BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet | Tablets | TELUS Mobility

It looks like Telus is now selling the 16GB for $299, 32Gb $399 and 64GB $499.

It looks like this is the new regular price on the site, and NOT a sale price. Looking at these prices on their site I definitely believe this is a better price point to keep the PlayBook at.

Hopefully now some more PBs will move and end up in customer's hands !

What do you think about these new prices ?
    12-14-11 04:01 AM
    I think it's still too expensive. They need to price it at $199 to sell, assuming Android support is coming. If it really costs $299 to build 16GB model, they better find a way to reduce production cost.
    12-14-11 08:11 AM
    The 199.00 (16GB), 299.00 (32GB), and 399.00 (64GB) pricing proved the market has an appetite for the BlackBerry PlayBook at those prices. If the tablet had been marketed more effectively and the full potential been exploited from the outset there is little doubt these tablet would have sold like Beaver Tails at Winterlude in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. After all first-generation users have been somewhat unwitting lab rats as Research In Motion experiments with its next-generation device operating system and environment. Then the 4G models could have been priced at the original price points of 499.00 (16GB), 599.00 (32GB), and 699.00 (64GB) of the WiFi-only tablet. I prefer separation of smartphone and tablet and integration when desired via bridge-mode; the best of both worlds in convenient form-factors and a single data plan.
    12-14-11 09:07 AM
    The 199.00 (16GB), 299.00 (32GB), and 399.00 (64GB) pricing proved the market has an appetite for the BlackBerry PlayBook at those prices. If the tablet had been marketed more effectively and the full potential been exploited from the outset there is little doubt these tablet would have sold like Beaver Tails at Winterlude in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. After all first-generation users have been somewhat unwitting lab rats as Research In Motion experiments with its next-generation device operating system and environment. Then the 4G models could have been priced at the original price points of 499.00 (16GB), 599.00 (32GB), and 699.00 (64GB) of the WiFi-only tablet. I prefer separation of smartphone and tablet and integration when desired via bridge-mode; the best of both worlds in convenient form-factors and a single data plan.
    True they sold like hot cakes at those prices, but almost everyone is in agreement that those prices are not sustainable. As such, imho, these prices represent a much better retail price ...

I feel the prices on the website would be a great standard price on the PB and if this is what they were priced at to begin with, I would've had one long ago.
    12-14-11 10:40 AM
    True they sold like hot cakes at those prices, but almost everyone is in agreement that those prices are not sustainable. As such, imho, these prices represent a much better retail price ...

I feel the prices on the website would be a great standard price on the PB and if this is what they were priced at to begin with, I would've had one long ago.
    I think its too little, too late. The PB should have remained at $199, $299, $399 or lower until a new model is released. RIM has already written down the losses associated with the PB. If the software is complete by the time PB2 is released and the new hardware has features competitive with what else is on the market *then* the prices can come up -- though not to iPad prices yet.

If RIM can't get it together in 2012 I think by next Christmas we'll be looking at a bankruptcy filing.
    12-14-11 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD