Just a heads up on the updated prices:

BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US
    Maestra likes this.
    01-28-12 11:27 PM
    With the sale ending on the 28th does anyone believe that we might get 2.0 sooner than thought. Fingers crossed!
    01-28-12 11:31 PM
    With the sale ending on the 28th does anyone believe that we might get 2.0 sooner than thought. Fingers crossed!
    I think the sale end date is for the old $299/$299/$299 sale and will be updated soon.
    01-28-12 11:34 PM
    I just hate that i spended so much now its on sale smh.
    01-28-12 11:35 PM
    I just hate that i spended so much now its on sale smh.
    Just before i read this i was thinking. whats the value of the upcoming software update. Its a big update, maket value would be say 59.99. But product value i believe is bigger. It completes the product.
    All tablets are coming down in price, but for the i product.
    I wish my first pb was as cheep as they are now. I to paid full price but i have no regrets. What the market does is not how i value my purchase. I did buy one for my gf at the new discount price though, so my overall price is better.
    fj_cruiser and Azeron like this.
    01-28-12 11:54 PM
    I think the sale end date is for the old $299/$299/$299 sale and will be updated soon.
    Sounds right.... Fingers still crossed.
    01-28-12 11:56 PM
    Just before i read this i was thinking. whats the value of the upcoming software update. Its a big update, maket value would be say 59.99. But product value i believe is bigger. It completes the product.
    I wish my first pb was as cheep as they are now. I to paid full price but i have no regrets. What the market does is not how i value my purchase. I did buy one for my gf at the new discount price though, so my overall price is better.
    It's coming. I just know 2.0 will be great.
    01-29-12 12:30 AM
    Well, the average price has just dropped again Seriously, though, normalizing the price distribution between the models makes me wonder again what the $299/$299/$299 pricing was about, since it certainly would not sell 16GB and 32GB models...
    01-29-12 12:38 AM
    That was exactly the point. For $699 on a 64GB PB they were probably sitting on a huge pile of them. The smaller models were cheaper and sold better. They wanted to get rid of the 64's. $299 for every model automatically sells the biggest one best.
    01-29-12 12:52 AM
    Well, the average price has just dropped again Seriously, though, normalizing the price distribution between the models makes me wonder again what the $299/$299/$299 pricing was about, since it certainly would not sell 16GB and 32GB models...
    Okay, to answer your question. I believe they will probably hold at the 199, 249, 299 pricing or be slightly higher at possibly, 250,300,350 but i highly doubt that.

At $199 the playbook is still a great deal, even if it doesn't seem like a "fire sale" to some.

I think RIM has some momentum shift with the playbook now as well, they have seemed to saturate more general consumers, and are currently more "viral" then a lot of other tablet offerings.
    01-29-12 12:57 AM
    Agreed just wish i could of taking advantage of the lower price.
    01-29-12 01:06 AM

Um...... nope.
    01-29-12 06:42 AM
    Check out what I found: NEW RIM BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Tablet (843163074705) | eBay

Bought one last night. Been doing some research about it, before buying, on this forum, and finally became a member Can't wait till it gets here!
    01-29-12 07:00 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Check out what I found: NEW RIM BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Tablet (843163074705) | eBay

Bought one last night. Been doing some research about it, before buying, on this forum, and finally became a member Can't wait till it gets here!
    enjoy .. its an amazing product! .. use it everyday . everywhere .. right now .. in tokyo ... love it!!
    01-29-12 07:05 AM
    enjoy .. its an amazing product! .. use it everyday . everywhere .. right now .. in tokyo ... love it!!
    Awesome. My planned use for the Playbook "was" for travel, to replace a Nokia N770 tablet that's served me well since 2005. (I'm only missing the Skype component, which the N770 has.) I say "was" since I use the Playbook everyday... and I'm not traveling...
    jkeithbrown likes this.
    01-29-12 08:13 AM
    The sale ends February 11 in the United States and February 9 in Canada. Save $300/350/400 for 16GB/32GB/64GB respectively.

The Black Friday sale (save $300/300/300) caused people to focus on the 16 GB model because it was cheapest and that model sold out in a lot of stores.

The Boxing Day sale (save $300/350/300) that started after Christmas shifted more interest to the 32GB model and I saw reports that a lot of places were sold out of 32GB units. Since everyone was short of 16GB, it made it easier to shift people up to the next model since it was only a $50 jump.

The January same-price sale (save $200/300/400) switched buyers to the 64GB model, since it didn't make sense to buy either of the others at the same price, so this was designed to clear out stocks of the 64GB, which was less attractive in the previous two sales.

Now it seems that we are back to tiered pricing (save $300/350/400), so I assume they have cleared out sufficient quantities of the 64GB and they need a more evenly distributed strategy.

I'm wondering what the after-sale prices will be, but I'm thinking they may leave them only $50 apart rather than the original $100 jumps from model to model.
    01-29-12 03:19 PM

Hmmm, this person's most recent feedback on ebay:

"Caution: Item was not as described, it was not new or in its original packaging"

They seem to have sold a lot of them though, must have hijacked a truckload somewhere.

J/K - I wish you nothing but good luck with your new playbook and enjoy!
    01-29-12 04:45 PM
    Hmmm, this person's most recent feedback on ebay:

"Caution: Item was not as described, it was not new or in its original packaging"

They seem to have sold a lot of them though, must have hijacked a truckload somewhere.

J/K - I wish you nothing but good luck with your new playbook and enjoy!
    I've bought numerous things from them before, mainly because I get eBay daily deals and they are one of the main sellers of those deals. They have good customer experience too. That's why I didn't hesitate, because I usually don't buy new electronics on eBay, unless I know I'm fully covered.

Tracking shows that it should be delivered on Tuesday, so I'll post the "results" here of how this deal goes.
    Last edited by iggibar; 01-30-12 at 06:09 AM.
    mpcook likes this.
    01-29-12 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD