First off you will need to download two apps from the App World. 1: Air browser- a free file browser 2: Easy Playlist. Once these are installed run Easy Playlist. This will generate a new .m3u Playlist. Then, open Air Browser and click the Misc. tab. Find the Android tab. Scroll, until you find playlists. Inside this folder you will find your Playlist. Click on it and various options will appear. Click edit. There you can edit your playlist and add songs by tying there name. Then click on your playlist. Once you have done this click on the third Icon at the top and click cut. Then, find the music folder and paste it there. Voila, A thirteen year old just taught you how to make a playlist without a computer! If you need help please ask! The Finished .m3u file should look like this: music/For The Lovers.mp3 music/I Got You.mp3 music/Nothing But Love.mp3 and so on..
    Last edited by hunterbbfreak; 06-23-13 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Editing
    06-23-13 01:13 AM
    OK, you're thirteen, so I'll be gentle. I do think that I know what you're doing, but maybe the first thing we should note here is that the app, Easy Playlist, doesn't really work. It doesn't "see" any of the songs in my music folder, so it can't really be used to create playlists. But I'm guessing that that's not really the point. I think that what you're doing is simply creating an .m3u file that can then be manually edited to put the tunes in there that you want. Is this correct? If it is, maybe I can make things a little easier for you. It involves another free app from app world called Ghost Commander (sorry if anyone thinks I'm pushing this app a bit much lately), which is an android file manager, among other things. Instead of manually typing every song you want in your playlist, try this. Edit the file in Air Browser as you were doing, then open Ghost Commander, tap Playbook Media, then music, and then navigate to a tune you want to add to the playlist. Now tap and hold on the tune. A window will pop up. Scroll down and choose "Copy name to clipboard". Now, go back to Air Browser and just paste the copied text into the m3u file. The text pasted will show the total path to the tune, ie., instead of showing "music/Wierd Al I'm tired of all this typing.mp3, it will show "/accounts/1000/shared/music/Wierd Al I'm tired of all this typing.mp3", but that shouldn't matter.

All that being sad, playlists created this way have the same issues with those created on a PC- being that the PB's Music app does not recognize the order of songs on the playlist. Further, there are other media players available for the PB that allow you to pretty easily create playlists, a couple of which are free (but need to be sideloaded).
    06-23-13 03:31 AM
    With this app you dont need a pc to make a playlist:
    06-23-13 04:09 PM
    With this app you dont need a pc to make a playlist:
    From the video it looks like that app uses the PB's native file picker to select tunes. Ouch. That's not much better than manually editing an m3u file as hunterbbfreak suggests, especially if you have lots of tunes on your PB (I have 1,500), which forces you into lots of scrolling or having to type in search criteria for every tune you want to enter. Anyhow, there are other apps available. I use ES File Explorer's integrated media player, which allows for the creation of multiple playlists. It uses ES File Explorer to select files, and ES "sees" the PB's folder structure so navigating to and selecting files is easy (assuming your music library is organized). It also has the added benefit of not being limited to media on your PB. You can create playlists of material located on your local network, or media located in the cloud, or media located in a combination of these three. While creating playlists with ES is not particularly intuitive, it is pretty easy once you know how.
    06-23-13 09:17 PM
    First, Off You should be "Gentle" to anyone even if they aren't thirteen. Second, Yes, Easy Playlist does work. It generates a .m3u file and you have to manually edit it yourself. (As metioned) And you were a little rude to Blackman91! So I don't really care what you think. Since, your not thirteen I won't be gentle.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-23-13 09:27 PM
    Uh, I don't think that I was rude to Blackman91. I was simply pointing out that since Q Music uses the native file picker to select songs, that is an issue. It's not just Q Music, it's most native apps on the PB that use this picker. This is an issue that has been discussed many times on this forum, i.e., the failings of the native file picker. Ask anyone who has tried to email a photo using Messages when they have thousands of pictures on their PB- it can be quite frustrating (if they're not aware of the workarounds). My main point is, that Q Music NEEDS its own internal file browser to make it a decent, useful app, especially for anyone who has a lot of tunes on their PB.

Second, not being rude does not mean I have to agree with what Blackman91, you, or anyone else has to say. I can disagree without being disagreeable or insulting.

Third, Easy Playlist only marginally works- it doesn't work at all like it is supposed to or was designed to. What good is a Playlist app that doesn't "see" any of the songs in my music folder? What it is is an android app ported over and submitted by Handster, Inc., who are well known in these parts for not particularly caring whether the apps that they submit work on the PB or not. I think I can guarantee you that Handster is NOT the developer of the app, and that the app is almost certainly quite a different experience on a true android device. .
    06-23-13 10:27 PM
    I was simply pointing out that since Q Music uses the native file picker to select songs, that is an issue. It's not just Q Music, it's most native apps on the PB that use this picker.
    I agree the native file manager sucks but the dev of Q Music is apparently working to solve this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=782110

Also another good app to create "playlist" is Mortplayer audiobooks.
    06-24-13 12:47 AM
    First, Off You should be "Gentle" to anyone even if they aren't thirteen. Second, Yes, Easy Playlist does work. It generates a .m3u file and you have to manually edit it yourself. (As metioned) And you were a little rude to Blackman91! So I don't really care what you think. Since, your not thirteen I won't be gentle.
    Wow. Be gentle to everyone? Give everyone a trophy? Lie to kids and tell them there are no loosers in life? Cheat someone out of the truth about the best way of doing something, like creating a Playlist, in order to not hurt their feelings? Hmmm. I wonder how a generation raised on a diet of that tripe would turn out? Perhaps an occasional swift kick in the **** wouldn't hurt any of us.

Just a thought......
    06-24-13 12:15 PM
    I was reloading some old android bar files on my PB that I hadn't loaded since my last wipe, and I came across one that can do everything that the OP wants to do without all of the hassle. The app is Total Commander, and can be found here- Total Commander for Playbook and BB10 - Essential Playbook and BB10 Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps Total Commander is an android file browser with its own internal media player. To create a playlist with it, it's probably easiest to go into settings/Internal Associations, and associate mp3 files with "TotalCmd (Queue)".Then just navigate to and tap on files that you want to add to the playlist (they'll start playing in its player). When you've chosen all of your tunes, while in player view, swipe down and choose "Save playlist".. You'll get a prompt for a name and can navigate here to the location you want to save the playlist to. Save it to your Music folder. The playlist will then be seen by the native Music app (if that's your preferred app for music). The Music app will also respect the playlists song order. If I recall, that used to an issue with playlists transferred from a PC- don't know if that still holds true.

Total Commander can also be used to create video playlists, though it seems that these playlists will only work with Total Commander.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 09:51 PM