Read a couple of threads regarding wifi printing off the PlayBook, but was wondering if there is any updated information.

In short, is it possible to print off the PB using a wireless printer over wifi?

Not long now........
    04-18-11 09:43 PM
    Until you brought this up, I hadn't even thought of printing wirelessly with the Playbook. If this becomes possible, that would be a sweet addition.
    04-18-11 09:45 PM
    Not now, but it would be cool for wifi/ethernet printing for somebody to add drivers. I won't print with it, but businesses sure would.
    04-18-11 10:12 PM
    does DLNA cover printing?
    04-18-11 11:36 PM
    I was just thinking about this earlier! My daughter loves to print photos off her ipod touch, we have a canon app that supports it so she can print any picture off her ipod. Yes, she wastes a bit of photo paper, but it's cool. I'd love to be able to print things, but I wonder about the drivers and how many printers would support that. It would be great, more things like that and the less I need to sit with my laptop!
    04-18-11 11:56 PM
    does DLNA cover printing?
    Yeah you can get dlna certified printing. I haven't read much on wifi printing but it would be silly to see this left out. especially in applications like the browser, docs to go and the photo gallery.
    04-18-11 11:57 PM
    I'm sure they'll eventually add this feature, afterall...what's a business that can't email,scan, copy or print.
    04-18-11 11:58 PM
    Something I just thought about and wonder if the PB may eventually have added to the accessories. I bought a cheap tablet while waiting for the PB release and it had an adapter for connecting an external mouse, keyboard and ethernet. Not that I would always use but may be helpful for some users.
    04-21-11 10:13 PM
    Something I just thought about and wonder if the PB may eventually have added to the accessories. I bought a cheap tablet while waiting for the PB release and it had an adapter for connecting an external mouse, keyboard and ethernet. Not that I would always use but may be helpful for some users.
    You can already connect with almost any bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

Cheers,
    04-21-11 10:33 PM
    I use Google Cloud Print. Once setup, send pics or docs as an attachment to a gmail account. Then log in to gmail using your PB's browser and click on the print link next to the attachment. Neat workaround until a better solution comes around.
    More info: Cloud printing on the go - Official Google Mobile Blog
    04-22-11 02:18 AM
    Google Cloud printing does and does not work. If you have a Gmail account and are in the Gmail app and have setup Cloud Printing on your computer in Google Chrome then you can print an email. I have not seen when I can print anything else.
    04-23-11 02:05 PM
    iRobot ePad by chance?
    04-23-11 02:53 PM
    I'm using the HP ePrintCenter function of my HP printer for now. Will be nice to have a direct wifi connected printer though.
    04-23-11 02:59 PM
    if you use the wireless transfer there is a print directory on the Playbook, i suspect it will be a cache until you hit the home printer or print anywhere type of thing in an eventual upgrade
    04-23-11 03:07 PM
    Would it be necessary for the Playbook to have "drivers" installed on it in order to print to whatever wireless or network printers that we may have? If so, I could see this being highly unlikely to happen given the quantity and variety of printers available and the fact that the Playbook is a niche market player at the moment.
    MjrBad likes this.
    05-07-11 07:17 PM
    If there is one function this tablet needs, it is the ability to print. Heck, i can print from my 9700 so I certainly should be able to print from my PB.
    05-07-11 09:06 PM
    Read a couple of threads regarding wifi printing off the PlayBook, but was wondering if there is any updated information.

In short, is it possible to print off the PB using a wireless printer over wifi?

Not long now........
    you can print off the playbook if you have an hp e printer, because the printer is given an email address and you just send whatever pic or doc you want to print to the printers email address and it prints just the same as sending from a cell phone.
    05-07-11 09:33 PM
    you can print... download Print Tool from App World
    05-15-11 03:51 PM
    Have u used the Print Tool from app world? It looks like you have to copy and paste into a box then print. I'll try it out when I get home, but at a glance....its not a print function in the traditional sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 04:24 PM
    you are right^ but its better than nothing i guess
    05-15-11 04:31 PM
    i read the reviews on printing tool, the one says you can't use it because of the IP's or something, does that make any sense?
    05-15-11 06:49 PM
    well before you do IP...ya gotta copy. something i cant seem to do from a bridge message. anyone else?
    05-15-11 07:55 PM
    apps will need to come out to support printing. i have a brother wifi printer and they came out with an app for the ipad for printing and scanning wirelessly. on the ipad i can print over wifi.

hopefully we see apps like that come to appworld
    05-15-11 08:45 PM
    The Print Tool in App World will only work with a wireless printer. Network printers - those physically attached to a computer and shared across the network - will not work as they do not have an IP address. (And yes, that was my review in AppWorld that said that.)
    05-15-11 09:48 PM
    I would love to see an easy way to print from my PlayBook. I get roughly 35-55 emails a day, and half of them have information that i need printed out. I also do deal alot with various PDF drawing that i installed on my playbook that i would love to print out for customers. With the print app does it allow you to print these pdf docs that are not in an email? Also, from what is said above, if my companies 20 printers are all network printers the print app will NOT work with these?
    06-01-11 08:51 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD