Need some assistance with my Playbook. For the last week my Playbook has become possessed, it closes windows unexpectedly, opens windows and websites unexpectedly. At times when I am not even using the device it will launch Youtube and
    start playing a video. Last night around 3 in the morning it started playing a song from my music collection. It opens app, closes apps, does all sorts of weird things. As I am typng this on my laptop it just turned it self on an now it is scrolling through
    my photo album. Any assistance with this would be helpful; has anyone else experienced this issue. Or should I text the new Pope and see if he can assist with an exorcism on my Playbook?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-16-13 09:16 AM
    Whatever you do, please don't sprinkle your PlayBook even it is holy water...

Try to do security wipe and reinstall the current OS using Desktop Manager...

Posted via Z10
    ontherock3 likes this.
    03-16-13 09:29 AM
    Could be electronic interference. Make sure you're not trying to charge it next to another electronic type charger. My playbook did something similar while I was charging it in the same outlet as my (cough cough) Grandson's helicopter.
    ontherock3 likes this.
    03-16-13 10:20 AM
    isn't your screen very dirty? I'd suggest switching the machine off then cleaning it. If this doesn't work, it may be the screen internal connections that are defective, which would be clearly less fun. But indeed, I remember once having generated false clicks, close to a very old neon lamp transformer and with a dirty screen. Very shocking when it starts...
    03-16-13 10:29 AM
    Using third party charges can cause this too. I have a Nokia charger that causes the Playbook to do this. I think some of the third party charges must pulse the power and cause this. Mine would go wild with the Nokia charger plugged in to the same outlet as the Playbook charger.
    03-16-13 10:33 AM
    I think it got too close to a iphone and it's corrupt with cancer from the radiation or its having a hissyfit that it has better specs but has a Android OS, it will get better as soon as PB10 drops
    ontherock3 likes this.
    03-16-13 10:38 AM
    nope..using a BB charging dock
    Using third party charges can cause this too. I have a Nokia charger that causes the Playbook to do this. I think some of the third party charges must pulse the power and cause this. Mine would go wild with the Nokia charger plugged in to the same outlet as the Playbook charger.
    03-16-13 11:54 AM
    thanks...BB10 on my playbook would be sweet. even sweeter would b a new slim trim playbook with BB10
    I think it got too close to a iphone and it's corrupt with cancer from the radiation or its having a hissyfit that it has better specs but has a Android OS, it will get better as soon as PB10 drops
    03-16-13 11:55 AM
    Are you saying my PB is fat ?
    thanks...BB10 on my playbook would be sweet. even sweeter would b a new slim trim playbook with BB10
    03-16-13 12:31 PM
    Maybe its a tumor..
    03-16-13 01:01 PM
    i read plasma tv's can cause this,,, ask F2 about this...
    03-16-13 01:37 PM
    There are a number of HAUNTING threads. Some electrical applicances, tv's, poorly grounded circuits, other charging adapters on the same circuit, even if in another room, etc, can cause these results. Try another room or circuit, check grounding, avoid plasma tv if that seems to be the cause and move away.

There have been some amusing videos posted. And it is not just the pb that shows theses impacts.
    03-16-13 02:19 PM
    I had the same thing happen to mine just over a month ago. Just started launching and randomly switching apps. A reboot would fix it for a while and work perfect. Once it started freaking out, there was no stopping it without a shutdown.

Frustrated, I turned it off and left if off while I went on a business trip. Came back a few days later, turned it on and it's been fine ever since. I recall there were some app upgrades needed when I turned it back on and did them. Not sure it that helped.

Meanwhile, try shutting it down for a day or so and see if that helps.

Good luck
    03-16-13 02:32 PM
    Are you saying my PB is fat ?
    You've been feeding it Sad Old Mans pastys? Shame on you.
    03-16-13 07:48 PM
    You've been feeding it Sad Old Mans pastys? Shame on you.
    and rum.....playbook and alcohol don't mix well.
    03-16-13 09:57 PM
    Yes, it is posessed!!!!! Contact the new pope for exorcism
    Sorry, couldn't resist
    pike13 likes this.
    03-16-13 11:16 PM
    I have had this happen to me several times. I just thought that I did not put my PlayBook to sleep when I closed my convertible case. I came back and my PlayBook was playing. You Tube (two different times), CrackBerry (once), Scribbles (three times), and my e-mail (twice) over the past two months, I thought it was something I was doing to make it do this.
    03-17-13 12:28 AM