Hello,I've gotten a Playbook for Christmas and aside from the "Blackberry ID cannot be verified" problem the random turning off is getting annoying.I just tried posting this and the Playbook turned off.Is there a solution to this?I've yet to see one.
    12-26-11 11:41 PM
    Is it actually turning off or is the screen just going black? If it is the later, click the cog to get to the PB settings, select screen and change your time out settings. For plugged in mode I set my time-outs to 5 min and no dimming and put it to sleep manually when I am done using it.
    12-26-11 11:51 PM
    off,like,OFF.Cant even turn it on without charging too
    12-26-11 11:55 PM
    also if i leave it untouched,no standby or anything,it also turns off
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-26-11 11:57 PM
    Is the PB able to come on when it is on the charger? And have you been able to finish the setup?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-26-11 11:57 PM
    setup as in what?also yes about turning on with a charger,takes a while though,idk what a red on and off led light is or what it means
    12-27-11 12:05 AM
    Ok, bear with me.. it would be best if you would read the Tips and Tricks of the Playbook, it will tell you how to set it up... Click on the link below my signature.

The blinking light means there is not enough juice to operate the playbook.

We are here to help you.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 12:12 AM
    ok thanks,i kinda feel your irritated,but whatever
    12-27-11 12:14 AM
    No not irritated, nor is it a problem.. just trying to help you.

You just might have missed a step in setting the playbook up right.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 12:17 AM
    can you show me where in there it talks about setup?thanks
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 12:27 AM
    Sure hang on...

1st thing: When batteries lie dead for a while the playbook does funny stuff. That's why its best to keep it charged somewhat,. I don't let mine get below 50% but just as a safety measure. To make it worse the early operating system would not charge if the unit was turned off, so chances are the battery is drained. When you take it out of the box it may seem dead - but likely the battery is - this is tricky because if the OS is not upgraded from an earlier version, it will not charge unless the OS is booted, but will not boot unless charged - catch-22.

The solution I believe is to plug in the charger (be sure its the one that came with the unit) then do the three button reset - hold the + and - volume buttons and the power button - all three at once for over ten seconds - then release. Then just let it charge before doing anything.

You may see a green LED pulsing on and off then goes steady green, or you may just see the red LED flash once - be patient.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-27-11 at 12:38 AM.
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-27-11 12:29 AM
    and this is the official setup instructions from Crackberry....there are a whole lot of subjects on the Playbook, and if you get stuck on anything, you can always go up to the top of this page and type in Playbook 101 and scroll down to the one that would help you.

Playbook 101 setting up ...using some videos to help

BlackBerry PlayBook Setup | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-27-11 at 12:44 AM.
    Willard814 and Hgouck like this.
    12-27-11 12:37 AM
    i did all of that.dammit
    12-27-11 12:43 AM
    Sorry that you are frustrated, but getting mad is not helping your situation.

I don't know what else I can help you with..Maybe someone will come in and be better able to explain this for you.

Hope you can find your solution.
    12-27-11 12:48 AM
    What does the battery indicate for your charging percentage?

Explain (without the elatives please) what happened when you upgraded your OS (you mentioned there was a recognition problem).
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-27-11 at 12:52 AM.
    KidCuDiWINS likes this.
    12-27-11 12:49 AM
    I know for sure my battery is not dead,but it acts like it is,and the BBID problem was in app world,upgrading my OS when I first used it was no problem,let alone the first night using it,no problems at all
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 09:36 AM
    also my tablet was just charged at 100% and i unplugged it,the thing turned off,i turned it on and the battery was at 74%......
    12-27-11 09:44 AM
    The pb has a one year warranty,and a 90 day free Tech support. But if you have a charging issue that should be a warranty claim.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    kbz1960 and Willard814 like this.
    12-27-11 11:14 AM
    i dont want to return this anytime soon,i just want to know if there is a fix to this
    12-27-11 11:19 AM
    The Tech Support can help you, it's a free call within the 90 days.. you dont have to return it if they know of a fix.

They may send you a new one and a return box for you to send in the problem one.

Give it a try and let us know what they say.
    12-27-11 11:35 AM
    I don't enjoy calling Tech Support people,they're usually lazy and don't care.I emailed the support email you linked and I guess I have to wait a few days until I can get a response.I even wanted to buy a few apps to start playing with the tablet but these problems might get in the way.
    12-27-11 11:52 AM
    forget that,They were unable to process the request as I need a INC number or something,I will continue to dig for more info though,or if someone here can take a read and knows what to do
    12-27-11 11:55 AM
    You do know that when the pb times out all you have to do swipe from bezel to bezel to wake it up?
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-27-11 11:55 AM
    forget that,They were unable to process the request as I need a INC number or something,I will continue to dig for more info though,or if someone here can take a read and knows what to do
    That was awfully fast. I don't understand your reluctance to call them. If it is a faulty unit it is the only way it will be fixed by a replacement.
    12-27-11 11:57 AM
    Actually,just watching a tutorial,I didn't know while the device is in standby mode,you swipe top to bottom,not side to side,I guess my problem is fixed now,sometimes I'm just stupid.Thanks for the help guys.
    12-27-11 12:01 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD