Got my playbook yesterday! I was sooo excited until I started using it! First, it got stuck on the opening screen after it downloaded its new software and tech support said to turn it off for 10-15 mins and try starting it up again. An hour later it started working. I still can't make the bridge software work- my bold 9650 says that its "looking for bridge" and my playbook says "waiting for device 9650". Or something like that! Anyone else having trouble getting bridge to work? It froze again at open screen for 5 minutes this morning again after charging all night... I downloaded a couple apps to read and then tried to delete- can't figure out how? Anyone? Downloaded some apps for the kids- 1/2 didn't even work...
    I'm so frustrated! I was so looking forward to the playbook! Love the size, screen is beautiful, sound is good, but I am having a little trouble getting used to navigation and the other problems mentioned above any help would be much appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 02:59 PM
    Did you connect with Bluetooth before trying bridge?

Idk about the rest.

04-20-11 03:01 PM
    Sounds like i'm not the only one having problems with playbook , totally not happy with it Im going to take it back to the store on monday.
    04-24-11 08:09 PM
    make sure ur phone has bt on and is discoverable .and to delete the apps go in to app world and under my world u can delete them .
    04-24-11 09:04 PM
    Got my playbook yesterday! I was sooo excited until I started using it! First, it got stuck on the opening screen after it downloaded its new software and tech support said to turn it off for 10-15 mins and try starting it up again. An hour later it started working. I still can't make the bridge software work- my bold 9650 says that its "looking for bridge" and my playbook says "waiting for device 9650". Or something like that! Anyone else having trouble getting bridge to work? It froze again at open screen for 5 minutes this morning again after charging all night... I downloaded a couple apps to read and then tried to delete- can't figure out how? Anyone? Downloaded some apps for the kids- 1/2 didn't even work...
    I'm so frustrated! I was so looking forward to the playbook! Love the size, screen is beautiful, sound is good, but I am having a little trouble getting used to navigation and the other problems mentioned above any help would be much appreciated!

You can delete your apps from App World itself, or by selecting and holding the icon until it wobbles, take your finger away and hit the small garbage can, then confirm but hitting Delete. You can select any of the tabs like ALL, MEDIA, etc to go back to normal view.

In regards to the Bridge issues. I would suggest starting over from step 1, you can follow the step-by-step instructions found in one of the various bridge help posts.
    04-24-11 09:11 PM
    Sounds like a you problem, not a device prob if you are having self-stated navigation problems. Watch the setup videos by crackberry for those and connectivity issues.
    04-24-11 10:01 PM
    Got my 9650 up and running flawlessly with my pb... what bb os are you running?
    04-24-11 10:06 PM
    perspective1 loves the ======>~~~~~

yes thats what its come down to cause you don't respond to intelligent comments...
    04-24-11 11:28 PM
    try hard reset..
    04-24-11 11:44 PM
    User error
    04-24-11 11:51 PM
    04-24-11 11:53 PM
    funny, the only real problems ive had with the playbook are things that can be fixed with some firmware updates (hopefully). like autocorrect, bbm in bridge, etc

sorry to hear youre having so many issues. it really is an amazing piece of technology
    04-24-11 11:55 PM
    funny, the only real problems ive had with the playbook are things that can be fixed with some firmware updates (hopefully). like autocorrect, bbm in bridge, etc

sorry to hear youre having so many issues. it really is an amazing piece of technology

Judging from the posts here, it would seem that you and I are the only ones who are not experiencing problems and dropped connections, dead/inert pixels, Bridge problems, etc...

I had no problems oob, and continue to have no problems with the upgrade. I had a bit of a snafu(Error on my part) mixing up my BES and BIS phone, forcing me to manual pair one of them, but nothing like the amount of problems some people are facing.
    04-25-11 12:11 AM
    Judging from the posts here, it would seem that you and I are the only ones who are not experiencing problems and dropped connections, dead/inert pixels, Bridge problems, etc...

