As I write this im sat in the hospital having my regular treatment and without doubt without my playbook I would not be able to stay in contsant contact with the world.
    Before I got my PB I would not have a hope of getting a 3G signal due to the position of the chairs in the room. Now though my Bold lives on the window cill all day other than to answer calls, and when its not in use im happily enjoying the web for Twitter, or just browsing around Crackberry
    Im using the Beta OS2 (6149) and although im not a dev the whole OS just works so much smoother than OS1.
    People say get an IPAD all day but I would have no hope of any connection wigh obe just like my previous visits to this ward.
    I know this may seem an odd post for my first but Ive read alot of threads with people beating on an amazing bit of kit, Bridge makes having a Tablet worthwhile when, if like me most of the time you need to stay in touch with either your customers or your family.

RIM, Keep them coming please.
    12-19-11 10:18 AM
    Thanks, and welcome. Nice first post.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 10:24 AM
    Couldn't agree more. The Bridge is worth it all! I just gave up my Ipad2 because of bridge. The PB may be a bit app poor but it does what I need and with great style.
    12-19-11 10:25 AM
    BIG welcome to Crackberry ! Thanks for posting that. Breath of fresh air. I needed some.

Tips and tricks for newbies in link below my post vvvv
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 10:32 AM
    Welcome Jones96!

I hope it goes well with your treatments.

You're in the position to discover the real powers of the playbook and did verbalize is well in your first posts. I say, like we all say, "It's only getting better!"

Thanks an good luck man!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 10:35 AM
    Oddly I've had my PB for 3 months now, and I'm on my 3rd BB handset, but I've never really felt I needed to post until today, mainly to avoid just whinging at people.
    I know everyone is due an opinion, but in reality how far does slagging off a product get you???
    In my eyes, in both life and employment a praise get you much further, be it as a employee, employer, consumer or a manufacturer.
    We all know that Apple think on these things before most of others, but RIM has found its niche by taking Apples thoughts and putting on the business and personal touch.

Yes RIM items lack games and certain app compatibility. But in reality if people only wanted to play games then RIM may have gone out of business by now!!

Like most i buy RIM's product because of the stability and the quality.

Enough said, I have no intention in even looking at a IPAD3 next year when they are released.
    12-19-11 01:24 PM
    See that's what I mean. People keep telling you to get an ifad. WHY??? What for? At least you get a decent web browsing experience.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 02:07 PM
    im confused. is your bold not able to wifi tether? why would you need a playbook for that? and why WOULDN'T an ipad work? i guess if you rely on BBM?
    12-19-11 02:22 PM
    Welcome Jones96!

I hope it goes well with your treatments.

You're in the position to discover the real powers of the playbook and did verbalize is well in your first posts. I say, like we all say, "It's only getting better!"

Thanks an good luck man!
    Took the words out of my mouth.I'll just give this a +1
    Welcome.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 03:15 PM
    OS 2 is pretty sweet
    But the PB is wonderful for what it's made for, and getting an iPad would just be a waste of money other than the apps and screen size
    12-19-11 03:29 PM
    It's great that your PB makes your hospital stay less sucky. I hope your treatment goes well. I like reading the different way people use their PBs

Welcome to CB.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 04:10 PM
    Welcome to the forums and don't be a stranger. Hope all goes well for you and it's great to know that your Playbook helps you through times like this.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 05:55 PM
    im confused. is your bold not able to wifi tether? why would you need a playbook for that? and why WOULDN'T an ipad work? i guess if you rely on BBM?
    I don't understand either. I have a playbook and like it a lot. But with the new 7.1 wifi hotspot, I must admit the iPad is looking mighty promising. To the OP - this same function can be accomplished (before the playbook was released) with an iPhone/iPad combo, or an Android phone/tab combo, or you can interchange any of these (including a blackberry with wifi hotspot). And the truth is, the bridge is slower than all of these (relies on the slow bluetooth speed while the others make use of wifi speeds). Don't get me wrong, I love RIM and their products, but sorry... The bridge (when used in this way) is nothing special.
    12-19-11 06:47 PM
    He has a Playbook and BB phone that he uses while receiving treatments in the hospital and he's enjoying it. Why question it?
    12-19-11 06:59 PM
    Is that hotspot free? Do carriers require tether on your data plan?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 07:01 PM
    Welcome Jones96! Glad you are likeing your PB and hope you pull through your treatments with flying colors!

Post any time, we are here to help you or just to chat.
    Willard814 and rotorwrench like this.
    12-19-11 07:23 PM
    Bridge data is tethering. why do the carriers allow it without charging more? can't they tell?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 09:58 PM
    Is that hotspot free? Do carriers require tether on your data plan?
    free on telus. not sure about other carriers. sorry, didnt mean to take away from the positive post, inlove my playbook and love reading about peoples pleasure with the playbook.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 11:22 PM
    I have had nothing but a positive experience with my PlayBook (64GB). It does everything I wanted it to, and more. The Bridge is an added bonus with my new Torch. I don't need apps, I have the entire internet The size is perfect for me and I love the video clarity.
    I am happy wherever I am if I have my PlayBook.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-19-11 11:45 PM
    i have had nothing but a positive experience with my playbook (64gb). The bridge is an added bonus. I don't need apps, i have the entire internet the size is perfect for me and i love the video clarity.
    I am happy wherever i am if i have my playbook.
    + + + + + + 1
    12-19-11 11:55 PM
    My phone lives on the cill as i am unable to get any signal on it (i believe as mentioned above). I don't tether to my BB as I don't get any better speed over using Bridge.
    As I personally have had no issues with Bridge, I can honestly say that my PB lives being Bridged and actually complains to me when my phone is out of reach In all truth I think I have tethered once since picking it up.
    I also have no hope of getting a Hotspot in a UK NHS hospital, this is not something that us Brits really get in our hospitals....

The best thing is, I have had two of my nurses say they don't leave the house with their IPAD's due to its size, so who cares what the IPAD'ers say, I like my small screen as I can actually take it with me.
    Funny how a portable device isn't truly portable....
    12-20-11 03:19 PM
    My phone lives on the cill as i am unable to get any signal on it (i believe as mentioned above). I don't tether to my BB as I don't get any better speed over using Bridge.
    As I personally have had no issues with Bridge, I can honestly say that my PB lives being Bridged and actually complains to me when my phone is out of reach In all truth I think I have tethered once since picking it up.
    I also have no hope of getting a Hotspot in a UK NHS hospital, this is not something that us Brits really get in our hospitals....

The best thing is, I have had two of my nurses say they don't leave the house with their IPAD's due to its size, so who cares what the IPAD'ers say, I like my small screen as I can actually take it with me.
    Funny how a portable device isn't truly portable....
    wifi hotspot is a feature your smartphone (os7.1 blackberry) can do to make a wifi connection available to your playbook vis the cellphone. it is a lot faster than bridge as it uses the wifi technology rather than bluetooth (bridge)
    12-23-11 12:31 AM
    free on telus. not sure about other carriers. sorry, didnt mean to take away from the positive post, inlove my playbook and love reading about peoples pleasure with the playbook.
    Tethering costs extra on Verizon. I've got a customer who was charged $1200 after being caught tethering and loss of his data plan. Yes to PB and Bridge.
    12-23-11 01:08 AM
    I don't understand either. I have a playbook and like it a lot. But with the new 7.1 wifi hotspot, I must admit the iPad is looking mighty promising. To the OP - this same function can be accomplished (before the playbook was released) with an iPhone/iPad combo, or an Android phone/tab combo, or you can interchange any of these (including a blackberry with wifi hotspot). And the truth is, the bridge is slower than all of these (relies on the slow bluetooth speed while the others make use of wifi speeds). Don't get me wrong, I love RIM and their products, but sorry... The bridge (when used in this way) is nothing special.
    For those of us that need it, and all my company will allow, is the Bridge, due to our communication and documents not being retained on the PB after closing the Bridge. Not to mention accessing phone apps we us. NO other pad/phone combo can do that. Also, on Verizon, wifi tethering is an extra plan, and they will catch you eventually. Again, Bridge rules.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-23-11 at 01:21 AM. Reason: omission
    12-23-11 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD