12-17-11 01:39 AM
    Been a while for this topic. Here's mine, and it isn't technically a PlayBook rant either. I RMA'd my 32GB after both cameras died. It took RIM a month and a bunch of complaining emails for them to get around to sending me the FedEx box, but they eventually did. Sent it back and in about 2 working days it was fixed and en-route back to me. Nice!

Except that in order to clear Barbados Customs it needs a commercial invoice so they can see if there were any repair charges they can tax me for (yes, it sucks). RIM never included one, so it can't be cleared. Fine. Contact RIM, get them to fax an invoice showing any charge - in this case zip, since it was under warranty. FedEx did, and so did I.

It's been a week and my PlayBook is still at FedEx. I email RIM daily. No response.

Anybody got Thor's email?
    06-27-12 05:15 PM
    Can you call them? You would probably get a faster response.
    06-27-12 05:50 PM
    Will probably have to. I'm posting this on the wife's PlayBook - pity there's no Skype...
    06-27-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD