I needed to contact my brother recently and I am not allowed to carry my ipad with me. I am allowed to carry a playbook with me as it is considered secure for some reason but what I would like to know is would it be worth me buying one and what is the difference in security between the playbook and ipad?. Thanks
    11-03-13 11:55 AM
    What is the context? Are you a child contacting your brother? Or a corporate employee with a secure phone system?

If the pb only Bridges to a BB phone (bb os7 or earlier), you can bridge it and read email and have contacts, etc but if the bridge connection is terminated or broken by distance, none of that email or calendar or contacts remains on the pb.

I think there are other corporate strategies that can separate utility of the pb but I'm not involved in that type of use so don't know much about it.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-03-13 02:57 PM
    Not sure what would make a PlayBook secure... unless your employer can "manage" only BlackBerry devices...

In that case are they going to require you to allow them to put restrictions that would prevent you from "communicating"?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:51 PM
    This has now gone beyond a joke. The OP is in fact my brother who has just returned from overseas. He asked a legitimate question about purchasing a pb and I posted a brief reply to tell him I would sort it out later with him. I am in the USA and he is in England and he wants to video call me. I have just checked this thread and as he confirmed to me on the phone just now, he never read the post because it has been deleted! I have not been informed why it has been deleted and as I have already helped him over the phone that leads me to believe that there is no reason for this site to exist at all. Or let me guess it's just another moderator with an over inflated ego because of his title thinking he or she knows best. Do what you will I'm out of here.
    11-04-13 09:44 AM
    At one point this am, it was listed twice. Probably didn't see the "lower listed" post with your response/directions @ home.????

c
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 11-04-13 at 10:29 AM.
    11-04-13 10:00 AM
    It still is posted twice. I just saw the other one which had other replies including SOM's.
    11-04-13 10:13 AM
    It still is posted twice. I just saw the other one which had other replies including SOM's.
    Yes there are two threads with the same name from HelliS22. One started @ 12:47 and the other at 12:55 yesterday.
    I see the family resemblance with the Avatars.
    Carl Estes and dazzleaj like this.
    11-04-13 10:39 AM
    Yes there are two threads with the same name from HelliS22. One started @ 12:47 and the other at 12:55 yesterday.
    Yep. Still there.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rchase-869185/
    11-04-13 10:48 AM
    I think that is where the "confusion lays", didn't see the lower listing with SOM's response to his kin.

c
    11-04-13 10:58 AM
    I see from my brothers notes that you are who he calls "the duck"? I will refrain from any further comments in his notes about you?
    dphjeff, Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    11-04-13 11:02 AM
    I see from my brothers notes that you are who he calls "the duck"? I will refrain from any further comments in his notes about you?
    It has to be all good! Ignore where it says kill the duck, cook the duck, ect.
    11-04-13 11:08 AM
    Just pet the Duck......

c
    11-04-13 11:12 AM
    Oh my................SOM really did keep a list. Time to reinforce the bunker
    11-04-13 11:14 AM
    So far it very complimentary indeed, but there are two pages left that I need to read so I will be guided by your advice.
    11-04-13 11:15 AM
    Just pet the Duck......

c
    I don't like my feathers ruffled. Keep the petting to your self.
    11-04-13 11:16 AM
    So far it very complimentary indeed, but there are two pages left that I need to read so I will be guided by your advice.
    Heh heh heh.......

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-04-13 11:16 AM
    Your in trouble if you take our advice!
    Cynycl, jpash549 and Carl Estes like this.
    11-04-13 11:20 AM
    Your in trouble if you take our advice!
    That's what he said but I like to make my own mind up. You are all a bit on the "fringe" shall we say but so far I am struggling to see what has upset him so much about this site?
    dphjeff, Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    11-04-13 11:23 AM
    That's what he said but I like to make my own mind up. You are all a bit on the "fringe" shall we say but so far I am struggling to see what has upset him so much about this site?
    Well first he was chased out of his cellar by a 6 foot mouse and then he couldn't work his popcorn machine. It went rapidly downhill from there
    11-04-13 11:27 AM
    I bet you will find a list for that too.
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    11-04-13 11:29 AM
    Well first he was chased out of his cellar by a 6 foot mouse and then he couldn't work his popcorn machine. It went rapidly downhill from there
    My brother doesn't even like popcorn? Are we talking about the same person?
    11-04-13 11:31 AM
    I'm sure if you read his 6000 + posts you'll find out a lot about your brother you didn't know. (or want to know for that matter)
    11-04-13 11:33 AM
    We are never sure who we are talking to or about on this forum. And which of your "sibling's" multiple personalities are you talking about? By the way your spelling and grammar are very good.
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    11-04-13 11:45 AM
    I'm sure if you read his 6000 + posts you'll find out a lot about your brother you didn't know. (or want to know for that matter)
    We spend most of the time in separate parts of the world and always have done. The closest we have been in the last ten years is when he took his last holiday on a cruise. It is also not always easy for us to communicate hence the reason for wanting a pb?
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    11-04-13 11:45 AM
    We are never sure who we are talking to or about on this forum. And which of your "sibling's" multiple personalities are you talking about? By the way your spelling and grammar are very good.
    Well I personally am referring to my brother Michael. You must be "the old black and white house"?
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    11-04-13 11:48 AM
56 123