I had no problems oob, and continue to have no problems with the upgrade. I had a bit of a snafu(Error on my part) mixing up my BES and BIS phone, forcing me to manual pair one of them, but nothing like the amount of problems some people are facing.
    no i have not had any issues like that. it seems like the keyboard glitches sometimes but it still works. maybe we are just lucky...

i am scared of the dead pixel thing though, i have seen some apps for it and i thought that was a thing of the technology past. i have been using the playbook since release date here in canada
    04-25-11 12:20 AM
    no i have not had any issues like that. it seems like the keyboard glitches sometimes but it still works. maybe we are just lucky...

i am scared of the dead pixel thing though, i have seen some apps for it and i thought that was a thing of the technology past. i have been using the playbook since release date here in canada
    I have had mine for close to three weeks, and in that time I have had to download and install more than a few updates. I am glad it's down to two now. I haven't drained my battery fully (too many horror stories). I may give it a go this week-end and see if she starts back up again. If I haven't seen the dead pixels by now, then I probably wont. Anything else I am sure will be corrected by RIM in time. I am a patient guy, been waiting for this PB for a long time, what's a few more weeks as long as I get to play with it in the meantime...lol
    04-25-11 12:27 AM
    the only problem i had was with the bridge, however it was mostly my fault for not having both devices discoverable, and an old os on the phone. after updated os it works great with torch. bridge browser is slow and more apps will come in time. awesome so far
    04-25-11 01:36 AM
    Sounds like i'm not the only one having problems with playbook , totally not happy with it Im going to take it back to the store on monday.
    that's a boy...now you can buy an iPad.
    04-28-11 06:22 AM

I have a perfect solution. Buy an iPad. That should solve all your problems.
    04-28-11 06:24 AM
    the only problem i had was with the bridge, however it was mostly my fault for not having both devices discoverable, and an old os on the phone. after updated os it works great with torch. bridge browser is slow and more apps will come in time. awesome so far
    One thing I have found that improves speed of Bridge browsing is to make sure that the Flash is set to "off".
    04-28-11 07:58 AM
    I swear my playbook is possessed. Just in the last week it's had a mind of it's own. Apps opening by them selves. The key pad pops up and begins typing randon S. Then when I try and reboot it, it's a struggle to keep it from scrolling. It slowly has gotten worst. Rebooting more then 3-4 times a day. It only works for a little bit, then begins to act crazy again. I have done a complete wipe and still the problems are there. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    08-15-11 08:49 PM
    Does this happen when you are charging the unit or it is plugged into a computer? Are you near a source of electromagnetic current or any other electric/electronic device?
    08-15-11 09:29 PM
    Be patient and do some research OP. All of the answers are in these forums and if not there are a lot of helpful geniuses in here to help. Don't rush to judgment based on first impressions and shallow research.
    08-16-11 03:34 AM
    I swear my playbook is possessed. Just in the last week it's had a mind of it's own. Apps opening by them selves. The key pad pops up and begins typing randon S. Then when I try and reboot it, it's a struggle to keep it from scrolling. It slowly has gotten worst. Rebooting more then 3-4 times a day. It only works for a little bit, then begins to act crazy again. I have done a complete wipe and still the problems are there. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Could this be the same issue?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...erters-638560/

I "liked" your post to get your attention, don't let it go to your head ha ha!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 04:30 AM.
    08-16-11 04:23 AM
    Does this happen when you are charging the unit or it is plugged into a computer? Are you near a source of electromagnetic current or any other electric/electronic device?
    It happens both ways. The only time I can keep it from going crazy is turning it off. Now after the wipe it has gotten better...but it still wants to go a Little crazy. Tjis is how it started out the first time. It just progressively got worse. I'm really at my witts end here. Is there are any other ideas or suggestions. They would be gladly appreciated.

08-17-11 08:10 PM
    Is it under warranty or in the store return period? (Sorry if I missed that... haven't read back all the way.)
    08-17-11 08:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD