So CrackBerry,
    Ive had my PB since launch date in Canada. Ive done a swap for a brand new one a couple months ago with RIM. I own a 32G and i found something rather odd. Is it possible that if i put to much content on the tablet it just nukes itself? Heres what happened.
    I downloaded a bunch of Videos and some albums i wanted to use on my PlayBook last week. Everything was working fine once that finished but the day after i tried to use my PB and nothing. The red LED occasionally comes on briefly but thats it. ive tried master resets, Power all 3 buttons, power vol up & down, just power, Plugging into rapid charger, plugging into pb charger, plugging into dm. After all that still nothing. sometimes i see the back light on but nothing displays on the screen. It just doesn't want to work! I need my Tab for work and school so I need to get this thing functional. Im still quite bitter about paying 700 bucks for it but its done well for me until now.

Please help!
    01-18-12 01:37 PM
    What OS are you on?
    01-18-12 01:50 PM
    Sounds like an HD failure (although I don't think it was because of all the content you put on it). You might have to RMA it.

Hope you get it resolved quickly.
    01-18-12 01:54 PM
    Go the debrick way and it might just solve the issue.

Connect the PB to your computer with the desktop manager running and the PB switched off-- do a hard reset while the PB is connected to the comp---- as the PB is booting or not a message should come with repair/reinstall OS--- hit it.

Good luck.
    01-18-12 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone! Im running the newest 2.0 beta. RMA's take forever and its not something I wanna do unless I absolutely have to in the end. Going to try anindoc's method. Will post back. Out of curiosity has anyone else seen something like this?
    Last edited by ACFP3; 01-18-12 at 02:05 PM.
    01-18-12 02:00 PM
    Still nothing. If it were living I would kill it.
    01-18-12 02:04 PM
    yeah I had something like this. My issue was a complete battery drain and when I attempted to charge it, it just won't charge. You must use the included bb charger and do a volume up/down plus power button hold for about 10 seconds. Then wait for it to boot. It shouldn't take for more than a minute to see some activity. Good luck!

edit: did you by any chance turn off the pb before trying the dm route?
    Last edited by bluenose363; 01-18-12 at 02:10 PM.
    01-18-12 02:06 PM
    yeah I had something like this. My issue was a complete battery drain and when I attempted to charge it, it just won't charge. You must use the included bb charger and do a volume up/down plus power button hold for about 10 seconds. Then wait for it to boot. It shouldn't take for more than a minute to see some activity. Good luck!

edit: did you by any chance turn off the pb before trying the dm route?
    Tried and still nothing, thats what ive been doing this entire time. I just dont understand how this could happen. The problem is though that my PlayBook was fully charged! Its not about battery. Yes it was off when i plugged it into dm and the computer doesnt even read the device.
    01-18-12 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone! Im running the newest 2.0 beta. RMA's take forever and its not something I wanna do unless I absolutely have to in the end. Going to try anindoc's method. Will post back. Out of curiosity has anyone else seen something like this?
    There ya' go.
    01-18-12 02:34 PM
    I am sorry you are having any problems. But......it amazes me how many of these threads are started only to find out the OP is running a 2.0 beta. It may or may not be the problem but the first thing to do so go back to 1.8 OS.
    01-18-12 02:47 PM
    Could that really lead to the problem? It was running fine with the same os before I put the content. Now there isnt even a way for me to downgrade!
    01-18-12 02:47 PM
    Could that really lead to the problem? It was running fine with the same os before I put the content. Now there isnt even a way for me to downgrade!
    Like the farmer said when his mule dropped dead. "Well, he never did that before?" ;-)
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-18-12 02:54 PM
    01-18-12 02:55 PM
    You could give one more try. Make sure it is really off. A darkened closet and make sure it is not a backlit gray screen.

Plug in to ac adapter and leave it alone for 3 or 4 hours.

Then try the debrick again:

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-18-12 03:02 PM
    Hi i just went through the same thing the other day.My playbook just nuked itself.If your playbook is blinking a red light twice and then a pause ,that means the device does not have a OS on it. If you cant connect to the dm and the "debrick" metbod does not work as it did not for me then try this...first hold only the power button in for 30 seconds, this will turn of the device completely.Second ,uninstall the dm and all the saved settings that go with it.Next,reinstall the dm after you have rebooted your pc after the uninstall, and then connect your playbook and turn it on via the power button once it is connected.This should work for you as i said the same thing happened to me and i tried everything else and nothing worked.I would get the error after i hit the update button on dm. Also the battery can not charge without a os on the device so if your getting the two red blinking lights and then a pause,plugging it in will do nothing but if yours nuked with a decent amount of battery like mine did then you should be good to go.Good luck!
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 01-18-12 at 05:44 PM.
    01-18-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD