I looked few some threads and don't see any answer to this.. Is there any way to play the songs on the bridged BlackBerry using the PlayBook? I know we can use Orb or even just type in the name of whatever song in YouTube and they'll play, but is the only way to play music on the PlayBook, by syncing the PlayBook with Desktop Manager and then moving music onto it? Would it be possible for an app developer to create an app so that the PlayBook could access the music on our BlackBerry phones and play through the much better speakers on the PlayBook, or is that technologically impossible? I think it would be a huge plus..
    05-18-11 03:41 AM
    No, afraid you can't play any 'media' from your BB on your PB yet.

Hope it becomes available soon with an upgrade, but at the moment when you look at your SD files through your Playbook, it will tell you media files can't be opened.
    05-18-11 04:06 AM
    Seems alot of the Features that are in popular demand all have the same reasoning behind them and that is " Comming Soon"
    06-22-11 02:21 AM
    I've ordered a 32GB SD card already, that day is coming and it will be here soon.

I'll put music on the SD card and Video on the PB, streaming music will be much easier than streaming the video.

It will be nice when the Music Player app is made that will stream from the SD card, have EQ settings, multiple playlists, and read the ID tags and have lyrics on the playbook screen.

Give it some time, it's all in the future, we'll be the ones with the "told ya so" grin.

A rearview mirror app will also be neeeded to be able to see the other tablets.
    06-22-11 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD