Hi,
    How do you transfer a video made on a Playbook to another Playbook?
    Thanks for your help!
    07-22-12 11:41 AM
    On a windows pc, connect both PBs via usb and then open 2 windows, one each for the video folder on each PB, then just drag and drop. If both are connected to your home network via wifi, you can also use your desktop or laptop to do the same drag and drop over wifi. Ive done both methods and it works quite well.

If you don't have a laptop or desktop computer, you could use one of the cloud file sharing services like Box or Bluebox to make the transfer in 2 steps:. Step one save the video in the cloud via Box, step two, download that file from Box onto the other PB.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-22-12 at 01:18 PM. Reason: to clarify the second sentence
    07-22-12 12:00 PM
    On a windows pc, connect both PBs via usb and then open 2 windows, one each for the video folder on each PB, then just drag and drop. If both are connected to your home network via wifi, you can also do the same drag and drop over wifi. Ive done both methods and it works quite well.

If you don't have a laptop or desktop computer, you could use one of the cloud file sharing services like Box or Bluebox to make the transfer in 2 steps:. Step one save the video in the cloud via Box, step two, download that file from Box onto the other PB.
    Thanks PatrickMJS,
    We are both connected to our home network via wifi, could you please explain how to drag and drop over wifi?
    Your help is much appreciate!
    DC506 likes this.
    07-22-12 12:40 PM
    I've used all of the methods mentioned by PatrickMJS. They all work well. Also Box is great if you want to share a large file like a video to someone on another platform.
    07-22-12 12:40 PM
    Thanks PatrickMJS,
    We are both connected to our home network via wifi, could you please explain how to drag and drop over wifi?
    Your help is much appreciate!
    The dragging and dropping must be done on the computer. Much like you would do when just moving a file from one folder to another. But one folder is one PlayBook and the other is the other PlayBook.
    07-22-12 12:43 PM
    If both playbooks are on the same network, try installing Dukto from the app world. It's free, does not require a computer.
    07-22-12 01:02 PM
    Attachment 114295

If you're using Windows 7, make sure your file sharing settings are the same as shown in the attached photo.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-22-12 at 01:21 PM. Reason: add photo...
    07-22-12 01:20 PM
    I have used an app called Nexus to transfer files
    07-22-12 01:41 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help!
    07-22-12 02:27 PM
    See this thread, which discusses Dukto (free download, a Qt port by xsacha) which is supposed to allow direct PB to PB transfers.

| http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...6/#post7390987
    07-22-12 03:45 PM
    If you want to straight PB to PB file viewing/sharing Ghost Commander is a great option. I use ghost commander to send my wife files (or grab files from her pb) from my pb to her pb when I don't feel like going to the computer.
    07-22-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD