12-29-11 10:43 AM
47 12
tools
    It's the simple things that get over looked sometimes. Side to side will wake it up also as long as it's bezel to bezel.
    kbz1960, jafobabe, Hgouck and 1 others like this.
    12-27-11 01:05 PM
    Glad it was just a small miss on how to wake it up
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-27-11 01:06 PM
    Did that solve your battery drain too?
    Check to see what all is running on the PB.. maybe you had a Facebook or Twitter running all the time?
    That may be why you see your battery at 100% and check shortly later and see it down to 74% as stated earlier.

I believe the bezel swiping was in the Tips and Tricks Sticky somewhere? It's still a good read and many tips from all our knowledgable posters contributed to it. I just added the Support phone numbers, so it's on the last page or so.

The tutorials are great too.. Playbook 101 has lots of good vids that help explain things while you watch.

Furstation makes us all unable to describe problems in not the best way, and makes it hard for others to understand the actual problem. So at times the answer is not immediate.

No one is stupid, and no question is silly. We are here to help.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-27-11 at 02:14 PM.
    12-27-11 01:53 PM
    Also, when the PB is not going to be used for a few hours, if you put it in Airplane mode, it shuts off your Bluetooth and WiFi connection.

When you turn off the Airplane mode, I always check to make sure the WiFi and Bluetooth are connected again.

You can check on those items by tapping the Cog Wheel up in the right hand corner and scroll to the WiFi and Bluetooth areas.

EDIT: I just saw on the Crackberry front page they have the Vids again for the new users. So check there too.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-27-11 at 02:15 PM.
    12-27-11 02:06 PM
    I wish this was the end of the problems but I was using my tablet then it turned off by itself and started blinking a red light,can someone help me
    12-27-11 02:11 PM
    I wish this was the end of the problems but I was using my tablet then it turned off by itself and started blinking a red light,can someone help me
    Rim can help you. Follow jafobabe's advice and give them a call.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 02:35 PM
    From what I have read so far ... a blinking Red Light means you have a notification or a message?

I used the search at the top right of this page and put in "Playbook Red Flashing Light" Lots of posts on this issue and I only read a couple of them.
    12-27-11 02:54 PM
    From what I have read so far ... a blinking Red Light means you have a notification or a message?

I used the search at the top right of this page and put in "Playbook Red Flashing Light" Lots of posts on this issue and I only read a couple of them.
    The red glow in the top left is a notification. A blinking red led light in addition to random off would mean some sort of failure.
    I can't of anything you can do on your own beside a debrick which involves wiping and restoring the OS.
    The short directions:
    Turn off the PB. Wait a few minutes for complete power down.
    Plug into the computer via usb with desktop manager running.
    You should see a pop up with option to update.
    click update and wait.
    You will loose all data so do a backup before if there is anything you want to save.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    12-27-11 03:53 PM
    Thanks Chaddface!

I had a feeling there was more to it than I could find at the moment.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 03:57 PM
    Based on your description (100% charged, turns off, turn it back on and charging indicator says 74%) it seems like there's a problem with battery or charging system. Better call RIM for help, no one here can help with defective hardware.
    12-27-11 04:01 PM
    i actually unplugged it then it turned to 74%,if that makes a difference
    12-27-11 04:07 PM
    Sounds like you got a faulty unit, a simple call to RIM with the unit in hand should be enough to get you straigtened out. Worst case they will issue a replacement.
    12-27-11 04:07 PM
    i actually unplugged it then it turned to 74%,if that makes a difference
    And the charging indicator was saying 100% just before unplugging it? It sounds like a typical symptom when your battery is dead or about to die. Definitely not healthy system, so send it back to RIM for repair/replacement.
    12-27-11 04:09 PM
    Im unlucky when it comes to this,I charged and unplugged and it didnt turn off,numbers stayed the same,since I havent downloaded much I should restore my tablet,thanks guys,if it works,I will post of it
    12-27-11 05:08 PM
    I'm now downloading the update but it is going incredibly slow as it doesn't show how big the file is,but if it doesn't work someone who posted will,and I mean WILL not see the end of this day.
    12-28-11 07:47 PM
    Kidding about that last comment
    12-28-11 07:48 PM
    It can take some time depending on how busy the servers are. Good luck. And the end of the day is coming
    12-28-11 07:51 PM
    Playbook turned off while downloading a F******* update!!!I've had enough of this steamy pile of S***
    12-28-11 09:51 PM
    Call RIM...........or send it to me.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-28-11 09:54 PM
    Honestly I'd rather GAG on a D*** than spending DAYS FIXING A TABLET THAT IS F****** NOT WORKING
    12-28-11 10:45 PM
    OK then be an . I don't care.
    12-29-11 05:28 AM
    You have been given some good ideas. The unit has a warranty if it is defective. I don't recall when you purchased it but if appropriate return it to the store.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    12-29-11 10:43 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD