http://blogs.forrester.com/sarah_rot...ts_from_amazon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 01:03 PM
    She's mad cause she bought an ipad and just watched the new video of the playbook from sxsw

Last edited by dsquared2; 03-12-11 at 01:31 PM.
    03-12-11 01:22 PM
    umm its a woman, and it really doesnt say anything specific just that apple will probably maintain a strong hold on the tablet market (80%) this year.
    03-12-11 01:24 PM
    Well, she does say that other tablets don't have the ecosystem and personal sales environment offered by Apple. Also, they predict Amazon is Apple's true competion.

Interestingly, iPad's market share fell sharply in Q4 when their only real competion was the Galaxy tab. Apple Q4 Tablet Market Share Drops To 73%; Samsung Takes 17% - Eric Savitz - The Tech Trade - Forbes

03-12-11 01:31 PM
    She doesn't know ***. she's just mad she does not have a playbook!

03-12-11 01:34 PM
    ummm its weird she only made one mention of the playbook i even did a find to see if the words "blackberry" or "playbook" show up. she seems to target other makers, i really think she's an *****.
    03-12-11 02:49 PM
    Can't get to the blog now, so I'll just take y'all's word for it.

People need to get it out of their heads that the only measure of success in this market is to overtake the iPad in market share (same deal with BB's and other phones, for that matter). RIM is expected to sell something in the neighborhood of 4 million PB's this year, Apple is expecting to sell 30 million iPad 2's. If the PlayBook comes anywhere near close to that expectation, it will be successful for them. Period. End of story.
    03-12-11 02:55 PM
    The iPad will surely dominate the market. However this does not make it better.

The iBaaaa faithful will buy it no matter what.

It is also a very good product.

Toyotas outsell Mercedes Benz several times over. However I much prefer my Merc CLK to any Toyota. Not a perfect analagy but good enough.
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-12-11 02:59 PM

Toyotas outsell Mercedes Benz several times over. However I much prefer my Merc CLK to any Toyota. Not a perfect analagy but good enough.
    the iPad had less than 85% market share for 2010 (unlike steve jobs suggested) mainly due to competiton coming late in the year, also i read an analysts report (so take from it what you wish) saying by 2015 apple and google will hold apx 35% each of tablet market.

your sadly right, there will always be the loyalists to any brand, however in a society where we hate waiting and detest long ques, apple customers seem prepared to buck that trend.

dont get me wrong, some stuff they make looks nice, but would i que up for 6 hours for anything? heck no.

and your analogy works as long as we are talking auto mercs lol, manual gearboxes in them are a bit poor
    03-12-11 03:15 PM

oh pete, your slyyy sheep reference
    03-12-11 03:22 PM
    I think she did someone for info on the playbook and all she got is coming soon so ya she's just mad!!!!!!!
    03-12-11 04:09 PM
    the iPad had less than 85% market share for 2010 (unlike steve jobs suggested) mainly due to competiton coming late in the year, also i read an analysts report (so take from it what you wish) saying by 2015 apple and google will hold apx 35% each of tablet market.

your sadly right, there will always be the loyalists to any brand, however in a society where we hate waiting and detest long ques, apple customers seem prepared to buck that trend.

dont get me wrong, some stuff they make looks nice, but would i que up for 6 hours for anything? heck no.

and your analogy works as long as we are talking auto mercs lol, manual gearboxes in them are a bit poor
    Mine has a 6 speed auto since Mrs. Pete6 does not like stick shifts. It also has so much power that I don't miss gear changes..
    03-12-11 04:39 PM

Absolutely agree. And others will buy it as well, mostly because of Apple's masterful marketing engine, and because they were out first on a mass scale, and because, well, as you said, it is a good product.

But I'm surprised no one has come in yet jumping up and down that BlackBerry is no Mercedes Benz. Won't that just start up a royal sh!tstorm.
    03-12-11 06:30 PM
    But I'm surprised no one has come in yet jumping up and down that BlackBerry is no Mercedes Benz. Won't that just start up a royal sh!tstorm.
    I only ever buy Toyotas and probably never will buy anything else (though I'm considering a BMW Z3 after finishing my degree).

Blackberry is my Toyota- While they may not have all the snazzy options and have the raw power that Euro luxury imports have, they are reliable, sturdy, efficient, and consistent in design, dependability, and overall quality.
    03-12-11 07:50 PM
    I agree with her point about Apple making inroads on Amazon's turf. I'm not sure that bringing out a tablet of their own (Amazon) is a winning strategy. Why not position Amazon as the primary source of digital content for every tablet on the market instead?
    03-12-11 08:58 PM
    I agree with her point about Apple making inroads on Amazon's turf. I'm not sure that bringing out a tablet of their own (Amazon) is a winning strategy. Why not position Amazon as the primary source of digital content for every tablet on the market instead?
    I think Amazon will continue the two stage approach they have now with their own hardware and selling their content on all the others as well because it leaves them less vulnerable to moves like the one apple has done recently with changing the terms about purchases on the ios devices.

Them expanding from the current kindle into the tablet market also makes sense in that it gives them the chance to sell more stuff to people than with a kindle, they have mentioned doing their own appstore, they already sell mp3s and stream movies so they are well setup for an all in one option.
    03-13-11 07:15 AM
    that analyst is going to lose their job
    03-13-11 07:20 AM
    since some are suggesting a car analogy, i have a different take on it.
    BlackBerry is the Toyota, since you can buy them in different flavors and at cheaper prices.. and they get the job done.
    Apple is the BMW, where the owners justify their expensive purchase by convincing themselves that it's far better than the competition.

and while the owners are having a Pizzzing contest... in the corner of the room, a humble driver of a Maserati chuckles.
    03-13-11 07:32 AM
    BlackBerry is the Toyota, since you can buy them in different flavors and at cheaper prices.. and they get the job done.
    Apple is the BMW, where the owners justify their expensive purchase by convincing themselves that it's far better than the competition.

and while the owners are having a Pizzzing contest... in the corner of the room, a humble driver of a Maserati chuckles.
    So are you saying a BMW isn't far better than a Toyota?

And what is the Maserati equivalent to in this phone/car analogy?
    03-13-11 08:11 AM
    It's almost a given rim is working on an amazon app for PB...they already have one for hh's(mp3 app)......and if I remember correctly the first ever PB app announced at devcon in october was a amazon kindle app for PB

Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-13-11 at 10:30 AM.
    03-13-11 10:28 AM

Bad analogy. BMW's are better in almost every category except price when compared to a Toyota.

And what is the Maserati equivalent to in this phone/car analogy?

Playbook2 :P
    03-13-11 10:43 AM
    For myself, personally, I was an Apple backer/fanboy......iPhones, iPods, desktops and laptops.

I moved back to Verizon from ATT b/c they pissed me off. I went and got 2 8530's for my wife and I & then I discovered what BB was all about: flexibility, messaging, rock solid performance - in my experience.

I have since upgraded us to Bold 9650's and I love this phone.

I was never interested in getting a tablet until BB announced the PlayBook....didnt want/need an iPad or a Galaxy tab. But I can see how I can use the PB in my everyday life - both in business and personal ways. And that is why I am buying a PB.
    sf49ers likes this.
    03-13-11 01:56 PM
    Bad analogy. BMW's are better in almost every category except price when compared to a Toyota.

Playbook2 :P
    I don't think so... and here's why,
    i am willing to admit that a 2011 Corolla ( loaded) with heated leather seats, navigation, moon roof etc has better "leg room", has a more appealing interior and even better "cup holder" placement than my 323i.
    Don't even go to the Miles/gallon comparison, where the Corolla is the winner.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

which is like the iPad vs Playbook comparison.
    both devices have their own strengths and weaknesses, but ONE is clearly more attractive to a regular joe.
    03-13-11 04:56 PM
    hahahaha! that was beautiful

apple sheep lolz
    03-13-11 07:06 PM
    I stopped reading at "applestore".
    03-13-11 07:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD