Thinking of picking this up tomorrow. I have a nook HD that the wife uses occasionally and I never use. I'd like to use this for hdmi to TV and maybe for some text and email responses with bridge since it has a mini keyboard case. I love love love my z10 and I know playbook os is not the same or feature rich even in 2.0 form.

I've also been traveling a bit and thought this might make a good companion while stuck in airports.

Somebody convince me NOT to get this. For the price of an electronic picture frame I feel like there's no reason NOT to pick it up. Is that cool alarm app still available I read about recently?
    06-03-14 11:13 PM
    Thinking of picking this up tomorrow. I have a nook HD that the wife uses occasionally and I never use. I'd like to use this for hdmi to TV and maybe for some text and email responses with bridge since it has a mini keyboard case. I love love love my z10 and I know playbook os is not the same or feature rich even in 2.0 form.

I've also been traveling a bit and thought this might make a good companion while stuck in airports.

Somebody convince me NOT to get this. For the price of an electronic picture frame I feel like there's no reason NOT to pick it up. Is that cool alarm app still available I read about recently?
    People are paying $100+ on eBay for the OEM mini keyboard case alone - if that's what it comes with.
    06-03-14 11:18 PM
    Wow, paid $300 for my 64GB and another $600 for three 16GB Playbooks...happy with all 4 of 'em...
    Great deal for ya!

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-07-14 02:42 AM
    Sounds like a great deal to me.

Posted with my Z30 from CB10
    06-07-14 07:39 AM

Well, your post is from a few days ago and you contemplated making the purchase the next day. Maybe I am too late to stop you, but I'll say my piece anyway. Pay attention to cbvinh's post about the mini keyboard case - only the OEM keyboard case, i.e., by BlackBerry, is highly sought after and being sold at that high price. Only then would the deal you are looking at be worth it. Otherwise, I do not think it is a good deal. After-market keyboard cases can be found on Amazon and other sites for around $20.00 brand new. I have seen some for even less, like $16.99 or so if you catch a good sale.

If the case is an OEM case, it may be a good idea to take that deal for the case (for possible resale) but I think it is not necessarily the right PlayBook for you. It is only a 16 GB model. Your needs do not appear to include a keyboard. As far as writing goes, you said you would use the PlayBook "maybe for some text and email responses". That, in my opinion is not enough writing to require a keyboard case. Furthermore, you also said you would be traveling quite a bit and it would be helpful during waits at airports. Do you really need the added bulk of a keyboard case for your PlayBook during your travels? Maybe if you plan to write a lot but I think you were probably referring to its entertainment value.

If it is entertainment you want, I suggest you consider either the 32 GB or 64 GB model so you can load more music, books, movies, etc., on it so you will have lots to keep you from being bored if you are without wifi. You said you'd like to use it "for hdmi to TV" so entertainment seems to be your main criteria for getting a PlayBook. You should be happier with one with a larger storage capacity. As you can see from the various threads in this PlayBook forum, even the 64 GB model can be had for under a hundred bucks.

Good luck!
    06-07-14 01:01 PM