Looking to get another PB soon to use as a dedicated TV box. Have not done my homework yet here on CB but what are the best options for PB to PB communication and file transfer. Will bridge to another PB be an option in future?
    09-22-12 01:14 PM
    Maybe after BB10... So far nothing about PB-PB... Do we have NFC or is it only on the 4G? That could be a solution.

If you have a media server you could use it as a proxy between the devices (there is a very popular thread on how to set up one).

I stream stuff to my PB and have it display on my 40' tv. Works fine. But I'm in Brasil and I don't rely on any official channels to do it besides, maybe, YouTube Movies.
    09-22-12 01:28 PM
    I transfer files between my PlayBooks using an app called Dukto. I'm not sure about communicating between them though.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    09-22-12 04:15 PM
    Looking to get another PB soon to use as a dedicated TV box. Have not done my homework yet here on CB but what are the best options for PB to PB communication and file transfer. Will bridge to another PB be an option in future?
    Try using Nexus App for PlayBook to Playbook file transferring, it's native, it's free and it works great.. The free version allows file transfers of up to 1g. I think you have to purchase upgrade for larger files.. Haven't really needed to transfer larger files to date.

Good luck and enjoy.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-22-12 04:58 PM
    There is also this application called NEXUS. It detects PlayBooks in your LAN and I think it uses a token to connect and transfer files.
    09-22-12 04:59 PM
    I transfer files between my PlayBooks using an app called Dukto. I'm not sure about communicating between them though.
    Is that a native app?
    09-22-12 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure why you need PB to PB communication?

I use Lan File Explorer to watch movies across my network with my PB. If it's plugged into a TV your BB can be used as a simple remote.
    09-22-12 05:07 PM
    Is that a native app?
    I believe so. I DLed it from App World and it's not running in the Android player.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    09-22-12 06:15 PM
    WIFI file transfer from a pb to another pb is possible from a computer. If you have a router that is.
    09-22-12 06:18 PM
    Try using Nexus App for PlayBook to Playbook file transferring, it's native, it's free and it works great.. The free version allows file transfers of up to 1g. I think you have to purchase upgrade for larger files.. Haven't really needed to transfer larger files to date.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Thanks! I will definitely look at Nexus. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for.
    09-23-12 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD