Hello, haven't been here for a while as I've really just passively used and enjoyed my blackberry devices, however for the past couple of weeks I've been having a great issue that I've only found the time to post about now (as it is seemingly getting worse and worse as the day goes by). Originally just about 5-10% of the time, I can't count on my device working anymore as there's really only a 30% chance I won't see this

I usually have to try to turn off the screen and try again by rotating device trying again, instead of swiping finger try the power button, restart device, or just wait some time. This all started after my Holiday travels so I'm wondering if it could be a result of the playbook being sandwiched too much in my travel bag? Is there any remedy? I've tried a factory reset but that did help anything.

Also other issues I'm having although less important if anyone has any ideas, for the longest time now the camera/video camera apps just show black/don't work, and my device doesn't allow me to connect to my laptop something about insufficient power source or it doesn't recognize i pulled it in at all... a little frustrating now that I need to sideload andriod apps and its not possible without a computer connection. Can anyone help me ? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook Playbook screen display issue-img-20130111-00653.jpg   Playbook Playbook screen display issue-wl9aae.jpg  
    01-19-13 07:53 AM
    Looks like a call to RIM is in order.
    01-19-13 08:12 AM
    Usually for a problem camera, Rim must fix it. The screen problem also looks like hardware.

You can try Debrick

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry & Tablette Tactile - Modles de BlackBerry FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    irockster9 likes this.
    01-19-13 09:21 AM
    I knew F2 would be here with all the info
    01-19-13 09:25 AM
    Had the same problem a few months back. I had originally bought my Playbook in February just as 2.0 was released and never registered for the free 90 day support, so when I called, the RIM support agent set me up with it, nice gesture. I then sent it in for service; the problem was fixed and I had it back within ten days. They also followed up by phone and email to make sure the issue was remedied.
    Great service and reasonably quick too. If you're under warranty, give them a call.
    01-19-13 09:37 AM
    I had the same issue. I just sent it back and bb gave me a new one.
    01-19-13 09:49 AM
    I had the screen problem for a long time and used the power button to recover. Eventually the screen started to go to the lowest light setting and if I sort of bent it, the screen would go back to the settings. Mine was an original first day of release, so there was no warranty. I found some videos on YouTube and took the cover off, and pressed on the cables, that was it. Tested it without the cover on and it worked fine. I then put the cover back on and no problems since. The screen problem started some time after I dropped it from the counter to the ceramic floor.
    irockster9 likes this.
    01-19-13 02:07 PM
    I knew F2 would be here with all the info
    Only because I was checking early but was gone most of day hiking in the snow - too frozen old snow to attempt skiing! And snowshoes were not necessary although I did carry them 8 miles!!!!
    01-19-13 06:47 PM