Recently picked up a PlayBook and love it! With love comes protection and I'm basically looking for something to cover the back and sides of the PlayBook that not only feels and looks good, but also does a good job of protecting the mentioned areas from scratches and scuffs. I've been to several Best Buys today and a Staples and they were completely out of anything PlayBook related so I couldn't even get a chance to sample. Any recommendations?
    11-25-11 07:41 PM
    Check out the CB store. You will find a variety of choices.
    11-25-11 07:48 PM
    This is a popular case. I've had it for a couple months now and really like it:

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics

Good reviews there too. :-)
    11-25-11 07:51 PM
    Check out the CB store. You will find a variety of choices.
    Problem with the CB store is you can't really tell the feel or the full protective capabilities from their pictures/description...

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics

Thanks, it indeed is a nice case! However it does not protect the sides...
    11-25-11 07:55 PM
    I picked up the otterbox defender from amazon... this case seems AWESOME!!.. adds a little bulk but nothing major for the protection it gives.
    11-25-11 08:07 PM
    I second on the Otter box defender case. it is awesome! check youtube for a demo on the playbook case.
    11-25-11 08:33 PM
    Are you looking for a case to take it on a construction site or office or to take around town?
    11-25-11 08:33 PM
    I third the otterbox. I used mine as a recipe book a few times now. I'm pretty certain I would have had trouble using it in a less protective case around flour, butter, milk and cocoa powder as well as chopped carrots, fennel, onions, etc.
    11-25-11 09:25 PM
    blurex..... i like...
    11-25-11 10:55 PM

I have a Blurex myself and love it. Very functional with good protection. I have also wrapped my Playbook with a Gelaskin. They come in 100's of different pictures, colors and themes.
    11-25-11 11:28 PM
    I was looking for something more along the lines of the BlackBerry skin case, but with a different texture... mainly something to protect the edges and the back from wear and tear. Wouldn't mind the Blurex or anything similar to that except it seems like those types of leather cases don't protect the edges.
    11-26-11 12:41 AM
    i found a nice case on amazon for .01 cent (4 bucks with shipping) as well as a few other things...just type playbook accessories and you'll see what i mean.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 11-28-11 at 01:10 AM.
    11-26-11 01:31 AM
    Don't forget Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever

I've been using these screen protectors since my Zen Vision:M days. Best on the market and I have no interest in them... just a very satisfied customer. Sale going on now too.

Gawain

ps. My gawd, follow their instruction to-the-letter and you'll be happy.
    11-26-11 08:04 AM
    Another vote for the Otterbox Defender. My wife is jealous of mine, but doesn't like the black color. If they had it in the Breast Cancer awareness colors (white and pink) like the cover for her 9700, she would have snapped it up in a second.
    11-26-11 08:20 AM
    I have the Blurex also, find it very good. However if u just want to protect the sides and the back you can look at the Incipio feather here at CB shopping, I have it and like it a lot... the only concern with cases is that the PB can heat up while doing intensive work, and the cases are not that efficient to dissipate the heat. I had problems so now the PB sits naked and goes into cases as and when required.
    11-26-11 08:23 AM
    Case Mate Pop Case. Slim, lightweight, SOLVES the power button issue.
    11-26-11 08:47 AM
    Couldn't find any place that ships the Blurex outside US but I did find some cases on ebay.
    Ordered mine from here. Seems to be very similar to the Blurex and only $17.
    Not really looking for max protection, just a lightweight folder case that doesn't cover the bezel and openings for the ports.

Also found one unusual case that rotates so it's in potrait mode when it's on the stand but I'm not sure I like the look of the back.
    Last edited by morph_ca; 11-26-11 at 10:46 AM.
    11-26-11 10:42 AM
    With love comes protection and I'm basically looking for something to cover the back and sides of the PlayBook that not only feels and looks good, but also does a good job of protecting the mentioned areas from scratches and scuffs
    For $5 check out this case that keeps the PB thin and protected from scratches. The only negatives are no camera hole (drill your own). Ez to remove for pics. Price changes by the minute.

Attachment 97647

Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Brown Leather Case for RIM Blackberry PlayBook. CrazyOnDigital Retail Package: Electronics
    11-26-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD